• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zios

Banned
Was able to get 40 mins in before before a "lost connection to server" error while zoning. Your welcome to ever got my slot on Ultros :)

Anyone know what to do to continue the story after going the 3 nations quest? Trying to get to the GC Chocobo point, since it seems that is needed before you can use Legacy chocobo and other mounts. Not seeing anything in quest recommendations though.

In whichever nation you went to last, the guy you talked to to finish it has another quest for you.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I've been away for a day and a half. Are things still fucked up to the point where I should not bother playing? I'm on Ultros.

falastini

Anyone know what to do to continue the story after going the 3 nations quest? Trying to get to the GC Chocobo point, since it seems that is needed before you can use Legacy chocobo and other mounts. Not seeing anything in quest recommendations though.

After I officially joined a free company, a NPC offered me a quest to "save" up GC points and buy a chocobo. The quest reward was a whistle I think. I didn't get to see how that plays out because I got booted from the game and haven't been on since...so I don't know what happens next.

Edit.. got beat by 15 ppl.. that's what I get for posting from my phone

Ultros is full, anyone know how long the wait is?

I'm trying to figure out what was worse at this point, WoW's launch or this so far. Guess it'll depend how long it goes on. WoW had massive loot lag, but I'm pretty sure the game stayed on. This is just, yikes

This is Hyperbole I hope. The first two expansions in WoW were so much worse than this has been, and those problems persisted for a week almost.

This will be absolutely unacceptable once the 27th rolls around. At that point you have paying consumers not getting the service they are paying for. Some big sites are live-streaming tomorrow too. They don't have much time...

Also can someone invite me into the GAF linkshell/guild/free company whatever it's called?

Name: Aldin Shadowedge
Server: Ultros

DrTeflon

Gave up on creating a character on ultros and joined a random eu server (odin) got an archer there. As soon as ultros is up I'll create a Lancer and play with fellow gaffers

Aeana

This will be absolutely unacceptable once the 27th rolls around. At that point you have paying consumers not getting the service they are paying for. Some big sites are live-streaming tomorrow too. They don't have much time...

Also can someone invite me into the GAF linkshell/guild/free company whatever it's called?

Name: Aldin Shadowedge
Server: Ultros
Well, they will have paid for the game, although nobody will actually be paying for the service (or rather, they won't have to) until two weeks in at the earliest. New people get 30 days free, 1.0 owners get 2 weeks free.

Chucker

This is Hyperbole I hope. The first two expansions in WoW were so much worse than this has been, and those problems persisted for a week almost.

I could log on and play for those. I can't even get past the character screen here.

jspeerbr

Neo Member
After all the hype....

Finally got the 90K error today! Can I get the club members jacket now?

For some reason I was starting to believe that it was only on PC where it happened.

Meia

I could log on and play for those. I can't even get past the character screen here.

This. I could log on when WoW first launched as well. Of course, I was zooming around the maps crouched in a looting position. Can't forget going to thousand needles race track, and actually having a race with other players all stuck like that before the server poofed. :p

TBC was bad, but yeah, you could at least log in, like Vanilla(vanilla did have a few times where the game would go down, once for 48 hours if memory serves, but that wasn't til a few weeks in).

I'm not exactly.....enthused by this. It's good they have this many players though I guess, just bad that this is considered to be a "pre-order" bonus. I don't find fighting a game system to play "fun" though.

Sandfox

From What I've read some of WoW's problems were there for longer than a month.

Zand

Neo Member

You have a high level of tolerance, or you're looking at FFXIV threw some rose-tinted glasses to say that WoW's release (even the xpacs) were "so much worse than this". There is really no need to compare....bad launch is bad. Admit it.

This. I could log on when WoW first launched as well. Of course, I was zooming around the maps crouched in a looting position. Can't forget going to thousand needles race track, and actually having a race with other players all stuck like that before the server poofed. :p

TBC was bad, but yeah, you could at least log in, like Vanilla(vanilla did have a few times where the game would go down, once for 48 hours if memory serves, but that wasn't til a few weeks in).

I'm not exactly.....enthused by this. It's good they have this many players though I guess, just bad that this is considered to be a "pre-order" bonus. I don't find fighting a game system to play "fun" though.

Pretty much every major patch in Vanilla and BC had the servers going down for 48+ hours. TBC varied by server, with the original 13 being down for almost 3 days. Rose coloured glasses in this thread.

Opening week for MMO's are always like this, why do you people act surprised.

You have a high level of tolerance, or you're looking at FFXIV threw some rose-tinted glasses to say that WoW's release (even the xpacs) were "so much worse than this". There is really no need to compare....bad launch is bad. Admit it.

My high tolerance was forged because of WoW. Does it suck that servers are down? Hell yes. Is this expected? You bet.

Velkyn

Hoping that this rocky start doesn't have any impact to the game in the future, it really is a blast to play.

If it does, I guess I can always roll on a JP server...

Zand

Neo Member
Pretty much every major patch in Vanilla and BC had the servers going down for 48+ hours. TBC varied by server, with the original 13 being down for almost 3 days. Rose coloured glasses in this thread.

Opening week for MMO's are always like this, why do you people act surprised.

My high tolerance was forged because of WoW. Does it suck that servers are down? Hell yes. Is this expected? You bet.

Expected? I doubt you, or anyone, expected this level of server / game instability, given that this is the RE-launch of FFXIV, something one would expect SE to not want to mess up (like they are doing ever so gloriously).

Give me a queue at least dammit =/

If they had a better queuing system, I think people would be complaining a little less. I wouldn't care if I had to sit in a 1000+ person queue as long as I could hit the button and go watch tv and wait. What we have to do now is spam the login buttons (which can't be good for the servers). I don't understand why they have such a low limit on queues in general. *shrug*

Velkyn

Expected? I doubt you, or anyone, expected this level of server / game instability, given that this is the RE-launch of FFXIV, something one would expect SE to not want to mess up (like they are doing ever so gloriously).

To be fair, the FFXIV 1.0 mess-up was several orders of magnitude worse than this. During 1.0, the game was playable, but it was hot garbage.

Sandfox

I'm not trying to defend the game or anything but I honestly got more playing time than I expected this weekend. Launch is going to be a whole other beast though and its probably going to horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom