• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

somesang

They should make the inns a lobby server so we could tangibly be locked out of a world. Chat should be enabled. Can you read the desperation? Man, time for a drink. I got all night guys.

_woLf

I just got put in a queue, 88 players.

A minute later, I get error 1017.

BREAKING: Square-Enix is now making players queue up to be told off!

I'm done with this shit. -.-

crozier

I just want to make matters worse for everyone and say that I've actually been playing, error-free, all day. No disconnects or anything.
I haven't been able to play all day...not for two seconds. And I've spent at least an hour and a half spamming the login page.

Kyoufu

"As we previously announced, we are continuing to limit the number of logins following the emergency maintenance on Aug. 25, 2013 from 15:30 to 16:30. We are slowly lifting the login restriction to prepare for the upcoming user influx that we expect during peak hours. If you are currently unable to login, please try again at a later time."

Translation: If you're trying to play the game you preordered/bought, then please kindly fuck off because we didn't prepare to accommodate your ass.

Riposte

The new title is crap. For starters "S-E"? lol The original reference wasn't Pokemon.

I would go with something like this:

The 4 Warriors of Darkness: 1017, 10102, 90000, 3102

Haint

"Thanks for your money, now please, refrain from logging in so others can play." That's all I'm seeing here.

It would be a little more palatable if they dumped the servers every hour or two to give more people a fair shake at playing.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I'm having trouble sending messages out, so if any leaders of the Gaf FC could add me in, I'm Moreg Aewen on Ultros. Thank you!

The new title is crap. For starters "S-E"? lol The original reference wasn't Pokemon.

I would go something like this:

The 4 Warriors of Darkness: 1017, 10102, 90000, 3102

Ironic how phase 4 I didn't get any of those errors and then this weekend all of them showed up. Atleast I did most of my leveling in phase 4.

Hagi

At least you guys aren't getting 3102'd. (Again)

tumblr_lr1f6uNe971qhtjfto1_r2_500.gif

kyoakuma

Banned
you know, with all the issues, i was still able to get to lvl 17 arcanist, 13 lancer and 6 thm. Im not gonna complain until we see these issues on tuesday.

If they're going to keep throttling the log-ins like this then they really need to reset the servers every two hours or so.
As it stands, the throttle is keeping the same people in the game and the same people out, which really isn't fair on people that haven't been able to get on all day, where others have spent hours playing.
It should be early access for everybody, not just the lucky few.

kyoakuma

Banned
So, I have right to complain, since I bought the full game when it originally released, years ago. Right? Right?

not really. you got months of free play, you knew well in advance that this was more than likely going to happen.

the release date is tuedsay, ea is just a perk that came free

Jijidasu

I just want to briefly make this announcement:

I'm on Durandal server (JP) and I've seen a lot of really, really terrible things being said in shout by enraged American/European players. If you are amongst these people I suggest you stop it, immediately. Not only is it disgusting, it is hurtful. All of this over you server being down is absolutely unacceptable. If you are among the people who have partaken in such harassment you should be ashamed.

I have been in contact with SEJP Support in game, and out. They have a list of players and they have said action will be taken. I will not post names, etc. But I want this to be seen and taken note of.

I have also posted it to the http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1l2yhq/naen_players_on_jp_servers_dont_be_stupid/.

mneuro

not really. you got months of free play, you knew well in advance that this was more than likely going to happen.

the release date is tuedsay, ea is just a perk that came free

While I agree that the issue will be more severe when the launch is "official", I really hate this argument. Early access is not a "perk" that came "free". Early access was a feature that was offered by Square Enix in exchange for us pre-ordering the game. That is a business transaction.

Rafterman

Banned
What have they taken? A $5 preorder you could get back if you desired? Wait till Tuesday to complain

What are you talking about? I paid the full game amount already. They've sold us something that we haven't been able to log into for the past two days, excuse us if we're pissed. MMO Defense Force ftl!

Kandinsky

Translation: If you're trying to play the game you preordered/bought, then please kindly fuck off because we didn't prepare to accommodate your ass.
LOL!

Man I feel sorry for you guys, I really do. So glad my CC didnt went thru when trying to pay for an Early Access code the other day.

TheContact

What are you talking about? I paid the full game amount already. They've sold us something that we haven't been able to log into for the past two days, excuse us if we're pissed. MMO Defense Force ftl!

I paid the full amount, too. I'm with you trust me. Come Tuesday when I know the servers are gonna be a shitstorm I'm gonna complain, but until the game is officially released I'm treating this as a stress test.

I'm on Durandal server (JP) and I've seen a lot of really, really terrible things being said in shout by enraged American/European players. If you are amongst these people I suggest you stop it, immediately. Not only is it disgusting, it is hurtful. All of this over you server being down is absolutely unacceptable. If you are among the people who have partaken in such harassment you should be ashamed.

I have been in contact with SEJP Support in game, and out. They have a list of players and they have said action will be taken. I will not post names, etc. But I want this to be seen and taken note of.

I have also posted it to the http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1l2yhq/naen_players_on_jp_servers_dont_be_stupid/.

Wow, that's immature of them.

kyoakuma

Banned
While I agree that the issue will be more severe when the launch is "official", I really hate this argument. Early access is not a "perk" that came "free". Early access was a feature that was offered by Square Enix in exchange for us pre-ordering the game. That is a business transaction.

eh no, its a perk. if you paid $34.99 instead of $29.99 and the extra 5 was for EA, i would understand, but you paid no extra money. You paid $30 for a working game on launch day

Acerac

Banned
What have they taken? A $5 preorder you could get back if you desired? Wait till Tuesday to complain
I thought I purchased the full game from a website that would be very difficult to get a refund from. Thanks for straightening me out in this matter.
I paid the full amount, too. I'm with you trust me. Come Tuesday when I know the servers are gonna be a shitstorm I'm gonna complain, but until the game is officially released I'm treating this as a stress test.
Then what was beta Phase 4?

Vashetti

Banned
If they're going to keep throttling the log-ins like this then they really need to reset the servers every two hours or so.
As it stands, the throttle is keeping the same people in the game and the same people out, which really isn't fair on people that haven't been able to get on all day, where others have spent hours playing.
It should be early access for everybody, not just the lucky few.

Yup, I agree.

I wasn't annoyed earlier but I am now.

Give somebody else a chance to play.

Sandfox

It would be interesting if people got banned/suspended before launch.

Sblargh

Banned
Well, I got fishing to lvl 15 and found out that crafting is a matter of resources and not time; and since I have time, but not resources, will concetrate the best I can only on gathering.

Still, I wanted to get my ACN to lvl 30...

It wasn't a 100% wasted day; but if I was playing all the time I was fighting errors, I would be in a pretty sweet spot. Ready to start the week with my second class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom