• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sorta-kinda with you, until this.

If their projections said that FFT-0 would make them a profit in the US, they'd release it. You'd have to be crazy otherwise. They're a business. No business would knowingly miss out on an opportunity for profit.

You don't honestly believe that they're holding it back because they spite us, do you?

Considering the clamor that FF fans in the West have made for Type-0, it's hard to imagine that Squenix doesn't believe it would sell. The dead state of PSP outside of Japan is a problem, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker sold disastrously in the West as well for the same reason. But I doubt they actually believe they couldn't sell a decent number of Type-0 in the West, so unless localization costs are astronomical I can't make a good business case for not at least releasing it as a PSN-only title.

It's not just SE which has amazing blinders on when it comes to the West. Just look at how not in a hurry Sega is to make money and bring Phantasy Star Online 2 to the West. There's already nearly a full fan translation of the JP version of the game and Sega still hates money too much to officially localize and release it.

Yondy604

Banned
I can confirm this isn't true. I've logged in and out 5 times since early this morning. Had to wait but eventually got in every time.

Dude, the servers have been locked out for over 3 hours now, All it had was a small window.

This is not a rumor, this is fact. They locked down ultros.

Coldsun

Banned
Who's the bright person at SE that decided to just lock people out of the servers instead implementing a competent queue system.

Whats interesting is there is a queue system as yesterday I was put into a queue of around 80 or so people if I recall.

Not sure why there isn't a queue system today though. Perhaps there's a maximum number of people that can be on the waiting list?

Sandfox

Considering the clamor that FF fans in the West have made for Type-0, it's hard to imagine that Squenix doesn't believe it would sell. The dead state of PSP outside of Japan is a problem, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker sold disastrously in the West as well for the same reason. But I doubt they actually believe they couldn't sell a decent number of Type-0 in the West, so unless localization costs are astronomical I can't make a good business case for not at least releasing it as a PSN-only title.

They're probably afraid of piracy after Dissidia

Torquill

Who's the bright person at SE that decided to just lock people out of the servers instead implementing a competent queue system.

The Lockout and queue system are two different, but related, things at play.

First, they are slowly increase load allowances as part of the debugging process. This is okay in my book.

Second, a really shit queue system that forces (well not forces...) players to spam login, which only exacerbates the problem. This is not okay.

rockx4

Whats interesting is there is a queue system as yesterday I was put into a queue of around 80 or so people if I recall.

Not sure why there isn't a queue system today though. Perhaps there's a maximum number of people that can be on the waiting list?

Oh I've seen the queue system actually peek through a few times and act like it was letting me in, then I got disconnected. It's there sometimes but doing absolutely nothing. 99% of the time I see no queue though, I just get NA\EU group error.

Torquill

They probably decided that a straight PSP port wasn't gonna cut it due to poor PSP adoption rates here. What they are probably doing is keeping a lookout for an alternate platform to bring it out on over here, whether it's as a digital download, or whatever.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Ughh I remember merging my playonline account with the squeenix one etc... but now I cant recover it. WHYYYYYYYYY

Acerac

Banned

I've never seen the queue over 40 myself. I'd not be surprised if the limit was around 100. Unfortunately there seems to be more than 100 people trying to log on.

I'd love it if the game put me in a 20,000 person queue and told me I could be on in a couple hours. That'd be absolutely awesome compared to this. This is just a crapshoot.

*Reactivates my login spam macro*

Vashetti

Banned
Saw this on reddit:

s2cXFYZ.gif

Yondy604

Banned
Damn, so same as it was this morning...

No luck getting in?

it's impossible, and frustrating.

It's the same error, and nobody from SE is talking about this.

Twitter is silent, SE forums are silent. They are ignoring it.

They locked it so the instance servers did not screw up. I find it hilarious how they can launch this game like this, baring monster server upgrades

Laieon

I didn't have too much problems yesterday, but I haven't been able to log in at all today. That aside,

What order should I be leveling? First class to 30, 2nd to 15, then continue leveling? I'm not quite sure what my priorities should be...

rockx4

I've never seen the queue over 40 myself. I'd not be surprised if the limit was around 100. Unfortunately there seems to be more than 100 people trying to log on.

I'd love it if the game put me in a 20,000 person queue and told me I could be on in a couple hours. That'd be absolutely awesome compared to this. This is just a crapshoot.

Seriously I'd prefer to be in queue for 1-2 hours knowing I'll get in than clicking retry over and over. At least I'd be able to leave it in queue and do something else.

Yondy604

Banned
Is there a link to where Square officially stated they locked the server down?

No, they are ignoring it. But it's impossible to log on, the servers are full with zero Q. SE forums are all over this.

if you get anything other then the 1017 error, that means you have a "chance" to get in. Have not seen a different error in over 3 hrs.

Only during a very small time frame (3 min-ish), people were able to get in

It seems that the queue system only boots up when they're actually letting people log in.
When they close the log-in servers there's no queue system at all, you just can't get in.

Torquill

I've seen queues of slightly over 200.

rockx4

I didn't have too much problems yesterday, but I haven't been able to log in at all today. That aside,

What order should I be leveling? First class to 30, 2nd to 15, then continue leveling? I'm not quite sure what my priorities should be...

Yea 30 and then 15 to unlock your job sounds like a good plan. It wouldn't be bad to fiddle with other classes also just to feel them out. It would unlock a few abilities you could use on your main class anyway.

As for the server issues, IMO today was the worst of all EA days. At least broken instances meant I could do other stuff. Today I can't even log on when I want. And when I do get on I crash with random errors and get locked out.

Out of curiosity, how do you do that? I've never knew you could make macros to do stuff like that. How do you tell it where to click and stuff?

Acerac

Banned

Interesting. I wonder what the situation is in that case.
Seriously I'd prefer to be in queue for 1-2 hours knowing I'll get in than clicking retry over and over. At least I'd be able to leave it in queue and do something else.

My thoughts exactly.
Out of curiosity, how do you do that? I've never knew you could make macros to do stuff like that. How do you tell it where to click and stuff?

Keypad 0 spammed repeatedly once you get to the character select screen does everything you need to. Just get that going and it attempts to log repeatedly... until eventually they tell you the server list is down.

I was number 354 in a queue earlier.
There's definitely no queues up at the moment, I'm sure of it. I've spammed 0 enough times to have gotten into a queue in the past hour, if there was.

edit: shit, looks like I just missed one.
I think they're sporadically opening queues and then closing them seconds later.

Yondy604

Banned
The way it works is simple.

Step 1 - They open servers
Step 2 - You go into the login/patch servers
Step 3 - You are in Q to get into a game (Servers are OPEN)
Step 4 - They close the log in server (No more Q pops) (1017 error) Server is full.
Step 5 - Server is full Impossible to log in, they LOCKED people in and out.

They did this so the instance servers work, the moment they let in another 2000/3000/4000 people, the instance servers will break. This is why they tested the amount of people the other day, limiting people.

So you are basically screwed if you are NOT in right now, until SE lets in more people.

Coldsun

Banned
It seems that the queue system only boots up when they're actually letting people log in.
When they close the log-in servers there's no queue system at all, you just can't get in.

Ah, I suppose that would explain why yesterday I saw queues and today I didn't. Definitely disappointed. I wish Square had over developed on servers for this and scaled back as needed, not the other way around.

They probably decided that a straight PSP port wasn't gonna cut it due to poor PSP adoption rates here. What they are probably doing is keeping a lookout for an alternate platform to bring it out on over here, whether it's as a digital download, or whatever.

With the Vita as DOA as it is, I don't see it coming to that handheld.

Maybe we can hold out hope for a Type-0 HD release on PS3.

I'm dreaming.

Didn't GTA V just get hacked through PSN because the full game was able to be preloaded via pre-order?

Don't you need to be using an older PS3 model, stay on an old firmware, and never be able to access PSN to even use PS3 custom firmwares? Seems like everything is working as intended there.

rockx4

What makes matters much worse is that when you are playing, and everything works as intended, game is fun on a bun.

Yep love the game. I was able to log in 2 times today but got randomly booted off with error 90000 and something else after 30 mins or so.

Oh well. I'm gonna go back to Guild Wars 2 until this fiasco gets sorta out.

Disappointing as I was really really enjoying this game. Really fun.

But hey, I got to Lv 10 for early release. That's better than nothing.

somesang

Got to be 86th, then 80th in a queue on Ultros. Then the servers got full and I got kicked from the queue. Is that the chorus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom