• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are servers cool now because it's so late/early, or did they actual fix everything? I was able to log out AND log back in (wtf?!)!

Because NA players are going to bed.
It's nothing they've fixed, there's just less congestion.
It should be easy to log in now for several hours, until NA wakes up again.

glaurung

Got back from a long weekend last night and attempted to play this since I had early access.

Nothing worked. Created a character and at the end of it the server disconnected, gave me a stupid error message, then closed the client. GG

Got back from a long weekend last night and attempted to play this since I had early access.

Nothing worked. Created a character and at the end of it the server disconnected, gave me a stupid error message, then closed the client. GG

Make sure you save any character that you make, let's you remake really quickly in case something goes wrong.

So are servers cool now because it's so late/early, or did they actual fix everything? I was able to log out AND log back in (wtf?!)!

Wait until North America wakes up in about 6-8 hours from now. Same thing that happened yesterday, and it'll get worse throughout the day.

How do I turn off other's damage from popping on screen?

I thought I saw it in the graphics settings where you can disable other players physics and such, but I could be wrong. Scroll down a bit.

WolvenOne

Okay, so Sastasha, Tam Tara Deepcraft, and Copperbell are done and gone! So tomorrow is Ifrit and that one dungeon in Thanalan that I skipped during Phase 3, Hatali I think its called.

Incidentally, has anybody else noticed that one enemy always seems to slip past the Agro moves in dungeons? I asked about it in Copperbell, and somebody said they'd noticed the same thing in other dungeons. Kinda frustrating, since I keep spending turns using Overpower, flash, and still see our formations turn into chaos when the DPS and I have to break to save the healer.

No big blunders despite that, but still, if I'm making a mistake I want to figure it out so I can improve. I want other players to WANT to work with me again, not just settle for me, ya know.

WolvenOne

Wait until North America wakes up in about 6-8 hours from now. Same thing that happened yesterday, and it'll get worse throughout the day.

I don't know dude, the EU players were out in full force tonight, and a lot of US players will be working, myself included.

Which reminds me, I'm gonna have to break away and get some sleep before long here. <_<;;

Just wondering if the NPC Armour vendors sell better gear than the quest rewards?

Right now, I'm a Marauder, and it looks like I'm wearing pajamas....pretty embarassing.

WolvenOne

The majority of people work so I doubt it'll be too terrible this upcoming morning

Tomorrow night and beyond though is going to be a nightmare

Depends. Keep in mind that NA and Europe share server space and services, and on weekends its far more likely that we'll simultaneously be seeing heavy traffic from both regions. During the weekdays, peak periods are a much smaller period of time, so it's unlikely the EU and NA peak periods will overlap, due to the difference in time zones.

I still expect some congestion, but it shouldn't be as bad as it was the weekend.

Esura

Banned
I hope this congestion doesn't last too much longer. Launch is coming up soon and it will suck so much ass if I still can't get my character registered.

Depends. Keep in mind that NA and Europe share server space and services, and on weekends its far more likely that we'll simultaneously be seeing heavy traffic from both regions. During the weekdays, peak periods are a much smaller period of time, so it's unlikely the EU and NA peak periods will overlap, due to the difference in time zones.

I still expect some congestion, but it shouldn't be as bad as it was the weekend.

I hope so! I'm looking to get some decent play time later today. I still haven't even engaged in combat yet -__-

Still running around Gridania.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I don't remember much of XIV. I remember it being much clunkier than this though. Like, I had to to talk to one person to get quest, or something like that. And I could only do like 3 a day. I also remember the UI having a 2 second delay. This is much better. Still looks really good, as well.

So I'm stuck on a quest called Leves of Horizon. Tells me to go to an area, vaguely mention's a person in that area but when I try to talk to them I get nothing. What am I supposed to do?

Edit: Was trying to figure this out for 20 minutes, solved it right after I made this post.

WolvenOne

I hope so! I'm looking to get some decent play time later today. I still haven't even engaged in combat yet -__-

Still running around Gridania.

Don't worry, there's no real rush. If you need some help clearing some dungeons and such, look me up once you join the GAF guild, and I'll help you out. :)

Sioen

I do believe the game gives somewhat of a bad first impression with the run around quests in the starting cities, once I got outside the game got alot better.

Noaloha

So I'm stuck on a quest called Leves of Horizon. Tells me to go to an area, vaguely mention's a person in that area but when I try to talk to them I get nothing. What am I supposed to do?

Edit: Was trying to figure this out for 20 minutes, solved it right after I made this post.

The quest you're doing is to introduce you to the 'Leves' system. When you accepted this quest another one will have popped up on your Duty List, I think with a different icon rather than the exclamation mark (probably looks like a playing card). You need to complete this Levequest and hand in your results in order to complete 'Leves of Horizon'. To start the Levequest, click the name of it on your Duty List, check the map for where it wants you to be and go stand in the middle of the circle. Then select the Levequest again and click 'Initiate'.

EDIT: Oop, haha. Didn't see your edit, I should have read your post again after typing this.

WolvenOne

I do believe the game gives somewhat of a bad first impression with the run around quests in the starting cities, once I got outside the game got alot better.

I concur, I skipped a lot of early quests, even outside the cities, for that reason. That, and I wanted to get to the dungeon's and such asap. I reasoned that leaving some early quests would be good for leveling subclasses later on.

Sioen

I concur, I skipped a lot of early quests, even outside the cities, for that reason. That, and I wanted to get to the dungeon's and such asap. I reasoned that leaving some early quests would be good for leveling subclasses later on.
How do you level then? By grinding?

WolvenOne

How do you level then? By grinding?

I went through some quests, completed a lot of my hunting log, fates, and of course I did the story quests. I mainly started skipping things once the xp reward stopped being worth the time or effort. As in, I was too high a level to get enough out of them.

Lord Phol

Just wondering if the NPC Armour vendors sell better gear than the quest rewards?

Right now, I'm a Marauder, and it looks like I'm wearing pajamas....pretty embarassing.

Been there, done that D:. I would advice you to try out the auction house before you go to vendors. You are bound to get some better stuff from quests and Dungeons if you just give it time, though I can understand not wanting to walk around in Pyjamas for 7 levels like I did >>.

Qvoth

guys, i saw a picture saying early access is extended until the 29th?
does this mean the official launch is delayed until then instead of tomorrow?

Vashetti

Banned
guys, i saw a picture saying early access is extended until the 29th?
does this mean the official launch is delayed until then instead of tomorrow?

No, Early Access always ended then.

It's to allow for those whose copy of the game doesn't arrive on the 27th.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Next day and still cant log in as my realm is full, they need to implant a bloody queue system again.

Hey edotlee, here's a couple of Dragoon avatars if you wanna use one of them:

earvcunanan-transpare9msln.png
earvcunanan-transpared3s67.png

GAF user Coreda made them for me since I was going to use it, but since you have a Dragoon as your avatar I'll just give them to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom