• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

I don't understand why they couldn't have just sent out a separate key from the store you bought it from for 2.0 CE buyers, instead of packing it in the physical box.

Because you could do things the simple way of one code for one site and you're good to go, or the Square way of one 18 digit code that you use to then get a 20 digit code that when entered gives you access to the game, but not apparently ownership of said game until another code gets sent out some indeterminate time later. Oh, and instead of one site, this all has to be divided up between like 6, ya know, because REASONS.

:p

Khrno

Really? That's what they're doing? I though the 18 digit key was the main game's key. :/
If you click Register a game on http://na.square-enix.com/us/account/ it says:

But that's not where you register your game lol

Man, this is just a huge mess by SE. They have a special account management site for FFXI and FFXIV, that's where you register the game. The site you are linking is where you usually register SE games to get some gifts or whatever, but has nothing to do with the FFXIV account management stuff, a mess I tell you lol

Hopefully the Mog Station will streamline all this shit.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Yes, but both accounts are tied, it's just a shit system.

When you get the 20-digit code, you will get prompted to log in to the usual account site, the one that requires the one-time password.

How do I get this 20 digit code. I haven't played the game since 2011 and I'm not even sure if I am legacy. This is what I see in my account.

I4GScOr.jpg

Yondy604

Banned

Man, this is just a huge mess by SE. They have a special account management site for FFXI and FFXIV, that's where you register the game. The site you are linking is where you usually register SE games to get some gifts or whatever, but has nothing to do with the FFXIV account management stuff, a mess I tell you lol

Honestly SE has had these issues all the way back to FFXI with playonline.

Honestly, I can't belive something could be worse designed then playonline, but they might have.

ALL they should have done is combine the keys into one giant Key.

Animekatt

Yeah, they really need some type of visual walkthrough/explanation of what the different codes mean, and how the various different sites play into people getting everything in order and ready for the big day.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

It's not where you enter the 18 digit code to get the 20 digit code, but when you go through the 20 digit redemption process it adds the game there rather than you manually clicking register and adding it.

Edit: Oh, gift registration codes.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Honestly SE has had these issues all the way back to FFXI with playonline.

Honestly, I can't belive something could be worse designed then playonline, but they might have.

At least PO had delightful music.

jae

How do I get this 20 digit code. I haven't played the game since 2011 and I'm not even sure if I am legacy. This is what I see in my account.

I4GScOr.jpg

I'm Legacy, have participated in all the PC beta tests, and was able to redeem my PS3 pre-order code & input the 12 digit code into the PS Store to download, but my account looks the same way (Just with the Legacy icon). Is that the right spot to be looking?

hank_tree

Thanks phierce. Guess I won't be able to try out the PS3 version this weekend since the preorder page spat out a PC code instead of a PS3 one.

Just preorder the game from amazon, get a new code and cancel the preorder. I had the same problem so just did that a couple of minutes ago.

Khrno

I4GScOr.jpg

This is a great screenshot, thanks.

This is where the game will be registered upon receiving the physical game (or maybe email from digital purchases)

Well, that page, or the new Mog Station.

As for your question, you aren't Legacy, but you are getting the game for free, if you have downloaded the beta you are good to go. However, if you didn't get an early access code from pre-ordering it, you can't play until the 27th.

Baleoce

Yeah, that's where I have XIII and XIII-2 registered. And they all have the same code format. So I think it's just a social/perks thing. It is pretty convoluted though for sure.

supergiz

ok just got a question. so i ordered collectors edition from amazon. when i went to enter the 20 digit code i just got I was presented with this

ztL3723l.jpg

Does this mean I am good to go for Collectors Edition or am I gonna have to make a call to Amazon?

Yondy604

Banned
Okay let me try to say this out loud and somebody to say you are right.

Step 1 - You get a Code (6-3-6-3) From where you bought the game. (THIS IS THE EARLY ACCESS- Code).
Step 2 - You put in this code which gives you a SECOND code (20 digit code)(This is the Pre-order main early access code).
Step 3 - You type in this code on SE site which Unlocks the Early access + mog cap + other thing.
Step 4 - IF YOU HAD 1.0 CE IT WILL SHOW ALL THE CE ITEMS ON THAT SAME PAGE
Step 5 - After awhile (before launch) SE will send Another Email with ANOTHER CODE to add the CE edition stuff (for 2.0 players). (12 digit code?) (Physical edition has a code for the CE stuff)(Digital by email?)

How is this? right?

Baleoce

ok just got a question. so i ordered collectors edition from amazon. when i went to enter the 20 digit code i just got I was presented with thisDoes this mean I am good to go for Collectors Edition or am I gonna have to make a call to Amazon?

Don't worry, just read up the last page or so and it'll become clear.

Baleoce

Step 1 - You get a Code (6-3-6-3) From where you bought the game. (THIS IS THE EARLY ACCESS- Code).
Step 2 - You put in this code which gives you a SECOND code (20 digit code)(This is the Pre-order main early access code).
Step 3 - You type in this code on SE site which Unlocks the Early access + mog cap + other thing.
Step 5 - After awhile (before launch) SE will send Another Email with ANOTHER CODE to add the CE edition stuff (for 2.0 players). (12 digit code?)

How is this? right?

Yup that sounds right. Also Step 5 presumably has the code come in the post with the physical 2.0 CE.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
This is a great screenshot, thanks.

This is where the game will be registered upon receiving the physical game (or maybe email from digital purchases)

Well, that page, or the new Mog Station.

As for your question, you aren't Legacy, but you are getting the game for free, if you have downloaded the beta you are good to go. However, if you didn't get an early access code from pre-ordering it, you can't play until the 27th.

Okay, cool. Square's websites have been confusing me since 2004. Thanks for the answer :)

So, this is a long shot, but I bought the 1.0 CE and have codes for an Onion Helm and Garlond Goggles which I never bothered to register. Any way I can use these old codes and get the items in ARR? The link on the pamphlet redirects to the main XIV site.

Khrno

Is that the right spot to be looking?

What I think is that this site won't get updated with anything we do at the moment, and come the weekend or monday, we'll get the new Mog Station site to replace this mess of an account system.

Btw, mine has nothing about ARR besides the beta.

There is a problem with this, people steal early access codes from Amazon or other places by placing a pre-order and then cancelling it. Most of these sites have a policy of not charging the costumers until they have dispatched the games, and they won't break that rule just for one game.

So SE gives these early access codes, and worst case, people will get to play for free without purchasing the game for 10-15 days.

If every site charged you immediately you placed your pre-order, then it wouldn't be necessary to have those other codes. I just think it's unfair to blame SE for something done by retailers that is actually very consumer friendly.

Blame SE for having a shitty online infrastructure, but not for complying with retailers and consumers rights.

Salaadin

It is kinda goofy that theres no way for us to check if we have our CE or not and if everything is showing up ok.
I wish I screencapped it because now Im crazy paranoid.

How is this? right?
Could somebody who has successfully done the stuff perhaps put together a step by step list of instructions for the PS3 early access code? I haven't done anything after receiving my code from amazon for fear of encountering errors or applying it to the wrong account.

Khrno

So, this is a long shot, but I bought the 1.0 CE and have codes for an Onion Helm and Garlond Goggles which I never bothered to register. Any way I can use these old codes and get the items in ARR? The link on the pamphlet redirects to the main XIV site.

Yes, you can still register them, but you might have to wait until the 27th, or monday to do it on the new site.

kirby2096

No problem...and sorry about your code. That sucks. Maybe (slim chance, I know) try contacting CS?
I've already used the PC code so the pre-order items are mine at least. It's only that I've just finished downloading the PS3 client for no reason.

Did you play in phase 4 on the PS3? If so, you will be good to go, regardless if it's the PC version.

I don't have Early Access under my Services List so I won't be able to play it on PS3 until the Retail code arrives.

I'll be mostly playing on the PC anyway, so it's no biggy.

Torquill

Here is a question...

The preorder sites requires login, apparently. If they know my 18digit code is good, and they know who I'm logged in as...

...THEN JUST FLAG ME! Why the extra level of indirection? I mean, it didn't make any sense to begin with, but I just assumed the 18->20 site wouldn't require login. Knowing now that it does this makes even LESS sense.

Baleoce

There is a problem with this, people steal early access codes from Amazon or other places by placing a pre-order and then cancelling it. Most of these sites have a policy of not charging the costumers until they have dispatched the games, and they won't break that rule just for one game.

Do what Shop.To did with me, and make it so there's a pre-order section on the website. You go to it after you place your order, and then in your accounts page there's a section with your hidden key, stating:

"Commit to purchase to reveal the key".

If a site like that can do it, I'm sure amazon can (or rather, should). It's just poor website infrastructure is all.

Salaadin

Step 5 - After awhile (before launch) SE will send Another Email with ANOTHER CODE to add the CE edition stuff (for 2.0 players). (12 digit code?) (Physical edition has a code for the CE stuff)(Digital by email?)

How is this? right?

For Step 4, you say that it shows ALL the CE items there. Do you mean all the old CE items...or the new ones.
Because I own the CE and the new ones werent listed there.

Yes, you can still register them, but you might have to wait until the 27th, or monday to do it on the new site.

Lovely!

And one more question.
If I cancel my ARR preorder can I still use this early access code I've used to download PS3 client?
I'm considering cancelling my standard edition for the collector's edition!

Paprikka

Had error 3 for a while, but it just finally went through and registered, now I'm all good to go. If you can't wait for the traffic on the site to ease off. it should go through eventually.

jiggle

Here is a question...

The preorder sites requires login, apparently. If they know my 18digit code is good, and they know who I'm logged in as...

...THEN JUST FLAG ME! Why the extra level of indirection? I mean, it didn't make any sense to begin with, but I just assumed the 18->20 site wouldn't require login. Knowing now that it does this makes even LESS sense.

here is a answer
it's Square Enix

How is this? right?
missing a step for PS3 somewhere

Yondy604

Banned
Okay I am confused once again.

is there a way to check that I am registered for early access. Under services, It does not say anywhere that I even registered the Early access code, all It says is ffxiv 1 ffxiv 2, etc

How is this? right?

j7syzBl.jpg

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I have a 1.0 code that i didn't even bother to register after the backlash, will that suffice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom