• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I just want to briefly make this announcement:

I'm on Durandal server (JP) and I've seen a lot of really, really terrible things being said in shout by enraged American/European players. If you are amongst these people I suggest you stop it, immediately. Not only is it disgusting, it is hurtful. All of this over you server being down is absolutely unacceptable. If you are among the people who have partaken in such harassment you should be ashamed.

I have been in contact with SEJP Support in game, and out. They have a list of players and they have said action will be taken. I will not post names, etc. But I want this to be seen and taken note of.

I have also posted it to the http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1l2yhq/naen_players_on_jp_servers_dont_be_stupid/.
I haven't created a character on the Japanese servers, since I'm patient and am waiting for the North American servers to become playable once again [I'm not in that big of a rush to play the game]. Despite wanting to login and continue progress with my character, I can wait.

However, from what you said, that's just inexcusable. To lash out at Japanese players who are trying to enjoy the game themselves is sickening. I can understand people being angry, but that's definitely not the correct venue to direct your frustration.

If you want to create a character on a Japanese server to have fun/mess around with, that's fine. Please be mature about it, though.

I hope things improve for those playing on Japanese servers soon [community/chat-wise, it seems the stability of your servers isn't an issue over there].

Acerac

Banned
If they're going to keep throttling the log-ins like this then they really need to reset the servers every two hours or so.
As it stands, the throttle is keeping the same people in the game and the same people out, which really isn't fair on people that haven't been able to get on all day, where others have spent hours playing.
It should be early access for everybody, not just the lucky few.

It's been brought up before, but the real issue is that those who are in have no incentive to log out... ever. The fact that this game doesn't kick you for inactivity is the source of numerous problems.

Honestly if I get in I may leave my account to idle til I get out of work tomorrow...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It's been brought up before, but the real issue is that those who are in have no incentive to log out... ever. The fact that this game doesn't kick you for inactivity is the source of numerous problems.

Honestly if I get in I may leave my account to idle til I get out of work tomorrow...
Never log out!!!!! Not sure if I want to have my notebook's gfx running tho

eh no, its a perk. if you paid $34.99 instead of $29.99 and the extra 5 was for EA, i would understand, but you paid no extra money. You paid $30 for a working game on launch day

Doesn't take 20/20 vision to see this is only going to last through the week maybe longer. So yeah when not even everyone who has the this "perk" comes rushing through those gates it'll be a problem cause right now its a problem. Two days early when se doesn't have their shit together before launch its only going to get worse. So ea or launch its a clusterfuck.

So, how do people feel about lancer vs pug as far as playstyle goes.

I've leveled a pug to 20, I really enjoy the play style. Although I could see it getting over complicated if they add too many abilities, debuffs and buffs you need to maintain. Have only played lancer to about lvl 7. It seemed pretty straight forward. I think that class won't really open up till you upgrade to dragoon and get all their cool jumping abilities.

NIN90

I think I'm not really feeling my archer (up to lvl 11 now). Kinda wanna try a melee based class now. Maybe a pugilist or the class with the axes?

Uthred

eh no, its a perk. if you paid $34.99 instead of $29.99 and the extra 5 was for EA, i would understand, but you paid no extra money. You paid $30 for a working game on launch day

The idea that because something is free its above criticism is ridiculous

Wortany

Well, someone who has a character on Cerberus should be glad, I just opened a spot there.

It would truly suck if people are going to stay online when they're sleeping or working.
But as long as there is no idle kicking, that is exactly what's going to happen.
Which means that more maintenances will be coming every day.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

I'm on Durandal server (JP) and I've seen a lot of really, really terrible things being said in shout by enraged American/European players. If you are amongst these people I suggest you stop it, immediately. Not only is it disgusting, it is hurtful. All of this over you server being down is absolutely unacceptable. If you are among the people who have partaken in such harassment you should be ashamed.

I have been in contact with SEJP Support in game, and out. They have a list of players and they have said action will be taken. I will not post names, etc. But I want this to be seen and taken note of.

I have also posted it to the http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1l2yhq/naen_players_on_jp_servers_dont_be_stupid/.

Yeah, there's no reason to say anything. It would be nice if en-mass we could get NA/EU players on their servers to push them to the breaking point as well, and hopefully get Square to finally address fixing the issue, rather than just resetting it, and hoping it will go away.

Thoraxes

Yeah, there's no reason to say anything. It would be nice if en-mass we could get NA/EU players on their servers to push them to the breaking point as well, and hopefully get Square to finally address fixing the issue, rather than just resetting it, and hoping it will go away.

Oh for sure, but i'm pretty sure they're gonna have to wait till the work-week starts where the NA/EU servers are to get some upgrades going to increase that.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Enjoyed pugilist more than the lancer because of the activity involve. As far as damage is concern they are the same only lancer is easier to use.

I've leveled a pug to 20, I really enjoy the play style. Although I could see it getting over complicated if they add too many abilities, debuffs and buffs you need to maintain. Have only played lancer to about lvl 7. It seemed pretty straight forward. I think that class won't really open up till you upgrade to dragoon and get all their cool jumping abilities.
My lancer is 15 and it doesn't feel like I have a good rotation. On mobs that auto aggro or have high health I feel like I have to stun, get on the flank, get behind the target in a short window that requires a quick execution.

I don't like pugilists weapons, but the rotation felt better in P4.

akaoni

Banned
I played the entire day apart from the 1-2 hour maintainence. Fortunately timezones allow me to login before the surge of NA players. I think they're getting closer to the instance/dooty finger problem because of how they slowly limited concurrent users until it occured again or at least that's what I assume.

Rafterman

Banned

Obviously you don't get it.

Whether or not you paid extra money means nothing. It's an advertised feature that they used to get people to pre-order. I didn't pay any extra money for the tint on my windows or the upgraded wheels, but if they turned out to be defective I'd be pissed because part of the reason I bought the car from the place I bought it was because they added these feature in for free. Video games aren't cars, but the same principal applies. They sweetened the deal to get us to buy, and now what we bought, based on that sweetened deal, it's not working. It's not a perk, it's part of the package we bought.

Zand

Neo Member

What was being said that got you so riled up that you had to complain to SECS?

(If there were people saying all that stuff mentioned on reddit...wooo...there were some dumb people on Durandal)

Obviously you don't get it.

Whether or not you paid extra money means nothing. It's an advertised feature that they used to get people to pre-order. I didn't pay any extra money for the tint on my windows or the upgraded wheels, but if they turned out to be defective I'd be pissed because part of the reason I bought the car from the place I bought it was because they added these feature in for free. Video games aren't cars, but the same principal applies. They sweetened the deal to get us to buy, and now what we bought, based on that sweetened deal, it's not working. It's not a perk, it's part of the package we bought.

I'd be more worried about the likelihood that nothing is fixed by launch day, only exacerbated.

orion434

I plan to play my main character as an Archer, I should put all my bonus points into Dexterity? Is this a wise long-term investment? Does it matter?

akaoni

Banned
I plan to play my main character as an Archer, I should put all my bonus points into Dexterity? Is this a wise long-term investment? Does it matter?

Bonus points are separate for each class, so just put it into what the class most benefits from. Dexterity is physical ranged damage (I think), so yes.

raven777

I just woke up, is there still a problem with servers?

Also, i heard from somewhere that early access is extended. Is it true??

edotlee

"Login Limitation After Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 25): Follow-up 3

We have confirmed that the issues on the North American/European data center Worlds have resurfaced. Therefore, we have placed a severe login restriction in order to stabilize the servers.

While you may continue to have a difficult time logging into the game, please note that the issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone for an extended period, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation
to make this a stable environment."

*Rolls eyes* I think I've heard this before somewhere... get your act together SE.

They knew how many pre-orders they had, so they should've had an idea on how many people were going to be in early access. I don't know much about the technical side, but something tells me they should've been much more prepared than this.

I've been playing MMO's for over 15 years now. I've been there for the launches of several games and while this isn't THE worst, which I would personally give to Anarchy Online, this one is definitely among the top worst launches by far.

SE couldn't afford to blunder this game a second time and yet here we are staring it right in the face. They managed to fix what didn't work (the gameplay) but completely break what did work between 1.0 and this release. I find it hard to believe that here in the later part of the year two thousand and thirteen that not only is this sort of problem happening to this extent but that there is a full-on defense force for it.

It's not even a matter of paying for it, which I did, but that this situation is but a mere sample of things to come. If things are THIS BAD now, then Tuesday is gonna be one hell of a ride. They are about to sink this ship before it leaves port at this rate.

I'm seriously considering returning the collectors edition and advising my friends who were going to play with me to return their orders as well. It may just be three people between us but I highly doubt I/we are the only ones.

They have roughly 27 more hours to get things sorted out and under control and I just don't see it happening if they keep this pace.

Salaadin

Took a 2 hour nap and its still screwed up.
So much for that early access that I paid for. I work tomorrow and the 2 days that I can really sit down and play were riddled with maintenances, screwed up instances, and full worlds. Im trying to give them the benefit of a doubt here but its pretty ridiculous now.

Didn't have to pay for Early Access as I'm a Legacy 1.0 player, but it still sucks that they're likely gonna fix everything right as I have to go back to work and will have little time to play.

People asking about the insulting stuff that shouldn't be said:
I believe they're trolling with comments in regard to WWII, the tsunami, and other things you really, REALLY shouldn't be trolling with.
That's some real asshole behavior on those people's part.

blackflag

I've been playing MMO's for over 15 years now. I've been there for the launches of several games and while this isn't THE worst, which I would personally give to Anarchy Online, this one is definitely among the top worst launches by far.

SE couldn't afford to blunder this game a second time and yet here we are staring it right in the face. They managed to fix what didn't work (the gameplay) but completely break what did work between 1.0 and this release. I find it hard to believe that here in the later part of the year two thousand and thirteen that not only is this sort of problem happening to this extent but that there is a full-on defense force for it.

It's not even a matter of paying for it, which I did, but that this situation is but a mere sample of things to come. If things are THIS BAD now, then Tuesday is gonna be one hell of a ride. They are about to sink this ship before it leaves port at this rate.

I'm seriously considering returning the collectors edition and advising my friends who were going to play with me to return their orders as well. It may just be three people between us but I highly doubt I/we are the only ones.

They have roughly 27 more hours to get things sorted out and under control and I just don't see it happening if they keep this pace.

Yeah there's no way this is sorted by Tuesday. This is going to be one of the worst mmo launches.

BLCKATK

I really wonder what their plan of attack is for solving these problems. If the servers can't handle early access, how the hell are they going to handle release?

Nibiru

Banned
What are you talking about? I paid the full game amount already. They've sold us something that we haven't been able to log into for the past two days, excuse us if we're pissed. MMO Defense Force ftl!

I will never understand the mmo defense force. As customers we have every right to criticize poor service. It is a good thing and lights a fire under companies asses when they see that customers are upset and spreading the bad pr. If all they see are apologists and people giving them a pass they of course still try to fix the product BUT there is much less urgency and fear of bad word of mouth.

Remember the first iteration of FFXIV was green lit and released and you can be certain that if no one complained we would not be seeing this new version. The apologist might hate us now but they will thank us later.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I've been logged in for about 6 hours now, on Ultros. I'll just leave it on until I'm kicked. I'm level 16, almost 17, and I have no idea where to go for quests now. I just finished the airship quest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom