• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whogie

(Sorry, I've skimmed but didn't see anything relevant.)

I have 1.0 CE and Legacy, but I've never received an email about early access. Are all the emails out yet? Is there something I need to do?

Chucker

I have 1.0 CE and Legacy, but I've never received an email about early access. Are all the emails out yet? Is there something I need to do?

Also, could this be related to the fact that the new SE website ate all my game registrations?
8vl3i5C.png

Has anybody been able to use the early access/cait sith minion/moogle hat code yet? I keep getting error 3.

Ken

Where do you go to see what games you have registered?

Oh, I found it but it says I don't have XIV registered?

Animekatt

I have everything you have, and have not seen an email about early access. I'm assuming that you're good to go. Just have to log in on Saturday.

Khrno

Also, could this be related to the fact that the new SE website ate all my game registrations?
8vl3i5C.png

Yes, FFVII killed ARR.

UrSuLeTzU

So does anyone have an answer to why some people were not seeing "Early Access" in the list of items after they registered their 20 character codes.

I've scanned the past eight pages and maybe missed whether or not it will be an issue if I did not see Early Access listed.

OK, I got the 20 digit code but when I select the service this comes up: "Code registration currently unavailable." Should I just wait until it becomes available?

Question about GC/FC: I know the difference, but when it comes to PVP, what determines the Company you're fighting for? I'm thinking you choose GC(Personal Choice) because its apart of your story line, but when your FC Leader chooses the Company for your FC, that's the Company you fight for when it comes to PVP.

Do I have this right? Can someone explain this better? Thanks!

Soroc

Yay! Got my code registered and ready to go.

I'll prolly end up having to change my last name on the GAF guildsite as I used the preorder code on my old 1.0 account and won't be able to delete my 3102 character from the other account I was using since it doesn't have early access. Glad I didn't level that one too far due to 3102!

Agreed, for 8 man content in 1.0 it wasn't uncommon to have 2 healers and I doubt things will change for ARR, I hope that SCH will be comparable to WHM in terms of healing and mitigation.

Especially considering duty finder could end up giving you two SCH's.

Same. I think Scholar will be comparable to WHM if you factor in their mitigation abilities like the AOE -10% damage buff and the shields their healing spells apply to players. WHMs will have stronger single target and AOE heals probably, but SCH will do more mitigation based spells which will equal out in a long battle, I think.

I understand where you guys are coming from, but this seems like DCUO again. In terms of Healing.. Nature is WHM and Sorcery is SCH.

Soroc

I understand where you guys are coming from, but this seems like DCUO again. In terms of Healing.. Nature is WHM and Sorcery is SCH.

I'm guessing WHM will be major tank healing and SCH will be more group healing? If so that will make great synergy in full parties. Can SCH also cure poison like WHM? In light parties I guess it won't matter as both healing classes will be able to handle them on their own.

Rektash

Finally got my code registered as well. It seems to have worked fine but is there any way to double check if it worked? Haven't gotten an email yet. I did input the 20 digit code into the web form and added the preorder code there.

Nags

Banned
It's nothing short of a miracle they even got this to run on PS3. Was impressed to find that it is totally playable. Even FFXI was an amazing feat on PS2. Although there are many problems with that version that have never been fixed. The 360 version (while looking better than PS2) ended up with some of the worst issues.

meep!

Neo Member
Has there ever been any mention of adding more character customization such as different specs with some sort of talent/trait tree?

I think that's my biggest issue with the game is that there doesn't seen to be alot of ways to build a unique character. Sure you have several skills from other classes but that is still not very customizble.
Right now your characters progression feel pretty linear in that regard. I'd love to see them adding some way to spec so that skills maybe give additional benefits or effects, getting different passive abilities and so on.

Khrno

6451 MB but keep in mind you'll need more than that for the footprint. I had to delete a game to download it putting me around 12 GB free.

Remember that although the current client will carry to the early access/release, it should have a big patch that will probably go live on Friday.

Zomba13

Why is there no fresh start EU GAF server? Just because most of us don't get a Xbox One doesn't mean we don't count.

Odin's where it's at for me. I'll zantetsuken every instance as CNJ.

I thought all fresh starts (EU and NA) were going to Ultros.

Khrno

Has there ever been any mention of adding more character customization such as different specs with some sort of talent/trait tree?

I think that's my biggest issue with the game is that there doesn't seen to be alot of ways to build a unique character. Sure you have several skills from other classes but that is still not very customizble.
Right now your characters progression feel pretty linear in that regard. I'd love to see them adding some way to spec so that skills maybe give additional benefits or effects, getting different passive abilities and so on.

There will be nothing like that.

demonkaze

So I already have the PC 1.0 CE and i'm legacy so i'm already guaranteed Early Access however I still want the physical CE of ARR. As I can't seem to find any PC versions anywhere, if I get the PS3 version will linking it to my account affect my services/early access in anyway?

If not then i'll just get the PS3 version, can't hurt to have another platform available for it.

Animekatt

Man I hope they add some of the under utilized summons like Quezacotl, and have Doomtrain appear on the tracks in Thanalan under certain conditions.

Khrno

Oh did they remove the model for waist equipment for the PC version? Or is that just PS3?

Yes, waist items won't show up on your character anymore. Every body piece has it's own respective waist model attached to it, regardless of what you actually have equipped in that waist slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom