• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just left Gridania and done the quest to meet the leaders of the other two towns. Now I want to do the local quests at Ul'dah, but how do I start this off? There's no quests anywhere as far as I can see. The Adventurers Guild has nothing other than the Leves.

And when I try to make a Retainer it tells me to ask for quests at the Adventurers guild because I don't look "like I could slay an Eft", even though I've cleared Gridanias quests up to the Airship bit. Even when I ask at the retainer stand in Gridania it now tells me to visit the Adventurers guild.

Shouta

There's a difference between massive running around and progressing a storyline slowly (FFXI did this) and running around doing menial tasks that have no relation to what is going on in the story.

No, there isn't a difference because you don't know where the story is going yet. A lot of the missions in early XI were menial tasks that lead nowhere at the time but made more sense when everything was revealed. I mean the first few bastok missions in XI had you gathering random doll pats from Beastmen and Lizard Eggs. That's some menial stuff. Zilart had you hit all the dumb headstones early on, for example.

I'm using a GTX 660 and still no problems.

Are they using the same driver as me? older? newer?

I'm using 326.80 right now but it's a known issue with about every driver from 320.xx.. If you check around there are lots of people having this issue. There are threads on Reddit, the official forums, and other places.

Timeaisis

Just got my game code from GMG. I'm gonna continue with early access until it's completely over. No sense paying for this in it's current state.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I actually really like the way the duty system let's me play with a party instantly since I'm pretty antisocial in these things. I have a feeling a lot of people appreciate it.

HBroward

Just got my CE key from GMG, and got it all registered on the Mog Station site. Went ahead and did a 3 month sub for the Veteran rewards.

Go here(NA):
http://sqex.to/FFXIVRedeemCodeNA

Then select add service platform once you have signed in. DO NOT CREATE A NEW SERVICE ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR CURRENT CHARACTERS!

Shouta

Oh well guess I'll roll a die to see where I go.

It's mostly a color swap but there'll be some differences.

For example, this set is just the colors, mostly. The other pieces have minor variations as well.

2515077-0998196447-ibd5G.png

med_gallery_317_103_296154.jpg

med_gallery_797_151_104391.jpg

I actually really like the way the duty system let's me play with a party instantly since I'm pretty antisocial in these things. I have a feeling a lot of people appreciate it.

Personally, I think DF is a godsend. It lets you get things done while you wait, for a party instead of shouting and being locked in one spot, or searching for players, and you can still meet people and make connections. I think the variety factor will actually become very important once server "personalities" become known and people get tired of seeing the same faces-although granted, that won't be for quite some time.

Also, has anyone who ordered the PS3 CE from Square Enix/Digital River received it yet? I'm wondering if the item codes are packed in, or if the early access code was enough to unlock them.

Ok so I couldn't log on to ultros yesterday and just got home from work and still can't. What? Is ultros gonna be full forever? Wtf? Should I just change servers already? I'm getting rely pissed off now.

Baleoce

Personally, I think DF is a godsend. It lets you get things done while you wait, for a party instead of shouting and being locked in one spot, or searching for players, and you can still meet people and make connections. I think the variety factor will actually become very important once server "personalities" become known and people get tired of seeing the same faces-although granted, that won't be for quite some time.

Yeah it really is a godsend. I'm not the same person with the same amount of time I had when I played XI. That playstyle is just not feasible for me any more.

DrDogg

Ok so I couldn't log on to ultros yesterday and just got home from work and still can't. What? Is ultros gonna be full forever? Wtf? Should I just change servers already? I'm getting rely pissed off now.

Between yesterday and today I've tied to log in for three sessions. The first time yesterday morning it took me maybe 30 minutes to get in. The last two times it took me no more than 15 minutes. You just have to keep trying.

Teknoman

Oh c'mon. I alt-tab to check something, FFXIV crashes, and now im on "server full" : /

And i know XIV supports alt tabbing/windows now.

EDIT: Doesnt Duty Finder pull people from other servers though as well?

Yoshi said this is their temporary solution to manage server congestion. They're not going to queue in players right now, just give people the 1017 error instead. Best thing to do is to keep trying or check back at night time. It sucks but that's how it is for now.

Soooooo, I registered my GMG code and now I have two separate service accounts in the Mog Station--one whose account type is "none" and the second, new one being "Collector's Edition (Windows)". When I boot up the game, it asks me which service account I want to use; one has the character I've been using, the other does not.

Did I somehow manage to mess up registering my code?

EDIT: Welp, just realized what happened. Thanks for having a poorly-organized site, Square-Enix.

Einbroch

Banned
1017 on Gilgamesh.

Is this one of those errors that I have to completely back out of the client to get back in, or can I leave it on the launcher?

StMeph

Yoshi said this is their temporary solution to manage server congestion. They're not going to queue in players right now, just give people the 1017 error instead. Best thing to do is to keep trying or check back at night time. It sucks but that's how it is for now.

....that's not a solution.

Can someone by the way explain how to do a limit break as a caster. I hotkey'd it and pressed the button for it then a purple marker came up but nothing ever activated.

I'm pretty sure this issue is not just specific to Ultros but is the case for all NA/EU servers.

Einbroch

Banned

Worst solution ever.

I'd rather be kicked every hour or so and sit in a queue than this shit.

If I changed my mind and wanted to get the digital CE from Amazon would I have to cancel and reorder? Or is it too late? Seeimg those mounts kinda got to me..

I just got home, turned on my ps3, booted the game and pressed x for 10 minutes while reading gaf on my iphone. I got into ultros. Any of you hip cats want to play I'm sad panda on the ultros server. Moon frog was my main during closed beta ill probably make him again on a different server

It's a little ridiculous they don't have a working queue in this day and age. Having to spam through the menu and try to log into your character over and over with a random chance of getting in is incredibly unfriendly to users.

Just give me a queue, tell me what place I'm in, what the estimated time to connect will be, and then automatically log me in when it's my turn.

It's a GTAOE so you have to place the target down and activate it.

GTAOE? I had that problem too.

Mogstation says it can't be used to manage PS3 accounts (thank Squarebama), but is there some account manager on PS3? I registered the preorder code and items, but on Mogstation it shows me only having 4 days left and no subscription...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom