• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Ugh was going to try to log on... but with half an hour before maint... ehhhh. They need it something fierce, but ugh. Bit tiring. Hope it ends early so I can finally hop on.

WolvenOne

Well, just tried to spam the whole log in thing, didn't work for me. I'll wait a half hour then try again.

Thing is, I gotta think this is more due to them staggering logins by this point. We're nearing midnight on the east coast, and there have GOT to be a lot of people logging off by now.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
They're incredibly easy and give a ton of exp.

I meant from the server, I heard some people were getting kicked trying to do them, so I didn't bother. This game has been incredibly easy so far, I haven't even come close to dying, except from fall damage. lol

edotlee

I just finished the Ifrit fight last night and right about to get my chocobo. Anyone know the best way to level from 20 to 30?

teiresias

So Yoshi-P says the problem can't be fixed while so many people are playing at once.

People say make more servers.

If they make more servers then when the inevitable 3 month population decline occurs we get ghost servers and wasted resources.

See: SW:ToR launch.

If they shut down the servers long enough to do any serious upgrades, people will freak out about their loss of early access.

What do you do to win here?

Smart people would have extended Open Beta at least another few days, but we're dealing with SE here, so no hope there.

Muku

Well, just tried to spam the whole log in thing, didn't work for me. I'll wait a half hour then try again.

Thing is, I gotta think this is more due to them staggering logins by this point. We're nearing midnight on the east coast, and there have GOT to be a lot of people logging off by now.

From reading and hearing what's being said about folks not logging just to save themselves a spot... I doubt many are logging off. Though with maintenance on the horizon, they'll be getting theirs.

Teknoman

I did the hunting logs. I have not done the guildhests, because I was afraid of being kicked. lol

They're incredibly easy and give a ton of exp.

Yeah, i completely understand the 9000 fear, but those guildhests are also a vital part for main class/first time around leveling. They give really nice exp and gil bonuses the first time through. And work nicely as tutorials for those with you that...well need a helping hand.

WolvenOne

Ah, okay, so we're going to see some maintenance in a half hour or so, and it'll last about an hour and a half.

Well, might be able to get some late night play done then.

Teknoman

From reading and hearing what's being said about folks not logging just to save themselves a spot... I doubt many are logging off. Though with maintenance on the horizon, they'll be getting theirs.

Yup forced log, and hopefully they'll implement a timer. AFK bazaaring isnt really needed with market wards.

Can you even put up a personal bazaar anymore?

WolvenOne

Yup forced log, and hopefully they'll implement a timer. AFK bazaaring isnt really needed with market wards.

Can you even put up a personal bazaar anymore?

I know those timers aren't supposed to be, "that," effective, but I'd certain imagine they were more effective than nothing. Especially if they're unintrusive enough not to prompt users to find counter measures. Kinda doubt many users would set up a bot to keep their character from being logged out after a half hour of idle time.

Pejo

Lol...Finally got in after hours of spamming to log in, finished level 30 lancer quest, and then "hey surprise maintenance!"

I know i should be patient, MMO launch problems etc, but man. That's cruel. :mad:

LowParry

It's nice to see things working in game. Everything works perfectly. Now if they can just figure out this logging issue shit then we're good to go. Those story quests though. Run run run run run run, talk talk talk, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance....so good.

Anyone know of a list of fieldcraft leves? Or at least which areas have them available?

Some areas just flat out don't have any and it'd be nice to avoid running around to every area to check if there are any available there.

Kenai

People are going to bed, i think it's no coincidence I'm in queue all of a sudden.

Count me in as one of the people who isn't planning on logging out once I'm in. Sorry all. I plan on making us of my time when i'm home though!.

Edit: I'm in! Hope I have time to finish.

Edit 2: Got my Duty quest done before logging, I call that a small victory.

rockx4

People are going to bed, i think it's no coincidence I'm in queue all of a sudden.

Count me in as one of the people who isn't planning on logging out once I'm in. Sorry all. I plan on making us of my time when i'm home though!.

Edit: I'm in!

Maintenance starts in 4 mins lol

Umm, not sure how to tell you this but....maintenance in four minutes lol.

burgerdog

You poor soul.

docbon

lmao

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Argh!!!

I'm right in front of my 'become a dragoon quest'. That was a tough place to stop.
If only I had a bit more time.

Noi

Quitting for the night. Been on/off since noon, been a much more productive day than yesterday since the DF was actually working. May go ahead and beat up Ifrit tomorrow.

Sandfox

Wow lol.

Lol so I finally got my required party member and went thought the first dungeon and just as we was about to kill the final boss the server maintenance message came up. Lol but we were able to kill the boss and then I was able to get to an inn to log out. Crisis adverted all in all my first dungeon in an mmo went by with only one death(who was revived).

Xux

Anyone know of a list of fieldcraft leves? Or at least which areas have them available?

Some areas just flat out don't have any and it'd be nice to avoid running around to every area to check if there are any available there.
Only the city with the guild has them for the early levels. I don't know when they start showing up in the other cities but I'm guessing it's the level 20 leves.

daveo42

Banned
I hope they get a lot of these issues resolved by launch. Things are only going to get worse with even more players getting on soon.

Ok...I finally got my chocobo and when I used the whistle for the first time my character did the "interact toss" animation that happens during quests instead of blowing it. It's not in my inventory anymore. What. The. Fuck.

chrono01

To be honest, I think I'm going to take a week off and then start playing this game. There are far too many issues plaguing it at the moment, and is [somewhat] destroying my enjoyment of it. I mean, I still have fun when I log in, but the frustrating having to deal with the problem to do-so is really draining me. To add to this, I've been neglecting my other games [namely Tales of Xillia] simply to stare at the Character Management screen [and this forum] in hopes of being able to log in. ~_~

When MMO's release I generally give it a week and then start playing. By then the servers are generally more stable, and the starting areas less cluttered. I was so excited for FFXIV, though, that I felt compelled to start during Early Access. This was a mistake. It would have been nice to get a "head-start" on the other players but, given that only one day remains until retail release, I can't see that happening.

I only hope that there's still a spot in the GAF Link-Shell when I do. If not, I suppose I'll have to find another one on the server. :(

notworksafe

Well got on for an hour at the end. Finished my GC entry quest, and my MRD L5 class quest. A few other things too. I just want DRG already. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom