• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrael

Finally registered my preorder code. I didn't join the GAF LS during Open Beta because I didn't play it much and only got as far as the airship pass quest, but hope to join on Saturday.

My character is Dingle Berry. Ended open beta as 17 GLA 17 MIN.

Well, for WHM... I plan to go Mostly MND, add a little/lot to PIE and a little to VIT. For ACN, I'm going INT, PIE and VIT being that SCH can use Cleric Stance, I don't mind the gimped heals(anymore) because SCH is not meant to be the Big Healer like WHM.

Well, you aren't just gimping your heals, you will be gimping the shields that Scholar can put on people (which absorb how much you heal someone). (assuming those data leaks are correct)

Askani

that's if Square hands out the keys in an orderly fashion.

hL6NVhz.gif

Is whm 30 cnj and 15 gladiator?? or something else??

WHM can't slot GLA abilities anymore, during Phase 3 it was blank for me (assuming because ACN wasn't in the game at the time) and I never logged into my legacy character for Phase 4 so I can't confirmed if it stayed that way, but I think it's safe to assume it'll be ACN or THM this time around. It seems like they stuck to more logical choices for ARR.

Dvide

Banned
Why is there no fresh start EU GAF server? Just because most of us don't get a Xbox One doesn't mean we don't count.

Odin's where it's at for me. I'll zantetsuken every instance as CNJ.

Cmagus

Finally got it to work. for those of you who are still getting error 3 its because it still thinks you're EU when you're in NA.

-Click on your name at the top of the page and go to your profile.
-When it loads look and see what the address of your profile is. Mine said eu.profile address.

-If yours says this simply change the eu. to na. and press enter once it loads hit back two times and input your code it should work.

hope that helps.

Xavien

So After registering the 18 digit key (6-3-6-3) and then the 20 digit key (4 4 4 4 4), and after it confirmed I am getting the mog items, and it said my registry is a "success".

I went to my SE page, and for some reason it says nowhere "early access".

Both on services, and select services, and service history.

What's going on here?

Same here, but since the account systems shows no-where that i got the garlond goggles for entering in a code from my 1.0 copy and then they showed up in a mail in the 2.0 beta. I'd imagine the items and EA are there but for some reason SE doesn't let the customer use them, which is stupid.

I think this'll change once mogstation launches but thats on the 27th...

Anyone know if the pre-order "key" goes either way, or do you need to choose the correct corresponding platform? (I got a PS3 key but I'd like to use it for PC version)

Also, should I just keep spamming it to try to get through?

Moobabe

I can register my pre-order code from GMG but the 20 digit code it gives me says it's from a region that differs to my SE account..

They really don't make this easy. Going through support now.

Torquill

Just to help circumvent any potential freakouts. Don't be shocked if if some or all of your collectors edition pre-order don't appear on your moogle until the 27th. The pre-order page used very specific language "start of official service"

I'm expecting 1.0 stuff (onion helm, garlond goggles, etc) to be there during early access. But I don't expect 2.0 stuff (warrior of light helm, moogle gap, etc) to be there until the 27th.

SleazyC

So does anyone have an answer to why some people were not seeing "Early Access" in the list of items after they registered their 20 character codes.

I've scanned the past eight pages and maybe missed whether or not it will be an issue if I did not see Early Access listed.

Khrno

I just don't see why they didn't let low level Arcanists have the option to heal in dungeons via the duty finder.

For the same reason that THM aren't classified as healers.

Before you say it, yes, Arcanist have Physick which is basically Cure I, however that's all the healing they do, no Medica or Protect or esuna, and due to ACN's Int traits, their cure potency is lower than a CNJ's, and would probably be the same as THM with Cure.

So basically, although ACN have a cure spell, it is not meant to support a party due to the traits of the class. It certainly works just fine for the starting dungeons, but from 20-29, I'm not that sure.

Jinko

Well, you aren't just gimping your heals, you will be gimping the shields that Scholar can put on people (which absorb how much you heal someone). (assuming those data leaks are correct)

Agreed, for 8 man content in 1.0 it wasn't uncommon to have 2 healers and I doubt things will change for ARR, I hope that SCH will be comparable to WHM in terms of healing and mitigation.

Especially considering duty finder could end up giving you two SCH's.

ebil

Wait, I was under the impression that jobs only get access to one other class skills now.

When I check to cross class skills on WHM only THM was available. (ACN was at 20 FWIW)

Also when doing the same for BRD only PGL was available.
I haven't paid close attention to it, but you might have solved a mystery here. I can't say for sure. I remember BRD having PGL, not sure about LNC and it definitely didn't have CNJ anymore. And I didn't really pay attention on WHM. Might be only one other class now, yes.

Xavien

Anyone know if the pre-order "key" goes either way, or do you need to choose the correct corresponding platform? (I got a PS3 key but I'd like to use it for PC version)

Also, should I just keep spamming it to try to get through?

You can choose either platform on the list, if you have a 1.0 PC account then the PS3 pre-order code will work if you select the PC platform after entering your key. But remember, that to play beyond early access you're gonna need a PC version key to play on the PC after early access. If you have a 1.0 account then this doesn't apply, after early access and the 2 week free play, you just need to start the sub and off you go.

You can choose either platform on the list, if you have a 1.0 PC account then the PS3 pre-order code will work if you select the PC platform after entering your key. But remember, that to play beyond early access you're gonna need a PC version key to play on the PC after early access. If you have a 1.0 account then this doesn't apply.

Thanks, I do. Guess I'll just keep trying.

tenchir

I am confused, is this 20 digit key just for the PC version? If I got 12 digit PS3 key, I only need that key for early access right?

chris-013

I haven't paid close attention to it, but you might have solved a mystery here. I can't say for sure. I remember BRD having PGL, not sure about LNC and it definitely didn't have CNJ anymore. And I didn't really pay attention on WHM. Might be only one other class now, yes.

BRD have both PGL and LNC skills.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/110699-NA-Procedures-during-Periods-of-High-Congestion-%28Aug.-21%29

[NA] Procedures during Periods of High Congestion (Aug. 21)

We are expecting major congestion during the period starting with the Early Access on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) leading up to the official game launch on Aug. 27, 2013 (PDT).

If a large volume of players attempt to login to the game simultaneously, certain players may receive the following message: “This World is currently full. Players in queue: ##.” If you receive this message, we ask that you please wait until your login is processed.

In addition, in order to avoid server congestion related issues from multiple characters concentrating in the starting areas, we may implement restrictions on logins and/or the creation of new characters for a period of time after the servers open to the public.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

Pretty much expected but at least they're putting out the warning early. Should be an interesting weekend especially taking into account that ARR has been a consistent top seller on Amazon for the last few weeks.

bumpkin

I put it my 18 digit code again and this time got a NA code.

Also saw my PC collectors edition just shipped.
Same here, except my CE is the PS3 edition.

Is it bad that I'm actually giving serious thought to just ebay'ing it? I only played a handful of hours of the phase 3 beta, and I'm having a hard time seeing myself being able to find the amount of time I'd need to make a monthly sub worth it. :(

Pejo

Finally got it to work. for those of you who are still getting error 3 its because it still thinks you are EU is you are in NA.

-When it loads look and see what the address of your profile is. Mine said eu.profile address.

-If yours says this simply change the eu. to na. and press enter once it loads hit back two times and input your code it should work.

hope that helps.

Nice, thanks. After dinking around in my account settings, I went back out and was able to submit the code on the first try. that's a relief.

Agreed, for 8 man content in 1.0 it wasn't uncommon to have 2 healers and I doubt things will change for ARR, I hope that SCH will be comparable to WHM in terms of healing and mitigation.

This is what I'm afraid of and agree to a point. I'm afraid that SCH will not compare to WHM which is why I don't mind throwing the Cleric Stance in there, but I don't want to be gimped in case DF puts two SCH.

erawsd

Same. I think Scholar will be comparable to WHM if you factor in their mitigation abilities like the AOE -10% damage buff and the shields their healing spells apply to players. WHMs will have stronger single target and AOE heals probably, but SCH will do more mitigation based spells which will equal out in a long battle, I think.

TheContact

I entered in my 18 digit preorder code and got a 12 digit code, thought it was 20?

edit: wait the 20 digits must be for PC, i have ps3

mr2t

Banned
Same here, except my CE is the PS3 edition.

Is it bad that I'm actually giving serious thought to just ebay'ing it? I only played a handful of hours of the phase 3 beta, and I'm having a hard time seeing myself being able to find the amount of time I'd need to make a monthly sub worth it. :(

It's going for twice the original price but I'm definitely keeping it.

TnK

If you pre-ordered, you shoul be given a code to grant you early access this Saturday. If you didnt receive one, contact whoever you ordered from.

Regarding friends, I wouldnt worry too much about your buddies being at max level. You will meet people and you will make new friends. Join a few linkshells, join a few random parties, and youll have plenty of new people to do content with.

Will contact the people I pre-ordered from, thanks. Also, it is great to know that I shouldn't worry too much about who to play with.

twelver

Finally got it to work. for those of you who are still getting error 3 its because it still thinks you're EU when you're in NA.

hope that helps.

Wow thank you. This worked for me. This guy knows whats what.

Thanks a bunch. Went into my profile (which said NA but my language said English UK), changed to English USA, confirmed it said United States and hit save, went back and the code went through first try.

A code spawning another, longer code... sigh.

Cetra

Okay so I need a little information from those of you who've set this up on PS3. I bought a good friend of mine a PS3 and Pre-Ordered him a copy of the game. I'm going to register his pre-order code tonight and get that all squared away. However, I have no idea how to go about getting the client, or how to instruct on how to do that since I'm primarily a PC gamer outside of the odd console exclusive.

Can anyone help me out?

omlet

Wait, I was under the impression that jobs only get access to one other class skills now.
Monk gets MRD and LNC skills, so no, it's two.

Yea I would say thats correct, even at lvl 15 SCH will have the fairy to summon and from what they said fairy would have heal over time spells. (Physick will be comparable to cure no doubt and SCH should have no issues healing in dungeons before getting Succor)

Cure and Physick actually both have potency of 400.

Ricck

GMG support. This confirms a few things.
Hi there,

Thank you for your ticket. Keys for this title will be sent out automatically on or before the game's release date.

Hope this helps,

Antonio

Green Man Gaming & Playfire
Customer Service

The question was when do you get the CE/FFXIV Game key.

nice! good to know!

hope that helps.

Thank you very much. Error 3 kept stumping me until I tried this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom