• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

MogCakes

What type of stupid statement...

Not paying a monthly subscription for this, I'll wait for PS4 version or something, I'm sure the vast majority will have cleared out by then. I'll enjoy my free month (if that will even be possible).

Not defending SE on this, but they probably didn't expect traffic to be this huge. In fact I wasn't expecting it either, thought ARR would have a decent amount of players at launch and would slow burn if anything.

BadRNG

I don't mind limiting amount of players on servers, even a severe limit, but they could at least add a better queue system. Even a massively long queue is preferable to "We're full, try again later"

That just encourages massive refreshes on their lobby server. Something you'd think they'd like to avoid at this point.

Sandfox

What type of stupid statement...

Not paying a monthly subscription for this, I'll wait for PS4 version or something, I'm sure the vast majority will have cleared out by then. I'll enjoy my free month (if that will even be possible).
The game should be ok before your month even runs out.

Scrawnton

Wait, so why are they limiting log ins again?

they have been limiting log ins for pretty much four hours.

Honestly, guys. I think I am going to make a new character on Malboro, the only server that it seems a big community (gaf, 4chan, reddit, gamefaqs) is not at...

I want to be able to play without stuffed servers and waiting in queues all the time...

Sat here hammering the A button on my 360 controller for the PC client.
25 minutes later I'm in.
Queuing for Ifrit so I fully expect to be out again in 30 minutes.

CLBridges

Got back into Siren after a few attempts of getting queued. I'm really having fun with this being my first MMO. I pretty much plan to play all day as my lady is doing her own thing today. Feels good!

How are people getting in? All I'm getting is the NA/EU server list error.

Speaking of which, just why are NA and EU servers lumped together anyway? Japan is a singular country with 25 servers to its name, while 10+ countries spread across 2 continents have the same amount of servers available to them.

Xavien

You'd think they'd just enable queues and set the population to start queuing at what they want, but thats too logical i guess

Scrawnton

How are people getting in? All I'm getting is the NA/EU server list error.

Speaking of which, just why are NA and EU servers lumped together anyway? Japan is a singular country with 25 servers to its name, while 10+ countries spread across 2 continents have the same amount of servers available to them.

square enix is a japanese company and they placed tons of servers there.... its inexcusable to not give NA and EU there own set of servers the same amount as japans... they are trying to cram the two biggest gaming markets onto the same servers while the smaller market gets all the servers they need.

Teknoman

Because they're expecting an influx of people trying to log in

Or something. lol

You'd think they would have been ready for that long ago...seeing how:

A.) Its Final Fantasy
B.) They've had some pretty decent marketing via those CG trailers and banners all over E3
C.) Its an MMO that lots of people wanted to be sucessful back during the first launch.
D.) Its Final Fantasy

Then again, the Xbox live servers always roll over and die during CoD launches, and we've gone through several of those. Maybe its a thing where they dont want to over invest? Then again, I dont know the first thing about companies and how they handle server load.

WolvenOne

Honestly folks, I'd just do something else in a few hours, until they're no longer limited logins. I mean, its not as if you're going to run out of people to run dungeons with. :)

Kokonoe

Banned
Think the wise thing to do would be to try again tomorrow. Hopefully this is all fixed by then.

Welp, suppose I'll play my PS3 or hop on PSO2.

fishbang

Oh my god, I finally got in... It's a miracle! I didn't even get a queue that time... I really do not understand SE's queuing system, lol.

Same. I just got in after 15 minutes of hammering the 0 key. This is a really strange approach. I never thought I'd actually long for the sight of a queue, but here I am, longing.

WolvenOne

You'd think they would have been ready for that long ago...seeing how:

A.) Its Final Fantasy
B.) They've had some pretty decent marketing via those CG trailers and banners all over E3
C.) Its an MMO that lots of people wanted to be sucessful back during the first launch.
D.) Its Final Fantasy

Then again, the Xbox live servers always roll over and die during CoD launches, and we've gone through several of those. Maybe its a thing where they dont want to over invest? Then again, I dont know the first thing about companies and how they handle server load.

Partly an over investment thing, yeah. I think every slightly more capacity would've alleviated things, but, if you know traffic is going to drop by 1/3rd in a few days, its probably difficult to justify permanently investing in additional servers and such.

Besides, at this point new servers wouldn't do much to alleviate existing servers. You might get some low level players whom haven't joined guilds to jump over, but most players will have invested too much to re-roll.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
iRWsdyKWWmNKH.gif
That's great, where's it from?

Maaseru

Banned
Ok Ok I seriously need some help and this process is really testing my patience.

SO I got the game from GMG, got the confirmation email with the key, that key I used in the square enix site to get the game. After I entered it it gave me my early access code( adifferent one) and it gave me a link to download the client. It then said that I need to register the game with that code in the sqaure enix page or the game client. Since the game client asked me for a one-time password I used the site, pressed the button that said I already have a square enix account etc. After I registered the game and it appears in the library it says I need to go to the Square Enix account management page to set up the one-time password and go from there so that I can log into the client so I can download the game etc. I'm stuck here.

I cannot access the client because of this one-time password, but on the Square Enix account management page I appear as not registered. I have been trying every different thing even accessing through a direct link the setup for the Android app but get an error. I'm seriously stuck and I hav eno email from either GMG or Square that truly helps. SE just sent me an email giving me my early acces register code and says to follow the link to register or to just do it through the client. I cannot get this far and I have not found what to do. HELP PLEASE!

mackaveli

I'm lvl 20 goldsmith and can mend materia providing you provide the materia + carbon materializer or whatever its called.

name in game Yoruichi Shihouin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom