• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
c2m.gif

Banananana

Neo Member
Welp. I've already gotten accustomed to the JP server I'm on (Ultima).
Looks like I'll be managing multiple characters now, just in case NA servers decide to keep fucking up.

Lain

Players in Queue: 64
Yay! I'm in the queue! Let's wait now!!
After 1 minute the game switches to the loading screen
OMG I'm getting in!!!!!
Connection With The Server Lost

Fuck you Square.

Xavien

i got in for 40 mins (after 3 hours of spamming 0)... did a dungeon (thats something) and then 90k, then 3102 for the past 20 mins...

please... i just wanna playyyyy.

759.gif

srs?

No. Beta 4 was fucking terrible. I'll take this (as it's been near perfect, sans instances early on) over OB again.

As in, "Beta 4 should have been longer to fix their fuckups that are CLEARLY evident". This isn't anywhere in the neighborhood of "near perfect". Beta 2 and 3 were "near perfect".

Eusis

I fully understand how the class system works, but I don't wanna be stuck leveling a class I don't enjoy.

As of writing this, every server is locked, except for a EU Legacy server, which I couldnt even play on if I wanted to, due to latency problems.

This is by far the silliest MMO launch I've ever played...and I've done them all. I mean, why lock the servers? Just enjorce a queue, every MMO vet is accustomed to that. But locking the servers entirely? WOW...that's some next level shit.
While normally I get this logic, the amount of time it takes to reach the point where you'd need to switch is likely the same amount of time you'd need to even figure out if you really didn't like that class or not given how fast leveling is in this. I could understand in something like FFXI with its much slower, absolutely co-op dependent leveling, but here it really doesn't matter much.

Eh, you'd probably have been held up by the instances anyway, not unless those actually ARE fine for people now.

Dunan

With NA/EU servers failing again, I logged in with my alternate on the JP server, and stuck with him for four hours; he's now way ahead both story-wise (travel!) and level-wise (17 to 12) of my "main" GAF-based character.

Poor Nozomi Dunan is stuck on the sidelines while Iorek Dunan gets all the playing time.

daebo

first for me "this world is currently full. please wait......"

Is this legitimate? I mean, the world is actually full? I've been put in a queue a couple times before... why not a queue now?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
first for me "this world is currently full. please wait......"

Is this legitimate? I mean, the world is actually full? I've been put in a queue a couple times before... why not a queue now?

Used to happen all the time in wow.

Happened a few times on the open beta for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom