• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigarator

The Fate with the raptors called Clever Girls got a grin out of me. Localisation's pretty great in this game.

Oh wow, haven't seen that one. There's one with a huge crab called Bubbly Bernie, and anybody who played FFXI will know why that's funny

Also on an unrelated note, is the duty finder working? I've been in a queue for Sastasha for over half an hour and nothing has popped.

Edit: Sods law, as soon as I say something it pops!

Oh wow, haven't seen that one. There's one with a huge crab called Bubbly Bernie, and anybody who played FFXI will know why that's funny

Also on an unrelated note, is the duty finder working? I've been in a queue for Sastasha for over half an hour and nothing has popped.

Please tell me the name of the FATE references a clock or a fish.

Isaccard

Edit: Sods law, as soon as I say something it pops!

If you're a DPS this is your life. Embrace it.

CoLaN

Level 28 Pugilist and I am enjoying the game a lot. The level 20+ zones are really good, full of unique details and very nice to explore (complete opposite from 1.0). Past level 20 the armor starts to look extremely nice.

It's sad that the first levels and quests are incredibly boring, and might drive people away from the game

You should make more.

GAF member Coreda made the Dragoon set, but I can make some more class-specific ones like it with transparent backgrounds. I'll post them here a little later.

Level 28 Pugilist and I am enjoying the game a lot. The level 20+ zones are really good, full of unique details and very nice to explore (complete opposite from 1.0). Past level 20 the armor starts to look extremely nice.

It's sad that the first levels and quests are incredibly boring, and might drive people away from the game

That's what I wanted to read! I'm still running around accepting quests in Gridania with no clue as to what I'm doing. Can't wait to start getting good weapons and armor sets for my Lancer.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Have to run errands, left myself logged in. I actually had my client crash when I was changing the resolution and gfx settings to take the load off my gpu. I miraciously got back in immediately.

I'm not on any gaf server so don't hate.

So in regards to this message on the new acct management site Mogstation:

This site is scheduled to begin service on August 27, 2013, coinciding with the release of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Does anyone know what time zone this coincides with?

Einbroch

Banned
Carbuncles are great off-tanks, but Arcanists need to learn to not sic them on a boss as I'm pulling it.

They're VERY hard to pull agro off of and they can't position them well. Our Monk was going crazy because the enemy kept doing a 180 and she couldn't attack from behind.

Please, Arcanists of the world, wait five seconds before sending your Carbies in to attack.

Mr. Hyde

When do the servers open to everyone? Tomorrow? I have an unused FF14 code to use that I bought from amazon months ago, but I am getting impatient. :O I can't really justify buying the digital collector's edition since I have the code, though.

When do the servers open to everyone? Tomorrow? I have an unused FF14 code to use that I bought from amazon months ago, but I am getting impatient. :O I can't really justify buying the digital collector's edition since I have the code, though.
I am in the exact same boat! My patience is wearing very thin :)

orion434

Good Morning GAF!

This weekend was amazing with the Early Access, partly because all the "Emergency Maintenance" was conviently scheduled when I was out of the house or sleeping. I'd turn on my PS3 and read the news-bulliten and just sign-on even if it said that there was maintenance and I still got on? I guess I was one of the lucky players :)

Ultros - Elezen - Jade Nephrite - lv 16 Archer

I haven't seen any options to join the GAF Guild? So I've gotten up to the mssion Guard the Tree, how far away am I from being able to join a guild or ride the Airship to Vesper Bay?

Mr. Hyde

I am in the exact same boat! My patience is wearing very thin :)

I'm off work today and tomorrow, so it makes it even worse. A part of me just wants to sell my code for fifteen or twenty and just pick up the collector's edition. I guess I can wait one more day, though.

Yondy604

Banned
All I can say is HURRAH

Shinobu sensui + alicia Melchotte (me), We just did temple of qran.

And let me say that shit was incredible. It was like I was playing WoW raids all over again, the bosses were technical, the bosses were HARD and FUN, they had some amazing mechanics, and most of all, it was an absolute blast (not to mention a timer).

That dungeon sold me on this game, brilliant. and amazing.

Managed to get some good time in yesterday despite all the downtime. Made it to level 18 on my Marauder and tanked the first instance (Satashka?). Was pretty fun... wish I had a better skill than overpower to take aggro - trying to land that on mobs that are running towards dps/healers is kind of hard.

Quick question - Am I supposed to just be following around my main quest while doing the sidequests that I find near them? I was just told to go to Gridania but it looks like I have a lot of the Limsa areas left to explore... are they just higher level places?

Berordn

Quick question - Am I supposed to just be following around my main quest while doing the sidequests that I find near them? I was just told to go to Gridania but it looks like I have a lot of the Limsa areas left to explore... are they just higher level places?

Some of them are higher level areas, a lot of them aren't required to visit for the main scenario. You can come back on a lower level class and gain some easy experience that way.

Einbroch

Banned
What is it cluttered with? You already have the Armory Chest to seperate all your gear from the rest of the items...

I take it you don't level gathering professions?

I have like 4 kinds of ore, 10 types of plants, 4 types of logs, 20 or so types of fish/food, 4 types of leather, and on and on.

My inventory is constantly between 80-90.

CoLaN

That's what I wanted to read! I'm still running around accepting quests in Gridania with no clue as to what I'm doing. Can't wait to start getting good weapons and armor sets for my Lancer.

That's how level 25 armor looks

mrd235szg.jpg

Vodh

Dammit, whenever I try to cast fire/blizzard while strafing I get 90k'd out of the server... This is infuriating.

Logged in to Ultros fine this morning. Let's hope today and tomorrow are better than the last couple of days have been.

I just tried logging in right now, got through fine, no queues or anything.
It'll be congested once NA starts playing though.

Also, tomorrow will be a clusterfuck.

I just tried logging in right now, got through fine, no queues or anything.
It'll be congested once NA starts playing though.

Also, tomorrow will be a clusterfuck.

Pretty much. Get in early enough when there's not a whole lot of load, and everything will work fine. Try later along with everyone else... not so good.

Tomorrow? I'm wondering what'll happen tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom