• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Managed to get in about 50 mins before maintenance, just finished my first Tam-Tara run with enough time to get to an inn.

Based off somebody else's tip in the thread instead of mashing 0/A/etc. I kept restarting the client until I got into a queue. This seems to be the fastest way to log in, and it's what I'm going to be doing when the servers are back up and everybody else is hammering it to get in.

Like others have said, the one bright side of the server problems is it shows that there's more interest then they seemed to anticipate, meaning if they can fix the problems and get everything working properly they might actually have a success on their hands.
I got in a tam tara run after a 60 min dps queue.

I did my fair share of client restarting. Doing a 0 macro with my razer nostromo is what got me in. Didn't have to sit at the pc while it ran.

marvin83

Banned
Not sure if posted already, but on ffxivrealm.com, there's a thread/post that says Early Access ends 8/29.

Release date pushed back?

Lain

Managed to reach level 8 as a Gladiator on Shiva. I guess that's progress.
Hopefully I'll be able to play my main Lea Monde on Ultros after maint, I want to heal a bit.

gillty

Banned
Not sure if posted already, but on ffxivrealm.com, there's a thread/post that says Early Access ends 8/29.

No, early access overlaps with Launch in-order to accommodate people who will not receive their copies in the mail on launch day..

NovaCarter08_25_201321_15_31_zpsdc9b33b6.png

Me chillin while waiting on a party via duty finder. I wasn't the only one there waiting lol

Pretty sure they can't push release back. Although they can keep registration locked, the actual stores are free to stock the things on the original day once they get the actual merchandise, and you'd end up with nothing but a mess if you kept registration locked for 2 days after it is on the shelves in stores.

Just wanted to say that the level 30 Gladiator quest is EPIC. Finally got my PLD too. Gonna take a nap for an hour and a half.

I really enjoyed the level 30 CNJ class quest also, it got pretty tense when I realized I couldn't just /yawn dps through it and noticed my mp was nearly out towards the end.

marvin83

Banned
No, early access overlaps with Launch in-order to accommodate people who will not receive their copies in the mail on launch day..

Ah, kk. Thought since they're having so many issues they pushed back release a couple days.

I still say they should outsource their server hosting -_-. This is ridiculous. I don't think XI launch was this bad. Beta servers were hit hard in XI, but nothing this bad.

Varna

Did the Ifrit fight with Red Dot people - was a lot of fun! This game does boss fights well.

Well, hmmm 90 minute maintenance huh? Hopefully the duty finder 90000 error gets fixed.

Yeah, I've run the first three dungeons and yeah, I agree the boss fights were all pretty good. Lots of variety too so far. Each had a nice little gimmick that could be exploited too.

chrono01

I've been meaning to ask, does anyone else wish that the Day/Night cycle was more like World of Warcraft [where the day/night changes depending on your current time, or rather, that of the server]?

Final Fantasy XIV looks beautiful in the day-time, absolutely beautiful. It's just a shame that it seems that it reverts back to night so quickly. Don't get me wrong, night-time looks nice too, but I much prefer the look during the day when I can see things happening way back in the distance. It's also a bit odd how fast day/night fluctuates in the game. World of Warcraft seemed a lot more natural in that regard.

Small "quibble", I know, but I would feel remissed not to mention it. I'm insanely excited for A Realm Reborn, though. I just wish I could log in and play it. Hopefully things improve tomorrow!

Teknoman

I've been meaning to ask, does anyone else wish that the Day/Night cycle was more like World of Warcraft [where the day/night changes depending on your current time, or rather, that of the server]?

Final Fantasy XIV looks beautiful in the day-time, absolutely beautiful. It's just a shame that it seems that it reverts back to night so quickly. Don't get me wrong, night-time looks nice too, but I much prefer the look during the day when I can see things happening way back in the distance. It's also a bit odd how fast day/night fluctuates in the game. World of Warcraft seemed a lot more natural in that regard.

Small "quibble", I know, but I would feel remissed not to mention it. I'm insanely excited for A Realm Reborn, though. I just wish I could log in and play it. Hopefully things improve tomorrow!

I like in game time, since i'd be in perpetual darkness or light depending on my schedule.

How does this look and play on the PS3?
Well it's not 720p 60 fps so by gaf standards its unplayable trash!

Looks ok and controls well with controller. I use both the Bluetooth keypad AND my wireless keyboard. No issues. Nice ui although my tv is smaller and quest dialogs are hard to read

Varna

I like in game time, since i'd be in perpetual darkness or light depending on my schedule.

I don't think anyone is asking for DayZ level dedication to day/night time cycle. :p

EDIT: There really should have been nocturnal creatures... but yeah, let's have bogys out in the daylight...

Another FFXI memory came flooding back~

EDarkness

I'm starting to hate the leveling other classes as I'm out of quests and what the game keeps giving me are quests that are available at low level, yet I can't turn them in until I'm higher level. Why the hell do they give out quests that we can't even turn in? It's crappy as hell and really killing my enjoyment of the game. We we consider that we have to level up other classes to get jobs, then this situation is all kinds of messed up. I've been grinding out various Leves, but doing them again and again and again is boring and not fun. I hope they figure this out, because I was doing fine until I started another class.

I feel like they just didn't think this through. What are people going to do on their 4th or 5th class? I was going to do three classes, but the more I think about it, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do more than two. The grinding is just too much.

Filth

Should end at 1:30AM EST

thanks, ive been hanging out with my g/f all week like semi living together and only had time fora login here and there and the horror stories ive been hearing from you guys made me :/ finally got home and have time for myself. 1 hour wait it is. in other news i cant believe i leveled up pug when i need maruder for dragoon :[

Kyon

Banned
So FINALLY got on Early Access after registering it Thursday..... I can't see my character and no NA/EU server is up...

frequency

Whatever happened to riding sidesaddle style?

I'm starting to hate the leveling other classes as I'm out of quests and what the game keeps giving me are quests that are available at low level, yet I can't turn them in until I'm higher level. Why the hell do they give out quests that we can't even turn in? It's crappy as hell and really killing my enjoyment of the game. We we consider that we have to level up other classes to get jobs, then this situation is all kinds of messed up. I've been grinding out various Leves, but doing them again and again and again is boring and not fun. I hope they figure this out, because I was doing fine until I started another class.

I feel like they just didn't think this through. What are people going to do on their 4th or 5th class? I was going to do three classes, but the more I think about it, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do more than two. The grinding is just too much.

I think they mean for it to be difficult (and annoying) to get lots of classes on the same character.

Which is probably why they let you have 8 characters per server and up to 40 characters across all servers with a standard subscription. So you can play it more similar to other MMORPGs for leveling other classes.

Roulette

Or need and win?
I can't be certain but I thought I saw boots with lancer on them greyed after I need and won a chest.

Pretty sure I've won 2, also. It's just dice rolls.

Also, I'm warming to MRD. I rolled one because I thought someone was going to roll ACN and run the content with me, but that fell through. I don't really have the whole tank mentality, but I'll still be unlocking WAR first. I feel like I need some of the GLD skills to hold aggro, though. Plus I should get in the habit of marking targets.

Is it worth levelling a GLD to 15 before my MRD is 30 just to access some of the GLD skills (e.g. Flash)? I figured I'd just get to 30 with MRD so the bonus xp for the GLD would be higher.

daveo42

Banned
Even with a lot of downtime over this past weekend, I was able to unlock WHM and get my unicorn mount this evening. Feels like 50 is coming up fast, but I'm still very behind on my story missions. Have yet to run either Halatali for GC seals or Haukke Manor.

Be warned, there is a ton of quests you have to do between GC and each dungeon. Also, FATEs do help with getting xp.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Pretty sure I've won 2, also. It's just dice rolls.

Also, I'm warming to MRD. I rolled one because I thought someone was going to roll ACN and run the content with me, but that fell through. I don't really have the whole tank mentality, but I'll still be unlocking WAR first. I feel like I need some of the GLD skills to hold aggro, though. Plus I should get in the habit of marking targets.

Is it worth levelling a GLD to 15 before my MRD is 30 just to access some of the GLD skills (e.g. Flash)? I figured I'd just get to 30 with MRD so the bonus xp for the GLD would be higher.

You can unlock flash at 8. I would. Unless you're a cone elitist.

Varna

It's an mmo. You are going to grind. I saw lots of shouts trying to get Fate/EXP parties together so that looks like it's going to be a very popular method of leveling up classes once the quest have dried up. They could add another EXP boost to the 4th,5th,etc class you level to speed it along. Personally, I don't have an issue with the system. Realistically, they can't have a endless amount of quest to level up all classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom