• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

edotlee

Hey edotlee, here's a couple of Dragoon avatars if you wanna use one of them:

earvcunanan-transpare9msln.png
earvcunanan-transpared3s67.png

GAF user Coreda made them for me since I was going to use it, but since you have a Dragoon as your avatar I'll just give them to you.

Thank you :)

Scrawnton

I got 1017d all day yesterday. If I can't play today, I will be contemplating returning my ps3 copy to amazon. I refuse to pay for a game I'm blocked from playing.

elohel

You should do the Story quests and your class quests (at the Marauder's guild.) so you'll eventually unlock more content. Once you can use airships and can travel between states you're pretty much free to do what you want.

WHAAAT really?

I guess I'm just confused with the structure

Ffxi was mostly kinda like a single player campaign that just had ranking and some quests then it was all dungeon stuff right? crafting on the side?

it's different than that?

Shouta

Materia question. If you're a crafter you can set materia into *any* item?

Crafters can only set materia into items that have materia slots and items that belong to their trade. So Goldsmiths can only set to rings, gorgets, etc. Weavers can do it to clothing, etc.

what is armor AF ?

AF is Artifact or the classic Final Fantasy armors. The crafters have a unique piece of gear or so too as I recall.

Qvoth

so... guys, for those that are not in early access, can you update your client? i know there was a 1gb update few days ago? been trying to update the last few days, it kept bringing me to the mogstation page thing

also, do you have problems logging into the lodestone (non early access people)? it kept saying i haven't created any characters yet when i already have done so

Timeaisis

So are the servers better today? I was only able to play a few hours this weekend. Hoping to get a few more after I come back home from work.

Richard Epcar, the voice actor for many characters (most notably Ansem from Kingdom Hearts II onwards) says that he is in "the new Final Fantasy"

k7hgOyX.png

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Richard-Epcar/262158857136489?hc_location=stream

Does he mean FFXIV, LR, or XV? If he means XV, localization must be further along than we thought

He's totally Gaius in XIV and he's an announcer in SR4. I'm surprised he couldn't announce it before? But yeah, he's super easy to place if you know his voice.

OMG I finally received my Early Access code. 2 days later... I already owned 1.0 so i only bought it for early access. 30 bucks for one day early. ah well. So i guess most of GAF is on Ultros? any other less populated servers with a good GAF presence??

Seijuro

Got kicked out after completing sastasha yesterday evening (after waiting 6 hours until the game would let me enter Shiva in the first place). logged back in the morning before work to cash the quest in, everything working perfectly fine.
Now it's evening and the world is full again and I should try it later.

Wish I could hate the game for it, but I really, really love it. the look, music, atmosphere. really excited for when the game is out of the starting phase and we can login without problems...

Teknoman

I know Yoshi apologized and everything, but it would have been nice if he said what they were going to do to ensure everything works alot better this evening/tomorrow at launch, instead of just "certain lobby servers had been improperly configured".

Not really comforting that he's still sticking to the restricting log in because of heavy server load. Wont the load just get worse as more people come into the game?

Shouta

Well guess I won't be setting materia then.

What craft are you doing?

Also, you can have your friends attempt a materia meld for you, so there isn't a need for you to level the craft up yourself unless you want to.

How do I get this armor? Are there requirements? I haven't done any crafting and want to just buy a classic dragoon set

AFs for the Jobs are earned through a quest at level 50 or so. It's fairly easy now and tuned for solo play. 3 of the pieces are go here and fight your way to an item box I think, assuming the Monk scheme is the same. The other two are subsequent quests.

For anyone messaging me for FC invites, I'm not actually there. I logged my character on for later but I'm still at work for another 4-5 hours. There should be other officers on right now that you can ask though.

Kokonoe

Banned
Is Warrior a bad DPS? or what kind of role does it fulfill?

I'm planning to go back to Gridania (once I get to lv10) to run to you two so we can finally get this party started!

Try to get to 15 actually since apparently that's what people in this thread said to get to. Also, I think the airship starts at 15.

Hey, if anyone on Ultros feels like throwing me an invite i'm on finally :) Had some family health/internet problems but all is well and i can finally get playing/mining. Mostly mining.

Edit: Peko Pois'beli

Ferrio

Banned
What craft are you doing?

Also, you can have your friends attempt a materia meld for you, so there isn't a need for you to level the craft up yourself unless you want to..

Cooking.

I was planning on lvling another craft to 18 or something if it could meld to any piece.

qq more

Try to get to 15 actually since apparently that's what people in this thread said to get to. Also, I think the airship starts at 15.

Fortunately I don't need an airship to get to Gridania since I can easily just travel on foot from Ul'dah.

But yeah, I'll try to get to LV15 anyways I suppose.

Aeana

Great time to be having home internet problems.
I feel like there's always something preventing me from playing this game.

Shouta

Cooking.

I was planning on lvling another craft to 18 or something if it could meld to any piece.

Oh, yeah. You can't then, lol. You can ask someone to meld for you then and you can specialize in food.

I think you can only meld items equivalent to your level or lower. So a 30 Blacksmith can only meld BS items lower than 30. So just 18 in other trades doesn't really work out. Higher level crafts also mean you can repair items for cheaper, at least when dark matter is very cheap.

Warrior is a (AOE) tank and an off-DPS. It deals damage but the other DPS jobs will get more punch on the whole.

This cooperbell mines story quest. All day since 12[6 hours ago] I have been standing out side waiting for a party of for the Duty finder to match me with people but nope. Still there...still waiting..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom