• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

I would be very surprised if that was the case. The Warrior is built around Defiance, which nerfs your DPS by a very high amount while boosting your HP and providing damage reduction. Without that stance on, they do a tremendous amount of single-target and AoE damage. Gladiators don't come close and neither do most DPS for that matter.

Wouldn't surprise me in a tanking situation but it'd really have to be test/parse.Non tanking situation would probably favor the Warrior because they wouldn't need to use Defiance.

GLA/PLD gets a couple of pretty decent DD skills FoF gives a 30% damage bonus and is a short timer. It should be the same as Rampart (i.e. 90 seconds, I think?) but it seems sites list it at 180. I used both at the same time all weekend and it always was ready together.

Anyway, Sword Oath is a bonus to auto-attacks which is really good because swords don't take as long to swing. Shield Swipe is pretty potent from the looks of it, for a single attack.

It'd be interesting to see how it works out.

Desi

This cooperbell mines story quest. All day since 12[6 hours ago] I have been standing out side waiting for a party of for the Duty finder to match me with people but nope. Still there...still waiting..
Do something while you wait (except checking mail lol above). I try and finish up quests and hunting logs when I have it open. Very glad I leveled ARC, CNJ, and GLD to 16+. Never stress about which job to take in duty groups. But when tank gear drops and I am on CNJ I get sad...

WolvenOne

I think, sucky as it is, they should have implemented a queue for the instanced story quests.

Might be less of a problem later on, once more people are near the end game and won't need to enter into instances constantly to move the story forward. A lot of people will be spending their time camping fates then.

Salaadin

Sure people should probably log out to be fair, but your reasoning doesnt make any sense, how do, say 100 people logged in but AFK make make the server any more or less stable than 100 people logged in doing stuff. Logically the latter should in fact be more destablising.

Lets say the server is capped at 200 people.
Player 201 wants in but cant because 10 people are idling
One of those people logs out instead, dropping the server count to 199, making space for player 201 to join,

I think thats the reasoning. Its not wrong, to be honest, but I also cant blame a single person for logging on and idling while they are at work so that theyre on when they get home.

If we are going to say "dont idle while you are at work", then we should also be able to say "if you played during the day, log out at night so that others can play".

Both make sense. Neither will happen.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
The rest of the community that can't log in because of you and people like you, give thanks

To be fair, if Square had just implemented something to kick idle people, like every other mmo ever made, this wouldn't be happening. Hard to blame players when not logging out is the only way to guarantee you can play.

i bought my game from gmg

I entered the first key they gave me to get the preorder key

I put that in and got early access/everything

should I be expecting a 3rd key or am I good?

Also working nights sucks 99% of the time but getting home at 8 AM on a monday when the servers are stable is pretty nice

Teknoman

So what would be the most likely course of action to get this fixed before tomorrow? Add a couple more servers and offer free transfers, or just up the server capacity (if thats possible)?

I logged out before I left for work, because

-I wasn't going to be playing
-Electricity's not free
-PS3's an old timer

I was fortunate enough to be able to play all weekend, save for the maintenance periods. If I can't get in tonight, then I'll play something else.

Berordn

i bought my game from gmg

I entered the first key they gave me to get the preorder key

I put that in and got early access/everything

should I be expecting a 3rd key or am I good?

You'll be getting a 3rd key that's your actual license key. The key you got and redeemed to get a key to redeem another key was exclusively for early access/pre-order bonuses.

robertoci

Hi guys, haven't read through all of the thread so I don't know if this has already been answered but I pre-ordered the game back in June and i'm yet to receive a code, has anyone else had this problem?

p.s. I can not get around the layout of the FF XIV site either uuurgh

Do something while you wait (except checking mail lol above). I try and finish up quests and hunting logs when I have it open. Very glad I leveled ARC, CNJ, and GLD to 16+. Never stress about which job to take in duty groups. But when tank gear drops and I am on CNJ I get sad...

Already done quests around it. I'm pretty sure the Duty finder is not working for dungeons. I had the same experience with the forest one and the pirate one. In the end with those two I had to wait outside of entrance and get a party invite.

Teknoman

Hi guys, haven't read through all of the thread so I don't know if this has already been answered but I pre-ordered the game back in June and i'm yet to receive a code, has anyone else had this problem?

p.s. I can not get around the layout of the FF XIV site either uuurgh

Where did you preorder it?

Tarazet

I logged off for now. My party just got wiped twice in copperbell mines. What's the best way to deal with the main boss in that dungeon

For Kottos, you burn down adds and then tank the boss.. not that complicated. Ichorous Ire is what wipes parties.. don't kill the bombs. Hit them with a small attack, let them blow up and GTFO of their blast zone. For Gyges, leave the tank on the boss and have DPS kill the adds before they tunnel through the wall.

For Kottos, you burn down adds and then tank the boss.. not that complicated. Ichorous Ire is what wipes parties.. don't kill the bombs. Hit them with a small attack, let them blow up and GTFO of their blast zone. For Gyges, leave the tank on the boss and have DPS kill the adds before they tunnel through the wall.

Figures. I just didn't have a good enough tank well that's what the duty finder gave me

NeOak

I logged out before I left for work, because

-I wasn't going to be playing
-Electricity's not free
-PS3's an old timer

I was fortunate enough to be able to play all weekend, save for the maintenance periods. If I can't get in tonight, then I'll play something else.

You would have found a hole on the floor when you got home from work lol

WolvenOne

I logged off for now. My party just got wiped twice in copperbell mines. What's the best way to deal with the main boss in that dungeon

In my experience, Tank mainly tackles the boss, DPS handle the adds, healer supports. Positioning is important though, because the Tank is likely going to need to help with the Adds, in order to keep them from breaking the second wall and letting more adds in. So aggro the boss and lure him close enough to the where the Add's are heading that the tank can switch quickly between attacking the Boss and the adds. If all DPS and the Tank are focusing on the Add, you should be able to dispatch the adds within thirty seconds and quickly get back to destroying the boss.

Also, assign one DPS to handle Limit Breaks if you can, and have them attack the Boss with it once its HP starts dipping below a third or fourth.

No crashing here but i am using 320.49 via nvidia experience.

I don't use beta drivers so maybe that's the issue?

I had the issues on the non-beta WHQL drivers as did a lot of others according to their support forums during beta. I have a GTX 670 and it seems to mostly effect the 600 series cards. No other games have any issues.

The odd thing is that I have another identical PC build with the exact same configuration and drivers and it has never black screened or crashed since beta.

WarMacheen

To be fair, if Square had just implemented something to kick idle people, like every other mmo ever made, this wouldn't be happening. Hard to blame players when not logging out is the only way to guarantee you can play.

I agree, Aion had this exact same problem before implementing an AFK timer. Aion had ques that lasted literally, days. SE will eventually do this, but should have been done from the start to help alleviate the problem of full worlds and ques. I do blame players that do this as they think their game time is more important than that of another player. Regardless of the excuse, if someone is logged in for hours while not even playing, they are taking a spot away from a potential player that could actually be doing something. Servers at the moment are obviously limited to the number of people logged in, not the number of people actively playing.

frequency

I agree, Aion had this exact same problem before implementing an AFK timer. SE will eventually do this, but should have been done from the start to help alleviate the problem. I do blame players that do this as they think their game time is more important than that of another player. Regardless of the excuse, if someone is logged in for hours while not even playing, they are taking a spot away from a potential player that could actually be doing something. Servers at the moment are obviously limited to the number of people logged in, not the number of people actively playing.

I agree.
I was thinking this as I was reading some of the posts and then came to yours.

Pachimari

Doesn't sound great for us PS3 players if there's a queue and it would be best to never log out, so that our consoles are turned on at all times. I won't do that.

I'm so excited to receive my copy tomorrow.

LtOrange

I am used to buggy mmo launches but this one is leaving such a bad impression. I have gone from a definite 90 day sub to a wait and see. They seem have no idea what they are doing and it is beyond annoying. I wish they would just take down the servers and FIX the issue, but that seems to be asking a lot.

Cmagus

Called customer support it gives busy tone they must have left the phones off the hook due to the amount of calls they are getting lol.

Scrawnton

Wait, let me get this straight.. The servers are locking players out because SE did not develop an auto kick feature in their game?

So there could be 5,000 people trying to access a server and 10,000 people who have been afk (probably at work) for over a couple hours and those people are hogging the server while we try to play?

If this is the case, I'm going to return my copy once it gets delivered from amazon. This is so fucking elementary. I'm not waiting for SE to fix their shit just to be able to play the game..

WolvenOne

Bit of a long term graphics card question.

I'm running the game on a Radeon HD 7870 right now, which usually gets me 60ish frames per second on Desktop High, but drops during exceptionally busy scenes.

I've been planning to buy a second 7870 sometime late this year, or early next year, and setting up a Crossfire configuration. However, FFXIV is a Direct X 9 game, and Crossfire apparently doesn't like those very much. It'll of course be upgrading to a Direct X 11 client sometime next year, but of course Direct X 11 is a bit more demanding on cards than Direct X 9.

So, I'm just looking for opinions here. Should I go ahead and set up a Crossfire rig once the game upgrades to DX11, or should I simply start looking for a beefier Single GPU solution?

Called customer support it gives busy tone they must have left the phones off the hook due to the amount of calls they are getting lol.

I feel sorry for their CS guys. Undoubtedly getting bitched at for something they have nothing to do with and no control over.

It would be interesting to seem some numbers or percentages on people who've been incident free vs. people who've had problems, and whether legacy/beta 4 characters are less prone to issues than brand new characters or not.

I feel like if they had a fix, or knew what to do, it would have been done Friday or Saturday when all servers were down for maintenance. But instead, they were brought back up and now some people have enjoyed their pre-order bonus head start while others have not. I know its hard to give a refund for a pre-order but I would prefer to just:
have everyone be able to play at launch.

Cmagus

I feel sorry for their CS guys. Undoubtedly getting bitched at for something they have nothing to do with and no control over.

It would be interesting to seem some numbers or percentages on people who've been incident free vs. people who've had problems, and whether legacy/beta 4 characters are less prone to issues than brand new characters or not.

No doubt I couldn't imagine the calls they are probably in the corner right now rocking back and fourth.

Scrawnton

I played beta4 all last weekend with no problems. I was not able to log on once yesterday because the servers being full. I wasn't able to even see a queue.

WolvenOne

Wait, let me get this straight.. The servers are locking players out because SE did not develop an auto kick feature in their game?

So there could be 5,000 people trying to access a server and 10,000 people who have been afk (probably at work) for over a couple hours and those people are hogging the server while we try to play?

If this is the case, I'm going to return my copy once it gets delivered from amazon. This is so fucking elementary. I'm not waiting for SE to fix their shit just to be able to play the game..

Thats your right of course. Gotta say though, seems a bit rash, seeing as most the issues are likely to disappear within a week. Queues and such during the first week of an MMO's release are, kinda typical.

Edit: The Queue was disabled yesterday, which was kinda foolish on Square's part but, thats why you didn't see one.

Eusis

Isn't it better to wait until launch day to start complaining about not getting pre-order bonuses, or am I missing something here? I recall someone saying logging out then logging in should get you the items, so I think they might just be rolling them out gradually or something.

was ff14 1.0 launch this bad?

well, the game itself wasn't as fun to play, so there weren't as many people trying to get on. Plus, while there may not have been errors, dcs, lockouts, etc like we are seeing now, the lag to do anything in the game was quite brutal (literally seconds to perform transactions with NPCs, for example)

KePoW

Banned
I have absolutely nothing good to say about the AFKers. Why shouldn't they be kicked? If they haven't moved in one hour, they should be booted.

"Saving a spot" on the server is not an excuse, that's just selfishness.

Salaadin

was ff14 1.0 launch this bad?

I was able to consistently log in for FFXIV 1.0s launch. Even through the early access period. It was mostly fine for me.

The gameplay, however, was shitty shit.

I wonder why they didnt handle early access this time the same way they did before. CEs only, and CEs shipped a week early to ensure that only CE players got on for it.

Scrawnton

Thats your right of course. Gotta say though, seems a bit rash, seeing as most the issues are likely to disappear within a week. Queues and such during the first week of an MMO's release are, kinda typical.
If the game comes with a free month, then I'm not activating it until its fixed. That's less rash.

I agree, Aion had this exact same problem before implementing an AFK timer. Aion had ques that lasted literally, days. SE will eventually do this, but should have been done from the start to help alleviate the problem of full worlds and ques. I do blame players that do this as they think their game time is more important than that of another player. Regardless of the excuse, if someone is logged in for hours while not even playing, they are taking a spot away from a potential player that could actually be doing something. Servers at the moment are obviously limited to the number of people logged in, not the number of people actively playing.

Im going to assume this is related to 11s method of "plant your character down here and sell your own items from your inventory while you're afk" for player ran shops

Like they said they didn't kick anyone out because of that so why kick anyone out this time?

Also I played for 5 hours then logged the fuck out because that was very pleasant and I don't want anyone else to get screwed because I want to be a shit head about getting a slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom