• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

I don't think anyone is asking for DayZ level dedication to day/night time cycle. :p

EDIT: There really should have been nocturnal creatures... but yeah, let's have bogys out in the daylight...

Another FFXI memory came flooding back~

Heh heh...yeah nocturnal creatures would've been great actually. Wouldnt mind a dungeon where you had a dragon's dogma style lantern for a segment. Full of voidsent and vilekin.

Ravidrath

there is no info of maintenance at the lodestone, and the servers are all green,.

I think it's just the login servers?

And the maintenance shows up on Lodestone if you click the "Maintenance" tab.

...I got on right before the maintenance started and probably could've stayed on, but everyone told me I should log out. ;_;

Teletraan1

Banned
I've been meaning to ask, does anyone else wish that the Day/Night cycle was more like World of Warcraft [where the day/night changes depending on your current time, or rather, that of the server]?

Final Fantasy XIV looks beautiful in the day-time, absolutely beautiful. It's just a shame that it seems that it reverts back to night so quickly. Don't get me wrong, night-time looks nice too, but I much prefer the look during the day when I can see things happening way back in the distance. It's also a bit odd how fast day/night fluctuates in the game. World of Warcraft seemed a lot more natural in that regard.

Small "quibble", I know, but I would feel remissed not to mention it. I'm insanely excited for A Realm Reborn, though. I just wish I could log in and play it. Hopefully things improve tomorrow!

Hydaelyn ≠ Earth. having the 2 on some sync would send the RPers into some sort of fit that would make all this log in business seem tame. Although I find the time of day changes far too fast in the game. Thunderstorms looks insane in the forest though.

blackflag

What should I be leveling along with ARC if I eventually want to unlock BRD?

Are there any resources that explain crafting and mining? I have no clue how to start this or when would be a good time.

Kyon

Banned
The servers doin the LEAST tonight tho

ibo4ci2KGsib9e.gif

Pollux

I don't know if I should get this or resub to WoW....I really want this but I'll be playing on PS3, is it good on there? Decisions...decisions.

Suggestion?

Tarazet

Got quite a bit of solid play time in, almost 5 hours after I got in and no interruptions once I was in. Did Tam-Tara and Copperbell Mines and did as much of the class quest as I could before maintenance happened again.

If you look on the JP support forums, there's almost no activity. The game is flawless as far as stability. It's just the server load is crushing them in NA/EU.

Nice. Ifrit-Egi looks really cool in game.

That's how it was in Phase 3. You beat Ifrit, go to the three ceremonies (they each are meant to persuade you into joining their grand company). Afterwards, you have to choose one.

thanks. although i could have swore the 3 GC representatives were right there in that very room when you turn in the quest.

They're just cut scenes introducing you to the three factions, kinda boring, but it does explain what the main conflicts in each region are.

thanks to you too!

I don't know if I should get this or resub to WoW....I really want this but I'll be playing on PS3, is it good on there? Decisions...decisions.

Suggestion?

Yep, it's pretty awesome on PS3, the controller feels natural, the quick keys aren't bad at all with the L2/R2 buttons. Takes a little time to get used to correct targetting with R2 then L1/R1, bit becomes natural after a bit.

Graphics are good, I think I'll upgrade to the PS4 one when it comes out.

WolvenOne

Okay, using this as an opportunity to get mumble set up. Seems like everything ready to go, but I'll need the address for Gaf's Ultros mumble server. I thought it was on the first page, buuuut, seems I was mistaken.

Hmm...

Yep, it's pretty awesome on PS3, the controller feels natural, the quick keys aren't bad at all with the L2/R2 buttons. Takes a little time to get used to correct targetting with R2 then L1/R1, bit becomes natural after a bit.

same here, a far cry from the blurry mess in phase 3

frequency

My Midlander Hyur rides side saddle. Looks like she is going to fall off at all times. Not liking it. She better sit in Magitek Armor properly.

Ah so I guess it was just specific races on specific mounts?

I like sidesaddle for robes. Riding normally with robes looks really dumb to me.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So apparently I'm hearing that Black Mage is Thaumaturge+Archer now. That's pretty interesting.

Oh wow.

Do we know what the requirements are for White Mage? I know Conjurer is one of them, but the other still seems to be a bit unclear from what I've been reading.

Suggestion?

YES

like others said, the controller setup is great. you can really tell they put work into it because it all flows together so well.

what class are you? im LNC and feel the default layout/targeting is fine, but im sure casters would prefer what you said.

YES

like others said, the controller setup is great. you can really tell they put work into it because it all flows together so well.

what class are you? im LNC and feel the default layout/targeting is fine, but im sure casters would prefer what you said.

Archer.
For now, anyway.

daveo42

Banned
Oh wow.

Do we know what the requirements are for White Mage? I know Conjurer is one of them, but the other still seems to be a bit unclear from what I've been reading.

I believe that it's ACN as a sub based on the lack of cross skill actions available. I'm not 100% sure though since I leveled both THM and ACN to 15 in phase 4 and couldn't find the quest requirements for the level 30 quest.

Edit: Based on this page it is ACN for the requirement, but leveling up THM to 30 might be good to get Swiftcast.

Paprikka

Oh wow.

Arcanist. Someone on Reddit posted the full list:

Bard = 30 Archer / 15 Pugilist
Summoner = 30 Arcanist / 15 Thaumaturge
Scholar = 30 Arcanist / 15 Conjurer
Dragoon = 30 Lancer / 15 Marauder
Black Mage = 30 Thaumaturge / 15 Archer
White Mage = 30 Conjurer / 15 Arcanist
Monk = 30 Pugilist / 15 Lancer
Warrior = 30 Marauder / 15 Gladiator
Paladin = 30 Gladiator / 15 Conjurer

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Suggestion?
After playing WoW for 6-7 years, what I long for is the new MMO feel. To be on equal low level footing. (Well, what I really long for is a crazy innovative MMO, but I estimate that's 5-10 years out.)

This MMO is really polished compared to the others that came and failed. PS3 controls are polished.

Mugaaz

I had to grind archer to 15 today for Black Mage. Was pissed as hell, would of leveled it in P4 if I thought it was going to be needed. =p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
On my loadstone it says my City State is Limsa Lominsa. Does that affect questing flow? I switched from MRD to Lancer and felt like I needed to go back to Black Shroud after trying to level in La Noscea.

EDarkness

I think they mean for it to be difficult (and annoying) to get lots of classes on the same character.

Which is probably why they let you have 8 characters per server and up to 40 characters across all servers with a standard subscription. So you can play it more similar to other MMORPGs for leveling other classes.

Honestly, I don't mind difficult, but the fact that we have to level other classes to unlock jobs means there's going to be a crapton of grinding involved to get there. I don't mind grinding to some extent, but the amount of EXP needed with no way to change it up is terrible. Even if someone was to create a new character, they'd be in the same situation. Thinking about it, I suppose creating another character is the better way to go as you'd be able to maximize quest usage when leveling.

The serious part about questing is allowing us to pick up quests we can't even turn in. I'm sitting on two quests now that I can't turn in even though I've completed them already.

It's an mmo. You are going to grind. I saw lots of shouts trying to get Fate/EXP parties together so that looks like it's going to be a very popular method of leveling up classes once the quest have dried up. They could add another EXP boost to the 4th,5th,etc class you level to speed it along. Personally, I don't have an issue with the system. Realistically, they can't have a endless amount of quest to level up all classes.

Of course grinding is part of the plan, and even grinding one time is fair, but grinding on all of the classes you need to get a job? Gonna be mind numbing boring. I've tried working on my hunting log, but I'm level 14 and so many mobs are 18-20 so I can't even fight them to gain some EXP in the meantime. At 15, maybe I can tackle some of the level 18 mobs, but it's going to be slow going. I'm slogging through it now, but getting my gladiator and pugilist built up is going to be insanely painful.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I believe that it's ACN as a sub based on the lack of cross skill actions available. I'm not 100% sure though since I leveled both THM and ACN to 15 in phase 4 and couldn't find the quest requirements for the level 30 quest.

Edit: Based on this page it is ACN for the requirement, but leveling up THM to 30 might be good to get Swiftcast.

Thanks you two.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Seals farming is going to get bananas, those gear pieces offered up are amazing for what they are asking for

In the early parts

crozier

I'm actually happy (thrilled even) that the servers went down. Maybe I can actually get on tonight now that the AFKers have been given the boot?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Seals farming is going to get bananas, those gear pieces offered up are amazing for what they are asking for

In the early parts

They finally left the seals on FATES. I made two NM ones and gave me like 150 seals each.

chrono01

Hydaelyn ≠ Earth. having the 2 on some sync would send the RPers into some sort of fit that would make all this log in business seem tame. Although I find the time of day changes far too fast in the game. Thunderstorms looks insane in the forest though.
That's true.

You must be careful not to anger the RP'ers. They are a force not to be taken lightly.

So now it's Archer for Black Mage, hmm? Thanks!

That works to my benefit, since I was planning on leveling one for Raging/Quelling Strikes anyway. >:)

BadRNG

Honestly, I don't mind difficult, but the fact that we have to level other classes to unlock jobs means there's going to be a crapton of grinding involved to get there. I don't mind grinding to some extent, but the amount of EXP needed with no way to change it up is terrible.
I honestly don't think leveling to 15 on subclasses takes that long. You'll have two other city states worth of quests for two of the classes, and after that hunting log/fates/levequests can get you going pretty fast. The armoury bonus makes grinding on regular mobs in between fates a pretty nice source of exp too.

It is definitely boring, but then leveling in general tends to be once you've gone through a zone once.

Didn't get much play time but I'm glad I at least got some. At least there were no problems when I was actually in the game. Managed to reach level 14 with my Conjurer so I'll definitely be able to hit the first dungeon(s) tomorrow with GAF.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
They finally left the seals on FATES. I made two NM ones and gave me like 150 seals each.

I farmed Cancer and all the Fates surrounding it, GAF FATE Parties are the bestest

From 7PM till Maintenance, I saved up 11,000 seals, went from 32 to 35.5 on THM/BLM

Used them to rank up in Grand Company
Gonna need 10K to get level 35 Mage Gear from GC, good stats for full set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom