• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Now, I bought the digital CE from GMG, but didn't have those things appear. Double Hrm.

The pre-order code isn't tied to the CE edition, you will get another code in the game box which is for the CE activation and content.

Khrno is a 1.0 CE players so all that stuff is already registered to his account.

For people who are legacy does it not say early access because it's embedded in legacy? It didn't say anything about early access for me.

Also when registering a ps3 12 digit code how does it hook it to your square Enix id if it's through psn

Because your PSN is(should be) linked to your SE account. Just look in your service list in PSN(FFXIV) and everything should be there.

Jeels

So amazon gave me two early access codes, is that right? Can I freely give the extra away? Not sure why I got two. Different codes but for the same order number.

Lyonaz

I switched to Firefox from Chrome to redeem my 18 digit code and it worked for me, instead of the endless error 3.

My Body is Ready!

What are some good headsets? Time to get rid of this 10$ headset and get some quality, looking for great sounds, mic quality can be decent.

Omnicent

man just watched Mr Happies video... I like what I'm hearing about BRD (kind of sad i wasted time leveling CNJ though, but getting both PGL and LNC skills... Aww Yeah! ).
Time to change my leveling plans for this weekend

Khrno

Do what Shop.To did with me, and make it so there's a pre-order section on the website. You go to it after you place your order, and then in your accounts page there's a section with your hidden key, stating:

"Commit to purchase to reveal the key".

If a site like that can do it, I'm sure amazon can (or rather, should). It's just poor website infrastructure is all.

Yeah man, I also got my CE from ShopTo, hoping they send it tomorrow, would love to get it on monday (since they usually ship the games to arrive 1 or 2 days before release date).

But that's a thing to take to those other online retailers.

Lovely!

And one more question.
If I cancel my ARR preorder can I still use this early access code I've used to download PS3 client?
I'm considering cancelling my standard edition for the collector's edition!

I don't know, there might be different codes for PS3 and PC, so no idea if they'll work for the other platforms.

For White Mage and Scholar, what do you think would be ideal to increase via your point allotments? All MND? Mostly MND with a little Piety? Half MND, half Piety? I'm leaning toward all MND for the biggest heals, but I just dunno.

Noi

I applied my PS3 code on the account but didn't have a new client pop up on my download list, though "Early Access" shows up on my Services List. Does that mean we can use the same client from Phase 4 for Early Access?

Anyone? Would like to know if I can keep the client around and not have to download a new one.

Yondy604

Banned
GMG support. This confirms a few things.

Hi there,

Thank you for your ticket. Keys for this title will be sent out automatically on or before the game's release date.

Hope this helps,

Antonio

Green Man Gaming & Playfire
Customer Service

The question was when do you get the CE/FFXIV Game key.

Jinko

For White Mage and Scholar, what do you think would be ideal to increase via your point allotments? All MND? Mostly MND with a little Piety? Half MND, half Piety? I'm leaning toward all MND for the biggest heals, but I just dunno.

All mind, from what I have experienced there is no issues with MP when you use Shroud of Saints and Aetherdam frequently.

Khrno

I would say go for MND, higher haling potency sounds better than extra 300 MP or so.

How much MP are 30 PIE btw?

Xavien

Finally got the code working. Interesting that the PC EA code works even if your pre-ordered the PS3 version. Doesn't that go against what SE told us a few months back?

WolvenOne

ARR (PC) is no.1 bestseller in UK Amazon and no.1, no.2 and no.3 bestseller on US Amazon :)

Niiiice.

I really hope this game is a financial success for Square. Both because Yoshida deserves some success for his work, and because it just might get Square out of, "ZOMG NEEDZ MONEY, DO ANYTHING!" mode.

Something I just thought about... If you are a level 30+ Scholar and queue for a level 15 dungeon, will it let you queue as a healer? You'd think so, but.. you would just have the base Arcanist skillset - only the level 4 healing spell (the cure clone) and whatever abilities you pick up from Conjurer (Protect/Stoneskin). Would you even have your Fairy available?

But this raises the question, if they let Scholars level sync down and do lvl15 dungeons with none of their Scholar abilities, why won't they just let Arcanists have the option to heal in low level dungeons via the Duty Finder anyways?

All mind, from what I have experienced there is no issues with MP when you use Shroud of Saints and Aetherdam frequently.

I would say go for MND, higher haling potency sounds better than extra 300 MP or so.

How much MP are 30 PIE btw?

That's what I suspected.

I'm not sure how much 1 PIE gives you, maybe 8MP? So you'd get an extra 240 MP? Something like that? Doesn't seem worth it.

ebil

Is whm 30 cnj and 15 gladiator?? or something else??
Probably not. WHM uses THM and ACN actions now, so levelling one or the other to 15 might be required. Nobody knows the requirements for sure yet, though, as Job quests haven't been available at all during Beta.

Something I just thought about... If you are a level 30+ Scholar and queue for a level 15 dungeon, will it let you queue as a healer? You'd think so, but.. you would just have the base Arcanist skillset - only the level 4 healing spell (the cure clone) and whatever abilities you pick up from Conjurer (Protect/Stoneskin). Would you even have your Fairy available?

But this raises the question, if they let Scholars level sync down and do lvl15 dungeons with none of their Scholar abilities, why won't they just let Arcanists have the option to heal in low level dungeons via the Duty Finder anyways?
You're right, that's a serious limitation in the system as it is right now. To my understanding, Faeries are summoned using Summon and Summon II. Maybe having Physick + Faeries and Conjurer additional spells will be enough to main heal during low level dungeon runs?

Edit: now I think about it... That's probably why they gave Physick to ACN in the first place. Getting this spell was surprising as it never showed up in the DATs before phase 4.

Torquill

Finally got the code working. Interesting that the PC EA code works even if your pre-ordered the PS3 version. Doesn't that go against what SE told us a few months back?

Not really. I don't think the codes handed out by retailers were platform specific. The keys that come with the games (that will actually let you play past early access) are game specific (if for no other reason than Sony licensing details).

Xavien

Probably will allow scholars to queue as healers and lvl 15 dungeons can be healed with physic anyways.

Not really. I don't think the codes handed out by retailers were platform specific. The keys that come with the games (that will actually let you play past early access) are game specific (if for no other reason than Sony licensing details).

Righto, guess i got confused between pre-order items and CE items :)

SleazyC

Exactly, if people never receive their games for whatever reason, or because they actually didn't buy the games and just stole the early access codes from Amazon or something, they won't be able to play from much longer.

SE already confirmed this, there's a time frame where you'll be able to play the game just with the EA code, but if you don't register the game then you won't be able to continue playing. No exact time was given, but my guess is either 1 or 2 weeks after the 27th.
This is excellent. I am not sure when I am getting my copy in the mail and was worried that I wouldn't be able to play come launch time.

Bards are a lot less utility now and more damage, with that and their bows looking boss I think I found my first main.

Feel bad for the people who love support, where to buy red mage I guess.

Well, for WHM... I plan to go Mostly MND, add a little/lot to PIE and a little to VIT. For ACN, I'm going INT, PIE and VIT being that SCH can use Cleric Stance, I don't mind the gimped heals(anymore) because SCH is not meant to be the Big Healer like WHM.

Probably will allow scholars to queue as healers and lvl 15 dungeons can be healed with physic anyways.

Yeah. I just don't see why they didn't let low level Arcanists have the option to heal in dungeons via the duty finder. There really needed to be another healer besides Conjurer 1-30, imo. I mean, nothing stops you from just making your own party and healing as Arcanist, I suppose.

Yondy604

Banned
BDEMuGL.png

So After registering the 18 digit key (6-3-6-3) and then the 20 digit key (4 4 4 4 4), and after it confirmed I am getting the mog items, and it said my registry is a "success".

I went to my SE page, and for some reason it says nowhere "early access".

Both on services, and select services, and service history.

What's going on here?

Jinko

Probably not. WHM uses THM and ACN actions now, so levelling one or the other to 15 might be required. Nobody knows the requirements for sure yet, though, as Job quests haven't been available at all during Beta.

Wait, I was under the impression that jobs only get access to one other class skills now.

When I check to cross class skills on WHM only THM was available. (ACN was at 20 FWIW)

Also when doing the same for BRD only PGL was available.

Edit: now I think about it... That's probably why they gave Physick to ACN in the first place. Getting this spell was surprising as it never showed up in the DATs before phase 4.

Yea I would say thats correct, even at lvl 15 SCH will have the fairy to summon and from what they said fairy would have heal over time spells. (Physick will be comparable to cure no doubt and SCH should have no issues healing in dungeons before getting Succor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom