• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Yoshi has some comments:

Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

Thank you for your cooperation on the multiple maintenance correspondence.

With the 2 maintenances that were implemented with the NA/EU Data Center, we have resolved the 90000 error origin and corresponding characters. For the few reports that have been sent after the maintenance, it seems like it is a separate issue, and we will be working on them individually. Thank you for your cooperation with the maintenance.

And we are also currently working on the an even better way to optimize the heavy load of simultaneous access, heavy load on matching and the matching server features for Duty Finder.

Since it is hard to implement them during peak hours and that it might make the matters worse, we are carefully deciding when to do it.

So at Aug. 25 12:00 a.m. PDT, we will be implementing a maintenance to optimize the NA/EU Data Centers. At the same time, we will be implementing all the fixes done for the NA/EU Data Centers to the JP Data Center, so maintenance will be done on the JP Data Centers to get a smoother optimization.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we please ask for continued cooperation for an overall stable environment. The Development and Support Team will continue to work hard for smoother play to our customers, and we thank you for understanding and for your cooperation.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Main story portions that lead to primals/dungeon instances have to be done in a group, other then that the smaller fights are all done solely by yourself.

I'm screwed then. Did a lvl 18 Ul'dah fight, did fine the first portion, then I get my ass handed to me by a masked mage and a gargoyle .

Izayoi

Banned
Yoshi has some comments:

Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

Thank you for your cooperation on the multiple maintenance correspondence.

With the 2 maintenances that were implemented with the NA/EU Data Center, we have resolved the 90000 error origin and corresponding characters. For the few reports that have been sent after the maintenance, it seems like it is a separate issue, and we will be working on them individually. Thank you for your cooperation with the maintenance.

And we are also currently working on the an even better way to optimize the heavy load of simultaneous access, heavy load on matching and the matching server features for Duty Finder.

Since it is hard to implement them during peak hours and that it might make the matters worse, we are carefully deciding when to do it.

So at Aug. 25 12:00 a.m. PDT, we will be implementing a maintenance to optimize the NA/EU Data Centers. At the same time, we will be implementing all the fixes done for the NA/EU Data Centers to the JP Data Center, so maintenance will be done on the JP Data Centers to get a smoother optimization.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we please ask for continued cooperation for an overall stable environment. The Development and Support Team will continue to work hard for smoother play to our customers, and we thank you for understanding and for your cooperation.
Wasn't that posted last night?

Edit: Yeah, that's the same message from last night. That's referring to the maintenance that happened between midnight and early this morning.

Rafterman

Banned
What a mess!

First I can't see any NA servers at all. When they finally do pop up, none of the servers are accepting new characters. Finally Ultros comes up and I'm allowed to make a character, but it's full and just tells me to "fuck off, come back later!". So I decide to make a new character, on a different server, and I no longer can see the server list again. For a game that was in beta as long as this game was, and for a company that has experience with this stuff, this is just laughably pathetic.

If things are this bad today, just imagine how bad they will be on the 27th.

I've been constantly remaking characters, being unable to decide on what class to play. So I finally chose a class...I delete my unwanted character, and now the server is not accepting new characters.

Ridiculous. I'm locked out of my server in early access. I thought the whole fucking point of early access was to get the server / names you wanted. I literally can't play the game, since I'm playing with a small community of people on that specific server.

Maaseru

Banned
Ok Ok I seriously need some help and this process is really testing my patience.

SO I got the game from GMG, got the confirmation email with the key, that key I used in the square enix site to get the game. After I entered it it gave me my early access code( adifferent one) and it gave me a link to download the client. It then said that I need to register the game with that code in the sqaure enix page or the game client. Since the game client asked me for a one-time password I used the site, pressed the button that said I already have a square enix account etc. After I registered the game and it appears in the library it says I need to go to the Square Enix account management page to set up the one-time password and go from there so that I can log into the client so I can download the game etc. I'm stuck here.

I cannot access the client because of this one-time password, but on the Square Enix account management page I appear as not registered. I have been trying every different thing even accessing through a direct link the setup for the Android app but get an error. I'm seriously stuck and I hav eno email from either GMG or Square that truly helps. SE just sent me an email giving me my early acces register code and says to follow the link to register or to just do it through the client. I cannot get this far and I have not found what to do. HELP PLEASE!

Ok, sorry for that, got it to work. Apparently my user id for the account management page was another one from what I previously entered and I really don't know why. I mean when I entered that said ID it wasn't accepted because it contained unacceptable characters, so I changed it, but that original ID was my ID. WTH

Eusis

I've been constantly remaking characters, being unable to decide on what class to play. So I finally chose a class...I delete my unwanted character, and now the server is not accepting new characters.

Ridiculous. I'm locked out of my server in early access. I thought the whole fucking point of early access was to get the server you want / names you wanted. I literally can't play the game, since I'm playing with a small community of people on that specific server.
The worst part about what you did?

You advance far enough in your class's jobs and you can switch to any other easily. Granted you might have issues initially getting into classes not based in your starting city, but in the end the only reason to keep remaking characters was to settle on an appearance you liked, and perhaps deciding which starting story was more interesting though that's probably better powered through with the help of others once the game's running smoothly.

I think I'll re-rent SR4 and forget about FFXIV for now. Don't really feel like playing the game of mashing buttons to get in, just make me wait longer in a damn queue.

fleck0

Wasn't that posted last night?

Edit: Yeah, that's the same message from last night. That's referring to the maintenance that happened between midnight and early this morning.

Yoshi just forgot to change the 25 to a 26 when he copy-pasted that for tonight's maintenance.

I'm really liking the look of this acolyte robe I got from one of the dungeons. I dread leveling up and having to use crap looking armor until the next dungeon set.

CTLance

I'm screwed then. Did a lvl 18 Ul'dah fight, did fine the first portion, then I get my ass handed to me by a masked mage and a gargoyle .
I remember that from the beta.

Make sure you have some antidotes on you, and make DOUBLY sure you aggro only the Gargoyle until you've killed it. That way you should be able to handle them. If both tag-team up on you there will be pain.

Strange, the code SquEnix sent me for PS3 doesn't get accepted by the webshop. Oh well, I'm busy with other things anyway.

Aquila

Make sure to use an antidote at the start and hope to not get poisoned again before the cooldown is up. Otherwise just focus the gargoyle and pull away from the mage. The mage shouldn't engage you until you first attack him. You'll get some help once the gargoyle is down.

Teknoman

I remember that from the beta.

Make sure you have some antidotes on you, and make DOUBLY sure you aggro only the Gargoyle until you've killed it. That way you should be able to handle them. If both tag-team up on you there will be pain.

Strange, the code SquEnix sent me for PS3 doesn't get accepted by the webshop. Oh well, I'm busy with other things anyway.

Yeah, stock on some healing items and food, and always attack the adds first.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I don't have to restart the client when I get those 'server list not found' errors, do I? I can just leave the menu running and when it's fixed it's fixed?

Taruranto

I managed to get in 2 times and I lost connection 2 times... now i'm trying to get in again.

Also, I found that the best way to fix the "can't find servers" error is to restart the client.

The worst part about what you did?

You advance far enough in your class's jobs and you can switch to any other easily. Granted you might have issues initially getting into classes not based in your starting city, but in the end the only reason to keep remaking characters was to settle on an appearance you liked, and perhaps deciding which starting story was more interesting though that's probably better powered through with the help of others once the game's running smoothly.

I think I'll re-rent SR4 and forget about FFXIV for now. Don't really feel like playing the game of mashing buttons to get in, just make me wait longer in a damn queue.

I fully understand how the class system works, but I don't wanna be stuck leveling a class I don't enjoy.

As of writing this, every server is locked, except for a EU Legacy server, which I couldnt even play on if I wanted to, due to latency problems.

This is by far the silliest MMO launch I've ever played...and I've done them all. I mean, why lock the servers? Just enjorce a queue, every MMO vet is accustomed to that. But locking the servers entirely? WOW...that's some next level shit.

Faithless

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with this early quest where you try and log into the game. Seems really high level for a starting quest; can't get past the boss named 1017. He looks like a rectangle on a black screen -- I can't even SEE my character when I'm fighting him. Any pointers?

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
0-spamming got me in after nothing less than an hour.
ohwell.

Just got through to Sargatanas but I can't get on Ultros... guess I finally get a chance to take a peak at my old character.

Quick edit-- SE was like "syke you ain't goin' no where!" I got kicked out of the queue...

Salaadin

I leave 5 hours ago because of maintenance, come back, and I still cant get in because of 1017. This is just getting silly now.

I havent been able to do what I want to do but Im trying to make the best of it but now they arent letting me do anything at all :\

mneuro

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with this early quest where you try and log into the game. Seems really high level for a starting quest; can't get past the boss named 1017. He looks like a rectangle on a black screen -- I can't even SEE my character when I'm fighting him. Any pointers?

You win Gaf. Congratulations.

BKJest

A smaller party and continued cooperation are recommended.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom