• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, was playing on Durandal with a new character, just to say I got a little bit of play time in the EA period. Jesus, I have yet to be able to log in with my character from Phase 4, still it gives me time to play Yakuza 4, so there is that. But damn its annoying.

Timeaisis

Square-Enix takes down the servers for "maintenance" and puts them back up shortly afterwards only to have the errors begin once more within minutes of them going live.

c2m.gif

I've seen this about 20 times today, and I think I laugh harder each time I see it. That's staying power.

Korezo

Everything is just set on Maximum with no outside/third party stuff, lol.

Yeah, I haven't touched a regular quest in a long time, and I have yet to even use a single leve allowance. Farming FATEs with the +50% bonus exp from having a lvl50 already is insane.

What +50 % exp bonuses you talking about?

Forkball

It shouldnt ask you to log in. Put in the code at the preorder site. That unlocks another code that you put into your actual account.

Its kinda like those Call of Duty preorder skin codes.

I got a preorder code, put it in, and they gave me another code, but when I put THAT in, it just keeps asking me to log in.
There are no valid service accounts.

Please follow the URL below to register your pre-order code for early access.
http://entry.ffxiv.com/pre-order_code/na
Every time I put in the code it just asks me to log in with my SE account.

Subxero

Just tried Ultros again for laughs. Got a 1017 for my main and selected my alt and got in instantly.

I guess they just want us to make a bunch of alts and no progress.

Ikon

This wasn't the deal guys. I'm supposed to get up at 8am and get in instantly because all of you have gone to bed/work.

Get to it :/

LeviGratton

Neo Member
So what's the general mood on Neogaf with the current situation?

Other forums I've gone to have people calling for Yoshi-P to kill himself and that Square-Enix is the next Electronic Arts.

Ferrio

Banned

Other forums I've gone to have people calling for Yoshi-P to kill himself and that Square-Enix is the next Electronic Arts.

Annoyance rising. If it's not resolved by tuesday then ya...i'll be pissed.

Ikon

I'm still somewhat hopeful for tuesday. I think there a whole ton of people who "cheated" to get early access codes who shouldn't be a problem anymore by then.

LeviGratton

Neo Member

I think that giving them a few days of non-early access to resolve the problem is totally reasonable.

I view Early Access with the same expectations as my Cait Sith minion, since they're essentially the same thing.

A little bonus for per-ordering the game at no extra cost.

Earlier the mood was that Square Enix doesn't care about the non-Japanese user base and that servers are free and should be added as necessary. Now it seems to be fatigue.

gribbles

Banned
Just tried Ultros again for laughs. Got a 1017 for my main and selected my alt and got in instantly.

I guess they just want us to make a bunch of alts and no progress.

Truer words were never spoken. Right now, I have 5 characters across 3 different servers all between lvl 15-20, simply because of this login crap.

I think I must be stupid, because I have trouble understanding the map and working out how I can get to where I need to go. If the green tick markers came up all the time it'd be great, but they don't come up when you're in a different area.

Riposte

I've said it ease where but I think the game has way bigger problems than server issues.

Forkball

Are you running peerblock or anything that might mess it up on your end?

Nope. Tried a different computer and the same thing happened. I tried to send a support ticket but it says it couldn't verify my account or something. Leave it to Square to make the most incompetent login system ever.

Zomba13

Back from work and straight in. Was supposed to be in work from 7am - 3:15pm BST but found out they decided to let me have the bank holiday Monday off even though 2 weeks ago (when I was last in work before taking holiday time) I was scheduled in.
Time to play FFXIV all day (or as much as it lets me).

HBroward

I just had a line where an npc told someone to blame themselves or the gods. I love all the references in this games dialogue and Fate names and stuff.

WolvenOne

Heya all, sorry to hear that not everyone's been able to get in. It, "feels," like the situation has improved, but I'm speaking from the perspective of somebody whom managed to get in after the most recent maintenance.

Gotta say, the servers are flipping, PAAACKED! Holy crap! I parked my guy in Horizon while taking a quick ten minute break, and it looked like a flipping rock concert!

Anyhow, I'm gonna finish up my short little break here, and then try Tanking for Copperbell.

Also, on the off chance you end up playing with me, I apologize now for my relative newbness. With this being my first MMORPG, I'm still getting the hang of the finer aspects of gameplay. I'm a bit self conscious about it actually. ^///^;;

Lotto

Do I need to be a certain level to join the GAF FC/Guild? Also, not sure who to contact to get in. I signed up on the guildworks website and was accepted though. Sorry if it's been asked to death x_x

Tarazet

Tank shouldn't have to attack the spike. Ifrit has a frontal cone attack. So if your tank goes to help on the spike, guess who gets hit. That spike is all on dps.

Yeah, my group preferred to have the DPS take it down after doing it in beta. It takes no time and does no damage if your DD's aren't window lickers. By the way, I'm enjoying Marauder a lot so far, can't wait to see how it is when I have my stance dancing and combos all unlocked. Not easy to heal at low levels, but that should improve dramatically at 30 when I get access to Defiance.

Tank shouldn't have to attack the spike. Ifrit has a frontal cone attack. So if your tank goes to help on the spike, guess who gets hit. That spike is all on dps.

I attacked the spike when I did Ifrit. Every little bit of damage helps, at that level if you're undergeared the DPS might not do enough damage to kill it in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom