• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaseru

Banned
Whoa so after a while I finally got to the end of character create. So....I can only refresh every 3 min, but no NA worlds are even accepting people. So if I don't wait it out I loose my character?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I just want to make matters worse for everyone and say that I've actually been playing, error-free, all day. No disconnects or anything.
Same here, loving it. Just about to fight Ifrit (started at lvl 1 last night). Thanks Square!

teiresias

"We have confirmed that the issues on the North American/European data center Worlds have resurfaced. Therefore, we have placed a severe login restriction in order to stabilize the servers."

May as well just be honest and post an update that reads:

"We have no idea what we're doing. Some interns coded this server software in BASIC and Fortran and they've gone back to class, if you have experience with these languages please send in resumes."

Thoraxes

"We have confirmed that the issues on the North American/European data center Worlds have resurfaced. Therefore, we have placed a severe login restriction in order to stabilize the servers."

c2m.gif

That gif is amazing.

JLeack

Banned
I just want to make matters worse for everyone and say that I've actually been playing, error-free, all day. No disconnects or anything.

Same here. Now I get to see what the game is really like, and it's amazing.

I can officially confirm I will never be going back to WoW ever again. Phew.

Acerac

Banned
Well, I was able to play for about 3 hours straight. Finished up quest to get on Airship and began Archanist in Limsa.

Then I logged off, OF MY OWN FREE WILL, no less.
nooooo Forester! Shoulda just left it idling til you wanted to play next! Who knows when you'll be able to get in again? :(

"We have no idea what we're doing. Some interns coded this server software in BASIC and Fortran and they've gone back to class, if you have experience with these languages please send in resumes."
That seems a rather optimistic appraisal of the situation. That would mean that Squeenix is trying to fix the problem instead of just hoping it goes away.

They should add another damn Data server, maybe their network code can't work with 2 data servers or something, but after all this time is clearly that when X people are in, server goes to shit. They added 2 servers in beta 4, why can't they add another data server and end this struggling?

Dude, the servers have been locked out for over 3 hours now, All it had was a small window.

This is not a rumor, this is fact. They locked down ultros.
Ok well I've been in and out all day. Fact! Not trying to antagonize anybody, just saying....if you spam it enough you'll get in.

Vodh

Because of these heavier restrictions on servers I keep on trying to hammer through that 1017, anyone getting 90k's when they get in now?

Azrael

I don't think it's unreasonable at this point that players who preordered ARR should get one additional month of free service after all these problems are sorted out.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't think it's unreasonable at this point that players who preordered ARR should get one additional month of free service after all these problems are sorted out.

If you buy a game early for early access and can't actually access it, that's an unfair transaction... this isn't beta anymore. I think we should all get a free week added to our accounts :p Love the game just want to play what I spent $80 on (CE, ofc) ;)

Subxero

Been getting World full pop up all day for Ultron. Was hoping to get on today and try to get with the Guild to make some progress. So I figured I would remake my characters and dog pile them on the JP server Titan. No problems with that. Just hope I can get back on Ultros after dinner.

What are they going to do Tuesday when the game is on store shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom