• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

I try to put in the early access code on the website, but it just asks me to log in. I log in, put in code, asked to log in. Rinse and repeat. HELP BROS

chrono01

Square-Enix takes down the servers for "maintenance" and puts them back up shortly afterwards only to have the errors begin once more within minutes of them going live.

c2m.gif

cyrok

wow was gone for the day pretty much. How long did they bring the servers down and is this the 4th emergency maintenance since early access?

What settings are you running man? I've got everything cranked on mine but yours looks much smoother?

Everything is just set on Maximum with no outside/third party stuff, lol.

What annoys me is how much FATEs give in xp compared to most leves/quests. You might as well farm highbridge or something all day if you want optimal experience gain(as well as getting some gil and seals)

Yeah, I haven't touched a regular quest in a long time, and I have yet to even use a single leve allowance. Farming FATEs with the +50% bonus exp from having a lvl50 already is insane.

Teknoman

I try to put in the early access code on the website, but it just asks me to log in. I log in, put in code, asked to log in. Rinse and repeat. HELP BROS

It shouldnt ask you to log in. Put in the code at the preorder site. That unlocks another code that you put into your actual account.

Its kinda like those Call of Duty preorder skin codes.

Telling you the stats measure up or surpass the dungeon stuff, unless you want to be fully decked out in green or pink HQ gear, up to you

Best is to at least finish off 1 Rank in GC (2K, 3K, 4K respectively) + 1 Hunting Log of GC
Unlock Rank 2, then spend seals as you wish on gear for your char/level

I can save 15K at the moment, that is good enough to cap out if you FATE farm for like 3-5 hours, then either rank invest to move save cap up or spend

This sounds like a good plan. I'm all in at this point. FATEs are pretty fun in the 20's.

Teknoman

Well...guess i'll mess around in X-Com a little more and then hit the hay.

I do wish the game put forward a better impression for early access, and then maybe have issues during normal launch...at least that would have given everyone time to really get a feel for the game.

Eusis

Well...guess i'll mess around in X-Com a little more and then hit the hay.

I do wish the game put forward a better impression for early access, and then maybe have issues during normal launch...at least that would have given everyone time to really get a feel for the game.
I think next time they need to work something out with Amazon for making sure only paying customers get Early Access, like giving the codes AND charging for the game at a specific, announced time. That way at worst canceling's a lot riskier.

And as much as it'd suck for physical orders (though frankly they should've never fucking used Digital River for their online store, or at least set that up to ship a week in advance) they probably should've had early access end the day after release to ensure everyone had an uninterrupted period of play.

Ah well, hindsight's 20/20 and I'm not sure Amazon CAN accommodate that kind of setup anyway.Maybe EA should've just been an reward from everyone else while Amazon you just had to hope they shipped it far enough in advance (which they did for the CE much to my mild annoyance.)

EDIT: Though these prolonged issues DID get me to re-rent SR4. Though the game locked up just as servers went back so may as well give it a shot for at least a little bit of play.

Subxero

I made in the queue for Ultros then load screen followed by a 1017.

I totally yelled "poop monster" at the screen. I hope SE heard me.

Got in a queue then got into the game fine. Playing now.

I think I'm going to stay away from Ultros. Nothing but problems with that server.

LowParry

Tried to do Ifrit with a tank who refused to attack the spike, then gets mad and quits....

Tank shouldn't have to attack the spike. Ifrit has a frontal cone attack. So if your tank goes to help on the spike, guess who gets hit. That spike is all on dps.

I really hate how they got rid of queuing and how the small the servers seem to be. I wish it was like how GW2 was, where if you made a character on a server, it automatically gives you an instant connect to that server with that character. Basically as if you paid for a slot on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom