• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famassu

Expected? I doubt you, or anyone, expected this level of server / game instability, given that this is the RE-launch of FFXIV, something one would expect SE to not want to mess up (like they are doing ever so gloriously).
They've revamped everything, so I'm not really sure if it does them any good even if they did FFXIV 1.0 before. This is basically an all new MMO, not just some big update on some old one, and well, server problems are always there with the launch of new MMOs. Having server problems early on is hardly cause for some "they are messing up EVERYTHING!!!!!!1!1!!!!11!1" hysteria

StMeph

I just realized that basically all of my character progression is from Phase 4, and I have barely got anywhere during this HS period.

gg

Zafir

I still don't really get job choices. The guide I read said for Dragoon I needed 30 lancer and 15 pugilist. However some other guides say 15 Marauder instead... Did I waste my time getting pugilist to 15? >.<

Vashetti

Banned
Gonna sleep, hope to wake up and find all the issues have been fixed!

c2m.gif

mackaveli

I still don't really get job choices. The guide I read said for Dragoon I needed 30 lancer and 15 pugilist. However some other guides say 15 Marauder instead... Did I waste my time getting pugilist to 15? >.<

Yes unfortunately. It changed from 1.0

Hey guys, my friend has a FF14 and paid at least 3 months for it, but the question is, how do I get started with the account?

How to get legacy membership?

Edit: The error I get for loggin into their website is: "You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account."

And at my FF14 Service account, I get this: "Code registration currently unavailable."

Help!

BooJoh

Can you rename your Chocobo or are you stuck with the name you give it? I'm stuck just standing here in front of the Chocobo ready to pick it up D:

LeviGratton

Neo Member
So Yoshi-P says the problem can't be fixed while so many people are playing at once.

People say make more servers.

If they make more servers then when the inevitable 3 month population decline occurs we get ghost servers and wasted resources.

See: SW:ToR launch.

If they shut down the servers long enough to do any serious upgrades, people will freak out about their loss of early access.

What do you do to win here?

gribbles

Banned
Can someone please explain to me whats wrong with the following macro?

/action "Heavy Swing"
/action "Skull Sunder"

When i use this macro, skull sunder doesn't activate, only heavy swing. Help me MacroGAF!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

Aeana

So Yoshi-P says the problem can't be fixed while so many people are playing at once.

If they make more servers then when the inevitable 3 month population decline occurs we get ghost servers and wasted resources.

If they shut down the servers long enough to do any serious upgrades, people will freak out about their loss of early access.

The solution is definitely to shut it down and get it fixed. Letting it go with errors is helping nobody.

Riposte

Can someone please explain to me whats wrong with the following macro?

/action "Heavy Swing"
/action "Skull Sunder"

When i use this macro, skull sunder doesn't activate, only heavy swing. Help me MacroGAF!

Both actions are tied to the global cooldown. Put a /wait # macro in between.

chrono01

They'll regret it when they see how awesome the game is.

If they managed to even log in, that is.
I have full confidence in that!

I haven't played a whole lot of it this weekend [thanks to the server/login issues], but the small amount I did is enough for me to say that the game will be incredible. It has everything I could possibly want in an MMO, and it helps that it contains Final Fantasy lore [since I love the series].

Will I be playing it a year from now? Hard to say, but if they're consistent with releasing new content/expansion packs, there's an extremely good chance that I will be.

I have a strong feeling that this will be my new addiction...

akaoni

Banned

Link?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I can't believe I just claimed the name "Panzer Percival" on my server :D
I'm surprised 'David Bowie' was still available on mine. They're slacking.

Varna

I know server mergers are not something devs want to announce but what if it was something that was per-emptively announced? Announce an outlined plan to have plenty of servers early on, offer free transfers for people that can't group with their friends right away and once the population stabilizes prepare the community for some mergers. I don't see how it could cause too much harm since apparently everyone knows things like the first month is going to be shit anyways and people should just accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom