• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikon

So I've decided I'll be playing this game (on Ultros). But I'm unsure if I can pre order a EU copy for PS3 and have the bonuses register for the NA server?

I'm guessing WHM will be major tank healing and SCH will be more group healing? If so that will make great synergy in full parties. Can SCH also cure poison like WHM? In light parties I guess it won't matter as both healing classes will be able to handle them on their own.

From what I was reading form these guys, nope.

phierce

Okay so I need a little information from those of you who've set this up on PS3. I bought a good friend of mine a PS3 and Pre-Ordered him a copy of the game. I'm going to register his pre-order code tonight and get that all squared away. However, I have no idea how to go about getting the client, or how to instruct on how to do that since I'm primarily a PC gamer outside of the odd console exclusive.

Can anyone help me out?
First of all, can we become good friends?!

Anyway, you need to create a PSN ID and a Square-Enix account, for your friend, and link the two together. When that is done, go register the pre-order code and you'll be given a 12 digit PSN code. After doing that, go to the PS Store and click "redeem code". Enter the 12 digit code and it will take you to the FFXIV client. Download the client and also install the client once it has downloaded.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

So I redeemed my PS3 preorder code and the code I got back is apparently invalid and I can't redeem it on the PS Store... sigh, I should have just waited.

Zomba13

So I've decided I'll be playing this game (on Ultros). But I'm unsure if I can pre order a EU copy for PS3 and have the bonuses register for the NA server?

If you have an EU account then it'll register. The servers are just recommended for certain players. Like JP servers will have more JP players, NA more NA etc but you can play on any. I have an EU account but on the Legacy Saragatanas (NA) server.

Aeana

Like the man said, FATE alliances :p. (at least for War/Magic).

I do worry that FATE are a little too OP and will be abused like Behest was.
The rewards for FATE certainly seem to be a bit on the high side, and yet... without the quests for subsequent jobs, it's the thing people will turn to first for an experience rate comparable to questing.

Jeels

So I have an extra early access code I believe. I am not 100% sure whether or not it will work as I find it weird that Amazon gave me two codes. The first of the two codes worked after doing the tricks to avoid Error 3.

Who wants it? First to quote post.

I'm guessing WHM will be major tank healing and SCH will be more group healing? If so that will make great synergy in full parties. Can SCH also cure poison like WHM? In light parties I guess it won't matter as both healing classes will be able to handle them on their own.

They will definitely have great synergy in full parties. Looking at the leaked skills, I think Scholar x2 would also be fine (probably not as good as WHM + SCH, but still good). Yes, SCH gets an Esuna-like spell so they can remove anything WHM can as well.

Nags

Banned
FATE parties are the new PL. Seriously they give so much exp that doesn't surprise me. In the north of Middle La Noscea there were 4-5 that would pop and you could literally get 3200-5000 exp per fate depending on how early you catch them. Crafting however I don't know unless someone gave him mats or money.

Switching to land/hand classes and completing quests with no discipline requirement could help some.

So I have an extra early access code I believe. I am not 100% sure whether or not it will work as I find it weird that Amazon gave me two codes. The first of the two codes worked after doing the tricks to avoid Error 3.

Who wants it? First to quote post.

Me?

omlet

Switching to land/hand classes and completing quests with no discipline requirement could help some.

Man, I did this with every quest I could find in 1.x haha

Don't you need to be a certain level to 'complete' certain quests and receive the exp reward though?

You didn't have to in 1.x, the exp reward just scaled down to your level. Dunno about in ARR I didn't actually try it yet.

Okay, so I can't get this to load. How crazy is it?

9fwi.png

You are the first one that I have seen with that problem, Did you double check the code?

Everything!!!

Of course I have checked the code many times to ensure I've entered it correctly.
There are others with the same problem on the beta forums, but they are drowned out among the mass amounts of PC users complaining about EU codes. This is however a very real but separate problem.

wormania

Do we know how the transition from end of Early Access to start of the Launch will work?
I have a feeling I wont get my copy of the game on Tuesday, which I'm guessing means I'll be locked out from Tuesday until I add my CD-key?

kiryogi

Banned
Certainly not Legacy! No matter where you are, there will be folks that will be at top of the game day 1. Yet folks worry about dealing with those that are capped out already. If anything, non legacy is in for a more unstable economy in comparison.

suzu

I got so damn bored just leveling weaver up to lvl 7 or whatever. I dunno how that guy managed all of those... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom