• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the city with the guild has them for the early levels. I don't know when they start showing up in the other cities but I'm guessing it's the level 20 leves.

Thanks. Just hit 20 on my Miner so worst case scenario I'll just visit the biggest hot spots and each region and see where that gets me.

Ok...I finally got my chocobo and when I used the whistle for the first time my character did the "interact toss" animation that happens during quests instead of blowing it. It's not in my inventory anymore. What. The. Fuck.

Haven't gotten mine yet but I believe it should be listed in your skills menu under mounts.

aceface

I hope they get a lot of these issues resolved by launch. Things are only going to get worse with even more players getting on soon.

Will there really be more players? People will actually have to pay for the game now. Also, it will be a weekday.

Managed to gain another level and unlock Airships just before servers went down Woo hoo!

Thankfully this maintenance is just 90 minutes, unlike previous ones. Also lemme guess, Limited log-in available once it's back up, right?

Versian

Neo Member
Managed to gain enough level and unlock Airships just before servers went down Woo hoo!

Thankfully this maintenance is just 90 minutes, unlike previous ones. Also lemme guess, Limited log-in available once it's back up, right?

Most likely that'll be the case :(

Kenai

Managed to gain enough level and unlock Airships just before servers went down Woo hoo!

Probably, but considering the time of day the login shouldn't be so hammered.

daveo42

Banned
Will there really be more players? People will actually have to pay for the game now. Also, it will be a weekday.

There will probably be a ton of people on Tuesday as it's launch day. It might die down a little bit after that, but it'll be rough the first few days and then get really bad next weekend as well.

Having a good time. Wanted to do some blacksmith/armorer quests but I do not have any fire/ice shards. Need to wait till I can mine them or something.

Mastamind

Thanks. Just hit 20 on my Miner so worst case scenario I'll just visit the biggest hot spots and each region and see where that gets me.

Haven't gotten mine yet but I believe it should be listed in your skills menu under mounts.

20 and 25 is in south shroud.

I hoping that i'll be able to make black/white dye tomorrow.

SQLE4rX.jpg

So pretty.

Got in for an hour before maintenance was announced. Managed to go through the 3 grand company ceremonies, now I guess I have 2 hours to try and decide on one. Server issues aside, I am really enjoying this game, the dungeons are fun, the story line intriguing and the classes nicely varied. I've tried to stay out of the server issues debate, while I find the not being able to play annoying, assuming things settle down a bit after launch I can see this being a game I could play long term. Just my opinion and I'm sure other peoples tolerances are different.

Stand out so far has got to be the Ifirit fight, I'd seen videos of the 1.0 fight and guide to the fight in beta. But nothing compares to actually seeing it in action.

Also I love sultanas! So happy Ul'dah is lead by one!

well, i was finally able to do the ifrit fight before maintenance so thats a relief.

however, i remember in the beta after this fight we got to choose our GC and all that, and now i was told to go attend some ceremonies? whats up with that?

Mechakira

Neo Member
Skipped Hatali because I was way over the level by the time instance servers started working, turns out it's necessary for the Grand Company hunting log, which is itself necessary to advance past a certain rank with them.

Also does anyone know when the Grand Company crafting turnins reset? Is it every 12 hours or 24 hours?

well, i was finally able to do the ifrit fight before maintenance so thats a relief.

however, i remember in the beta after this fight we got to choose our GC and all that, and now i was told to go attend some ceremonies? whats up with that?

They're just cut scenes introducing you to the three factions, kinda boring, but it does explain what the main conflicts in each region are.

Got to unlock summoner today so I'm satisfied :)

Nice. Ifrit-Egi looks really cool in game.

That's how it was in Phase 3. You beat Ifrit, go to the three ceremonies (they each are meant to persuade you into joining their grand company). Afterwards, you have to choose one.

Teletraan1

Banned
Unlocked WHM. Got a horse that has a stick in its head. Don't really like that side saddle business. Did Haukke manor. Music was glorious. Pretty productive day for how long I was able to get on.

I've gone through a lot of mmo launches and this has to be on of the worst if not THE worst (personally speaking). Rift and GW2 had pretty great launches for an mmo so I thought by now most devs would be able to keep shit under control, especially Square since they just launched this same game pretty much a couple years ago. I don't get it :[ They really should've made the last beta phase longer or something. I know a lot of people have been able to play but I've barely been able to log in at all. That pre-order incentive has pretty much gone the drain.

Foaloal

Managed to get in about 50 mins before maintenance, just finished my first Tam-Tara run with enough time to get to an inn.

Based off somebody else's tip in the thread instead of mashing 0/A/etc. I kept restarting the client until I got into a queue. This seems to be the fastest way to log in, and it's what I'm going to be doing when the servers are back up and everybody else is hammering it to get in.

Like others have said, the one bright side of the server problems is it shows that there's more interest then they seemed to anticipate, meaning if they can fix the problems and get everything working properly they might actually have a success on their hands.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Don't know if this was answered, but I'm pretty sure I've rolled need on more than one item. Need is greyed out if it's not considered an item suitable for your class.
Or need and win?
I can't be certain but I thought I saw boots with lancer on them greyed after I need and won a chest.

Did the Ifrit fight with Red Dot people - was a lot of fun! This game does boss fights well.

Well, hmmm 90 minute maintenance huh? Hopefully the duty finder 90000 error gets fixed.

Riposte

The tour of the grand companies in 1.0 had WAY better cutscenes. Catching throwing axes and such.

EDIT: Everything from quest battles, to dungeons, to FATEs needs to scale at least 1 level lower for level sync.

Duelist

Just wanted to say that the level 30 Gladiator quest is EPIC. Finally got my PLD too. Gonna take a nap for an hour and a half.

Got on at least to try the game out, got past the tutorial and had just attuned myself to the crystal and then splat, error 90k. I didn't expect to get far, I just wanted to see how it was, the game looks really really nice and it controls good. Can't wait until all these problems are worked out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom