• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

It's a little ridiculous they don't have a working queue in this day and age. Having to spam through the menu and try to log into your character over and over with a random chance of getting in is incredibly unfriendly to users.

Just give me a queue, tell me what place I'm in, what the estimated time to connect will be, and then automatically log me in when it's my turn.
Agreed, I don't even care if the queue is two hours long. At least then I could go and do other things with the promise/guarantee that I'll be able to log in at a later time [unless the servers go down for whatever reason].

Having no queue makes the whole thing a lot more frustrating than they need to be.

It's a GTAOE so you have to place the target down and activate it.

OOoooooohhhhh

Do people use GTAOE in FFXI/FFXIV ??? What about PBAOE?

I used to get funny looks when I said those things in WoW :p

For people that dont know:

GTAOE = Ground Target Area of Effect
PBAOE = Point Blank Area of Effect

Stoof

Had stuff going on yesterday and today so I haven't played (though it doesn't sound like I would've been able to anyway). What's the current status on servers and instances?

So I mistakenly used my registration code to enter it as a new service account instead of adding it to my existing one (where my preorder code is). Is there a way I can cancel that and use the same code on my service account with the preorder items?

got my gmg code... to redeem or not until shit is less fucked... how good is SE with giving back time for when servers or w/e is fucked for a long time for their mmos?

Shouta

OOoooooohhhhh

Do people use GTAOE in FFXI/FFXIV ??? What about PBAOE?

I used to get funny looks when I said those things in WoW :p

For people that dont know:

GTAOE = Ground Target Area of Effect
PBAOE = Point Blank Area of Effect

No one used GTAOE in XI.

HBroward

I think there is just an error with the site displaying the characters due to the server load, they may have turned it off for NA servers. As long as you see your early access codes on the account you should be fine. JUST DO NOT ADD A NEW SERVICE ACCOUNT. We need to get that in the thread title now, so many people have been screwed over already due to vague site wording.

Will ultros accept legacy members down the road for the linkshell? ( I know not now, but what about a few months later) , or should I go fully to sargatanas (currently have a non legacy character there).

Thanks.

fleck0

got my gmg code... to redeem or not until shit is less fucked... how good is SE with giving back time for when servers or w/e is fucked for a long time for their mmos?

I'm waiting on it, like HBroward said a lot of people seem to be having issues with Mog station and I wouldn't want to be on the waiting list for a support ticket this week.

Ikon

So I ran my first dungeon today and it was anything but smooth. I'm playing on ps3 and I've been having lag constantly from the get go. In the dungeon however this led to some interesting problems. For the entire run I never got to actually see my group. All I had to navigate by were two arcanist pets (good thing I was tanking and they were good at keeping up...) and the group chat. They said I was lagging all over the place and appeared as link dead through most of it. Fun times.

Is this to be expected while playing on ps3?

So I ran my first dungeon today and it was anything but smooth. I'm playing on ps3 and I've been having lag constantly from the get go. In the dungeon however this led to some interesting problems. For the entire run I never got to actually see my group. All I had to navigate by were two arcanist pets (good thing I was tanking and they were good at keeping up...) and the group chat. They said I was lagging all over the place and appeared as link dead through most of it. Fun times.

Is this to be expected while playing on ps3?

That has more to do with your individual connections. I haven't had any PS3-specific lag problems.

For the record, mogstation only shows my characters on the JP servers too. The forum and the lodestone see all of them.

I'm guessing it's just not pulling data from the NA/EU servers correctly.

Timeaisis

At least wait till tomorrow. Early access can still be used till then, I believe. Maybe even the 29th, if the rumors are indeed true.

IceIpor

You know, you don't need to pay right away once you register your code.

It automatically adds 30 free trial days to your account without asking for a credit card number.

EDIT:
xZCwxWL.jpg

chrono01

At least wait till tomorrow. Early access can still be used till then, I believe. Maybe even the 29th, if the rumors are indeed true.
The 29th isn't a rumor, that's how long the Early Access will run until.

As for whether to redeem any codes, personally I would wait [especially since it's not officially the 17th here in NA]. I wouldn't want to take the risk of anything going wrong and needing to contact support to get it fixed. I'm guessing that they're massively backlogged at the moment. It's not as though registering your code will allow you to play any sooner, especially if you have the Early Access. If you do, you might even want to think about waiting until the 29th to register.

HBroward

The 29th isn't a rumor, that's how long the Early Access will run until.

As for whether to redeem any codes, personally I would wait [especially since it's not officially the 17th here in NA]. I wouldn't want to take the risk of anything going wrong and needing to contact support to get it fixed. I'm guessing that they're massively backlogged at the moment. It's not as though registering your code will allow you to play any sooner, especially if you have the Early Access. If you do, you might even want to think about waiting until the 29th to register.

But, but, but... the items!

Askani

Just got my CE key from GMG, and got it all registered on the Mog Station site. Went ahead and did a 3 month sub for the Veteran rewards.

Go here(NA):
http://sqex.to/FFXIVRedeemCodeNA

Then select add service platform once you have signed in. DO NOT CREATE A NEW SERVICE ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR CURRENT CHARACTERS!

Thanks for this info. You saved me It already bit one of my friends and he had to fill out the error form.

wait how did y'all even get jobs when you can't even do the instance class quests, or is it a luck of the draw of getting in?

also, I think i might have chosen poorly for dumping STR for my paladin to be, seems vit is better. I assume there is a way to reset that for a fee or something?

will the game have sort of cash shop system? fulltime work kinda sucks for mmos, and would pop some 2x exp pots if I have the chance ;)

Askani

From Twitter. NDA is lifted.

"To coincide with the official launch, the use of copyrighted materials including video, audio, and music from #FFXIV is now allowed."

"Please refer to the FINAL FANTASY XIV Material Usage License and only use the materials that have been permitted."

"You can read the FINAL FANTASY XIV Material Usage License here:

NA: http://sqex.to/qn4
EU: http://sqex.to/9oV "

Askani

Quoting for a new page because it's important everyone sees it.

Just got my CE key from GMG, and got it all registered on the Mog Station site. Went ahead and did a 3 month sub for the Veteran rewards.

Go here(NA):
http://sqex.to/FFXIVRedeemCodeNA

Then select add service platform once you have signed in. DO NOT CREATE A NEW SERVICE ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR CURRENT CHARACTERS!

And if you already messed up:

So I mistakenly used my registration code to enter it as a new service account instead of adding it to my existing one (where my preorder code is). Is there a way I can cancel that and use the same code on my service account with the preorder items?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom