• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razma1

That feel when someone unplugs your internet trying to plug theirs back in and you get DC'd while in an instance and world is full.

Soroc

I've been logged in for about 6 hours now, on Ultros. I'll just leave it on until I'm kicked. I'm level 16, almost 17, and I have no idea where to go for quests now. I just finished the airship quest...

You won't get kicked out. If you are done log out so someone else can get in to play!

crozier

I'm thinking about re-rolling...mostly because I do not like the look/name of my character. If I were to choose a Legacy server but never played 1.0 will I be at a serious disadvantage?

Azrael

It's been brought up before, but the real issue is that those who are in have no incentive to log out... ever. The fact that this game doesn't kick you for inactivity is the source of numerous problems.

Honestly if I get in I may leave my account to idle til I get out of work tomorrow...

I'm sorry but that's a very selfish thing to do IMO. I always log out when I'm not playing and will continue to do so even if it inconveniences me later.

PerZona

IIRC early access doesn't end the day of launch.

But isn't the game launching on the 27th? Unless you're telling me that S-E can fix the server issues within just hours for the launch of the game. Which I really can't see it happening at the problems we have all encountered at this rate.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
lol. I just made an automated macro where I sit back and do nothing.

Only down side is it could mess me up if I get in a queue. Maybe I'll set the delay to a few seconds so I can spot a queue and stop it.

hamchan

I've been logged in for about 6 hours now, on Ultros. I'll just leave it on until I'm kicked. I'm level 16, almost 17, and I have no idea where to go for quests now. I just finished the airship quest...

Please log out so another person can enjoy the game.

Fox the Sly

I've been playing MMO's for over 15 years now. I've been there for the launches of several games and while this isn't THE worst, which I would personally give to Anarchy Online, this one is definitely among the top worst launches by far.

What happened with Anarchy Online that made it's launch the worst? I've seen a few people say it was the worst of all they experienced.

Took a 2 hour nap and its still screwed up.
So much for that early access that I paid for. I work tomorrow and the 2 days that I can really sit down and play were riddled with maintenances, screwed up instances, and full worlds. Im trying to give them the benefit of a doubt here but its pretty ridiculous now.

This.

Acerac

Banned
I'm sorry but that's a very selfish thing to do IMO.

Rude and selfish! Also, the best way to play the game.

I dislike it immensely when the best way to play a game is by being a selfish asshole. It's an incredible shame that Squeenix has determined that they will reward those players. That said, I'm sick of getting fucked over due to my lack of willingness to play dirty.

If it's any consolation, I'm sure I won't get in.

Zios

Banned
I want SE to thank me again for being patient and understanding for not being able to log in all day so that people who ARE playing/afk'ing all day have a great experience.

Azrael

Why? We've paid for the game, and the only way to assure continued service in the unlikely event you CAN log in, is to not log out. I already regret logging out a few hours ago.

Because if players logged out when they weren't playing for extended periods of time everyone would have a chance to play. Stay logged in if you're going to take a 15 minute break or something every few hours, but being AFK for hours when the server is full and other people can't play is wrong.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Because if players logged out when they weren't playing for extended periods of time everyone would have a chance to play. Stay logged in if you're going to take a 15 minute break or something every few hours, but being AFK for hours when the server is full and other people can't play is wrong.

No, a company being totally incompetent and not having enough servers to meet expected demand is wrong. People playing a game the only that company will let them is not wrong.

Acerac

Banned
Yes, but then the people wouldn't be able to play when they came back from their breaks.

It's nice to be charitable, but doing so is to one's own detriment.

Azrael

I just want to briefly make this announcement:

I'm on Durandal server (JP) and I've seen a lot of really, really terrible things being said in shout by enraged American/European players. If you are amongst these people I suggest you stop it, immediately. Not only is it disgusting, it is hurtful. All of this over you server being down is absolutely unacceptable. If you are among the people who have partaken in such harassment you should be ashamed.

I have been in contact with SEJP Support in game, and out. They have a list of players and they have said action will be taken. I will not post names, etc. But I want this to be seen and taken note of.

I have also posted it to the http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1l2yhq/naen_players_on_jp_servers_dont_be_stupid/.

I'm frustrated too but anyone taking their anger out on JP players enjoying the game should be banned.

Isaccard

I'm on Durandal server (JP) and I've seen a lot of really, really terrible things being said in shout by enraged American/European players. If you are amongst these people I suggest you stop it, immediately. Not only is it disgusting, it is hurtful. All of this over you server being down is absolutely unacceptable. If you are among the people who have partaken in such harassment you should be ashamed.

I have been in contact with SEJP Support in game, and out. They have a list of players and they have said action will be taken. I will not post names, etc. But I want this to be seen and taken note of.

I have also posted it to the http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1l2yhq/naen_players_on_jp_servers_dont_be_stupid/.

Here's hoping this is true and they'll take action against that bullshit.

This should be posted at the top of every page and every 10th post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom