• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teletraan1

Banned
This World is Full is about the most inelegant solution they could possibly come up with. I would rather be put in a queue and get in when its my turn. This way just sucks especially since you know they have the ability to queue you up. In fact last night I was in queue to be told that the world was full.

Ferrio

Banned
This World is Full is about the most inelegant solution they could possibly come up with. I would rather be put in a queue and get in when its my turn. This way just sucks especially since you know they have the ability to queue you up. In fact last night I was in queue to be told that the world was full.

They should of emulated another oldschool FF game (5?) into the queue. And you can play it until your queue pops.

To be fair, if Square had just implemented something to kick idle people, like every other mmo ever made, this wouldn't be happening. Hard to blame players when not logging out is the only way to guarantee you can play.

Oh yea. I agree. It boggles my mind they don't have an afk-kick feature. Should be a given considering just about every mmo on the market does this for idle players...

WolvenOne

I suspect their Queue is sort of a waiting line for the Login Server to address you. So it's not really a Queue for the game itself.

You're right, that is inelegant and needs to be fixed. Though, and I hate to beat a dead horse here, the people sitting idle on the servers aren't helping matters any here!

qq more

The FATEs so far has been rather good for me. Nothing overpowered and I can just hop in and kick ass. Went from LV5 to LV7 in a matter of 10 minutes. Woo!

They should of emulated another oldschool FF game (5?) into the queue. And you can play it until your queue pops.

That would be rather cool especially for me! I've never actually played much of the FF games before.

WolvenOne

Oh yea. I agree. It boggles my mind they don't have an afk-kick feature. Should be a given considering just about every mmo on the market does this for idle players...

Yeah, and I'll go one step further, and suggest that when and if Square does implement such a feature, they should have it off by default, until the servers start nearing capacity.

So, once the server fills up, bam, everybody who's idle for 15-30 minutes gets booted.

Vodh

Got my preorder items, yay! Tho I'm still waiting for the CE items :<

In other news, could anyone test this? If I'm strafing around while casting spells on my Thaumaturge, when I try to start casting spells when I'm running and spam a few spells like that, I can get error 90k pretty consistently. Happened to me about 8 times so far, which is pretty much all the testing I can stomach for now with the logins swarmed.

Eyothrie

I bought the PC download from Amazon and have been playing via early access. I assume that what I am playing right now is the full game. A couple of questions:

1) what happens if I cancel my preorder? Again, I'm playing via early access right now.

2) when and how do I get billed? SE does not have any payment method from me

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Can't get in. Again.

It's a school/work day in the middle of the afternoon. How is the server full?
School's out on the east coast, I think.

I bought the PC download from Amazon and have been playing via early access. I assume that What I am playing right now is the full game. A couple of questions:

1) what happens if I cancel my preorder? Again, I'm playing via early access right now.

The early access code you are using is only good until Thursday I think. After that you'll need to enter in the game key to get your one free month of access. You can find the game key in your Amazon order history.

I bought the PC download from Amazon and have been playing via early access. I assume that what I am playing right now is the full game. A couple of questions:

I don't know ab the first one but as for billing, eventually we'll be able to set up payment plans in mog station during the next few weeks. If no payment schedule is chosen for your account you won't be able to log in and play.

HooYaH

Not quite sure, my application to the guild is accepted on Ultros, do I need to msg one of the people on the OP to get invited to the guild?

Not quite sure, my application to the guild is accepted on Ultros, do I need to msg one of the people on the OP to get invited to the guild?

We can only invite people when they are online so you will need to send a /tell to one of the officers for an invite once you are in the game. We will confirm your application and/or GAF account status and send the invite.

I think it's kind of silly that, while I bought FFXIV and subscribed for two months, I don't get into to the early access program because I didn't subscribe for three.

My box copy of FFXIV will still be valid for when this goes live, even though I'm not legacy, correct?

So, my friend is thinking of purchasing this game. Problem is her laptop is lacking and her benchmark scores aren't great, so another possibility is the PS3 version.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the digital CE on PS3? Does Gamestop sell it like they do the PC version?

So, my friend is thinking of purchasing this game. Problem is her laptop is lacking and her benchmark scores aren't great, so another possibility is the PS3 version.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the digital CE on PS3? Does Gamestop sell it like they do the PC version?

Just check the PSN store on the ps3 or PC. I'm not entirely sure if they do.

Skilletor

I have PTSD from FFXI

I ran into these:

i0WzslZEBNBPN.png~original

I saw them and immediately turned around to run. In my head I could hear the level down sound. Then I realized I wasn't being chased, and they were just chillin'. Cooking. Probably talking about how whack not having a home to live in is.

I didn't care. I killed them all.

Vengeance.

HeavensSword

Neo Member
Anyone know if or when they are doing Server Transfers? I'm on Leviathan and i'm pretty sure it's at capacity. I have some friends who aren't able to create a new character on my server, so I was thinking about transferring to a lower pop world.

smr00

Banned
I had the issues on the non-beta WHQL drivers as did a lot of others according to their support forums during beta. I have a GTX 670 and it seems to mostly effect the 600 series cards. No other games have any issues.

The odd thing is that I have another identical PC build with the exact same configuration and drivers and it has never black screened or crashed since beta.
I'm using a GTX 660 and still no problems.

Are they using the same driver as me? older? newer?

frequency

I think it's kind of silly that, while I bought FFXIV and subscribed for two months, I don't get into to the early access program because I didn't subscribe for three.

My box copy of FFXIV will still be valid for when this goes live, even though I'm not legacy, correct?

Yes. You will be able to download FFXIV ARR and play until (including) September 9 for free. Subscription after that.

Shouta

Think of it as your DPS stance. When tanking you will normally be using Shield Oath.

Depends on situation. If you're not taking as much damage, then Sword Oath is a pretty viable choice. Assuming the aggro works like in XI or other games, Then an increased amount of damage can be beneficial vs just enmity and damage reduction.

That's assuming the systems work the same way.

wow people already got to pld?

is there not much grind in this game?

Well i guess i did kinda get gld to 16 in the 4 hours i got to play in beta 4, so i guess it shouldn't be too hard.

curious how hard its to level up a conjurer after you do all the quests about on your first class.

I assume they are easy to find groups for.

Correct. You have a free copy of the game and only have to pay to subscribe. You will have to download a whole new game client (still free) though.

Mario007

Just want to ask, would the early access codes still work in the EU and will early access shut down when the game officially release or can you just play on till you get your copy in the post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom