• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

phierce

Can anyone who has registered their 12-digit PS3 code look under the Services List option on the console to see what it says under the FFXIV tab.

I got "Final Fantasy XIV Beta 4 Playing Entitlement (Provisional)" since I added a Beta 4 code. I'm thinking early access codes also add another service, which is how they will check if you're eligible to play this weekend.
Mine says...
-FFXIV ARR Early Access
along with beta

Zomba13

Why's it showing up in my list? Have SE made a mistake. (i'm not complaining but it's weird)

Did you also have the Onion Helm listed? I think I read somewhere that that is the flag for the CE items so if someone didn't want the helm and gave it to you then you'll get the CE items.

Baleoce

Also, SE need to stop this guff where they have 10 different sites that all do something slightly different, and just unify them all into one big service that's more coherent.

Khrno

I believe that is the case yeah. 1.0 CE people get automagically upgraded to first class seats in ARR. Whereas we (those who actually bought 2.0 CE) have to wait presumably for some reason, because SE love doing things backwards and it would have been too difficult for them to just send us a CE code, or something. Either way, I'm sure it'll just work itself out. There's enough of us in the same boat for it to not be a coincidence.

Hey, I bought ARR's CE too, I just happened to also have bought 1.0's CE.

I preordered the collectors edition of the game but none of the CE items are popping up for me. C'mon SE get your shit together...

dino1980

Im getting "Error2: There was a problem. Please try again later", is this because of the registration page is getting hammered?

Khrno

Wait, how'd you get the CE items to pop up?

1.0's CE

People seem to not understand that early access codes have nothing to do with the Collector's Edition.

When you receive your CE on the post (or email with the code if digital), then you'll be able to register your CE.

1.0's CE

People seem to not understand that early access codes have nothing to do with the Collector's Edition.

When you receive your CE on the post (or email with the code if digital), then you'll be able to register your CE.

Right.. that's why my wife's only says Beta Test (Windows) under permanent because I have yet to apply the 1.0 key.

vazel

Banned
Woot, I got my mog cap. I like Moogles.

What would've been better is if it were a Chocobo cap. I like Chocobos even more.

So i imagine i have a EU 20 digit code, or possibly a US one for my (incorrectly) EU version of the game... how do i confirm which i've got?

Edit: I bought on Amazon US but i entered my pre order code yesterday when the system was wonky.

Yondy604

Banned
HBva4Ge.jpg

This is the page I last saw, I never clicked the download link because I already had the client lol.

Don't tell me that the 20 digit key came on the download link.

Kule

Did you also have the Onion Helm listed? I think I read somewhere that that is the flag for the CE items so if someone didn't want the helm and gave it to you then you'll get the CE items.

I don't think I had it. I had 1.0 beta, retail 1.0 normal edition, garlond goggles, asuran armbands and arr beta, under that it listed the CE items and legacy whistle.
I'd take a screen shot if I could get back to the page.

UrSuLeTzU

Got my freaking early access code after half a day of the "please try again" crap, ugh. Just 3 more days.. My PRECIOUS, sooo close!!!!

Khrno

Right.. that's why my wife's only says Beta Test (Windows) under permanent because I have yet to apply the 1.0 key.

Exactly, if people never receive their games for whatever reason, or because they actually didn't buy the games and just stole the early access codes from Amazon or something, they won't be able to play from much longer.

SE already confirmed this, there's a time frame where you'll be able to play the game just with the EA code, but if you don't register the game then you won't be able to continue playing. No exact time was given, but my guess is either 1 or 2 weeks after the 27th.

Pejo

So I noticed that when i log in to my SE account on the pre-order site, it does not require my security token. Is this a different SE account than everything else i've been using for SE? I want to make sure i don't have to mess with linking my accounts later...

Baleoce

I don't understand why they couldn't have just sent out a separate key from the store you bought it from for 2.0 CE buyers, instead of packing it in the physical box.

Ricck

HBva4Ge.jpg

This is the page I last saw, I never clicked the download link because I already had the client lol.

Don't tell me that the 20 digit key came on the download link.

No it came before that page, you had to enter it to get where you are...no?

Here is something else odd. After registering I decided to look at my account info on that site, and has me listed as the wrong gender. When I try to update it, it says I have an :invalid username" for the nickname field that I didn't change.

Gotta catch a flight in 2 hours, I don't have time for this shit.

Goli

I purchased FFXIV via PSN and didn't have to go through this terrible process of waiting for the code to be emailed and such, yay!

Exactly, if people never receive their games for whatever reason, or because they actually didn't buy the games and just stole the early access codes from Amazon or something, they won't be able to play from much longer.

SE already confirmed this, there's a time frame where you'll be able to play the game just with the EA code, but if you don't register the game then you won't be able to continue playing. No exact time was given, but my guess is either 1 or 2 weeks after the 27th.

So I don't need to worry about the 1.0 code for right now? She'll be able to use the EA code and play Saturday?

Khrno

So I noticed that when i log in to my SE account on the pre-order site, it does not require my security token. Is this a different SE account than everything else i've been using for SE? I want to make sure i don't have to mess with linking my accounts later...

Yes, but both accounts are tied, it's just a shit system.

When you get the 20-digit code, you will get prompted to log in to the usual account site, the one that requires the one-time password.

Yondy604

Banned
No it came before that page, you had to enter it to get where you are...no?

Wait a second, I apparently can't count.

I did enter the 20 digit code, but it never gave me the CE stuff, just the mog cap and other thing. Should I be worried?

Noi

I applied my PS3 code on the account but didn't have a new client pop up on my download list, though "Early Access" shows up on my Services List. Does that mean we can use the same client from Phase 4 for Early Access?

Question about GC/FC: I know the difference, but when it comes to PVP, what determines the Company you're fighting for? I'm thinking you choose GC(Personal Choice) because its apart of your story line, but when your FC Leader chooses the Company for your FC, that's the Company you fight for when it comes to PVP.

Do I have this right? Can someone explain this better? Thanks!

Also some good info here about Jobs.

Pejo

Yes, but both accounts are tied, it's just a shit system.

When you get the 20-digit code, you will get prompted to log in to the usual account site, the one that requires the one-time password.

Cheers, thanks for the info! Man it's something to see that SE still hasn't made things easier for paying customers than the old playonline days. Different, for sure, but no easier.

Ricck

I did enter the 20 digit code, but it never gave me the CE stuff, just the mog cap and other thing. Should I be worried?

I think we are receiving them later...I did not receive mine also, like a lot of people.

Baleoce

Nope. Everyone's in the same boat. Only people who get the CE content straight away are the people who bought the 1.0 CE. We get a code apparently when our box turns up, or if you're a digital buyer, presumably an email.

Khrno

Cheers, thanks for the info! Man it's something to see that SE still hasn't made things easier for paying customers than the old playonline days. Different, for sure, but no easier.

This week, or next week, the Mog Station site should go live, which supposedly is going to replace all these horrible SE account management sites, we shall see.

Yondy604

Banned
You guys gotta admit, it's kind of scary that they will send out the "main games" CD key the day before launch, if they have ANY problems, people might not be able to play on day 1

You guys gotta admit, it's kind of scary that they will send out the "main games" CD key the day before launch, if they have ANY problems, people might not be able to play on day 1

Well, I wonder if there is any grace period planned. I mean, people that ordered FROM SQUARE have to rely on Digital River to get their games, which is no small feat.

Ah, cool. I hadn't seen that confirmation. Good to know.

rockx4

Nothing could possibly go wrong, this is SE we're talking about.

PS: PSN still says my code is invalid lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Really? That's what they're doing? I though the 18 digit key was the main game's key. :/
If you click Register a game on http://na.square-enix.com/us/account/ it says:
In order to register a game, please insert here the code you can find in either the game manual or the SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS leaflet found in your game box.
Choose code type:
XXXXXX - 000 - XXXXXX - 000 (6 letters + 3 digits + 6 letters + 3 digits)
XXXXXXXX - 0000 (8 letters + 4 digits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom