• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

I farmed Cancer and all the Fates surrounding it, GAF FATE Parties are the bestest

From 7PM till Maintenance, I saved up 11,000 seals, went from 32 to 35.5 on THM/BLM

Used them to rank up in Grand Company
Gonna need 10K to get level 35 Mage Gear from GC, good stats for full set

I wanna farm Cancer. T_T;;

Seals farming is going to get bananas, those gear pieces offered up are amazing for what they are asking for

In the early parts

Yeah, with the instance servers as unreliable as they have been and zoning being very dangerous, hanging out in a zone chasing FATEs is as good as running dungeons. The XP is comparable and the seals you get can be used to buy gear that seems to be as good as the dungeon drop gear when you factor in set bonuses.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I farmed Cancer and all the Fates surrounding it, GAF FATE Parties are the bestest

From 7PM till Maintenance, I saved up 11,000 seals, went from 32 to 35.5 on THM/BLM

I have like 40k and saved 3 items from 1.0 that give like 55k more ;)

daveo42

Banned

10k really isn't all that much either considering how easy it's been to get seals and level at the same time.

GAF FATEs are the best FATEs indeed.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yeah, with the instance servers as unreliable as they have been and zoning being very dangerous, hanging out in a zone chasing FATEs is as good as running dungeons. The XP is comparable and the seals you get can be used to buy gear that seems to be as good as the dungeon drop gear when you factor in set bonuses.

Dungeon Gear takes for fucking ever to complete

Rather just FATE farm
Best way to amass everything XP + A little Gil + Seals

Dungeon Gear takes for fucking ever to complete

Rather just FATE farm
Best way to amass everything XP + A little Gil + Seals

It's actually pissing me off, I've done some dungeons and tank gear has never dropped for me. Meanwhile other people complain all they see is tank gear. You're right, I should just keep grinding FATEs for a guaranteed item instead of playing the RNG in dungeons.

Mugaaz

I honestly don't think leveling to 15 on subclasses takes that long. You'll have two other city states worth of quests for two of the classes, and after that hunting log/fates/levequests can get you going pretty fast. The armoury bonus makes grinding on regular mobs in between fates a pretty nice source of exp too.

It is definitely boring, but then leveling in general tends to be once you've gone through a zone once.

Leveling 1-15 honestly takes a while once you run out of all quests. The leves suck in that range, and you can't run dungeons yet. 15+ you can dungeon run until 50 easily on every further class.

WolvenOne

Should be up within about 20 minutes.
Good luck logging in though

Considering its around 1AM on the East Coast, even on launch weekend the demand shouldn't be TOO overwhelming. Especially given that a lot of people just left their characters logged in before going to bed, without knowing about the maintenance.

Rootbeer

Banned
hoping for vastly improved login experience after the maintenance... ffs it'll be nearly 11pm and tomorrow is monday with most people having work and/or school.

GraveRobberX

It's actually pissing me off, I've done some dungeons and tank gear has never dropped for me. Meanwhile other people complain all they see is tank gear. You're right, I should just keep grinding FATEs for a guaranteed item instead of playing the RNG in dungeons.

Telling you the stats measure up or surpass the dungeon stuff, unless you want to be fully decked out in green or pink HQ gear, up to you

Best is to at least finish off 1 Rank in GC (2K, 3K, 4K respectively) + 1 Hunting Log of GC
Unlock Rank 2, then spend seals as you wish on gear for your char/level

I can save 15K at the moment, that is good enough to cap out if you FATE farm for like 3-5 hours, then either rank invest to move save cap up or spend

Noi

I wanted to play PGL from the offset, but I've raised a picket GLD due to all the tank get I got running dungeons. Though to be fair, my last copperbell run had almost all-mage drops save for one bow...

WolvenOne

How does partying with others at much higher levels (or lower) do exp wise? I'd love to Fate party with you guys, but my PUG is only level 20.

Honestly, I do worry about this a bit. I'm only level 18, and I keep reading about people in their 30's and 40's.

I don't want to be left behind until I catch up to the level cap. T_T;;

Should I wait a week or two before buying so the issues are resolved? My collector's edition got cancelled so my desire to buy the game has gone down substantially, through no fault of its own of course but that was a rad CE :/

Item Box

What annoys me is how much FATEs give in xp compared to most leves/quests. You might as well farm highbridge or something all day if you want optimal experience gain(as well as getting some gil and seals)

WolvenOne

Should I wait a week or two before buying so the issues are resolved? My collector's edition got cancelled so my desire to buy the game has gone down substantially, through no fault of its own of course but that was a rad CE :/

If you REALLY don't want to experience any hiccups, I'd say a week, tops.

If you want a optimal experience then I would, if you are willing to sometimes spend hours waiting to get in game, or being in game and having issues then get it now I guess.

GraveRobberX

What annoys me is how much FATEs give in xp compared to most leves/quests. You might as well farm highbridge or something all day if you want optimal experience gain(as well as getting some gil and seals)

GAF LS as a whole, we murder our FC Rank, we capped it Day 1 LOL
Just farmed the ever living shit out of FATEs

Like 25% of us went from 20-35 in 2 days doing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom