• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so. I looked up my order from way back in June, it only has my pre-order code. No other codes listed anywhere. I assume they will send me a product key I can enter into the mogstation but haven't received anything yet.

Not caring about the server issues that much, but I'm definitely not buying from the Square Enix store again. Sending stuff USPS? No update for 4 days on the tracking? Bootyism.

Askani

Gonna spam this one more time for the new page.

Quoting for a new page because it's important everyone sees it.

Just got my CE key from GMG, and got it all registered on the Mog Station site. Went ahead and did a 3 month sub for the Veteran rewards.

Go here(NA):
http://sqex.to/FFXIVRedeemCodeNA

Then select add service platform once you have signed in. DO NOT CREATE A NEW SERVICE ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR CURRENT CHARACTERS!

XAU8t51.png

And if you already messed up:

So I mistakenly used my registration code to enter it as a new service account instead of adding it to my existing one (where my preorder code is). Is there a way I can cancel that and use the same code on my service account with the preorder items?

WarMacheen

Finally home, awesome

World Full, awesome

Also cancelled preorder as I already have 1.0 CE, but I was going to buy the boxed 2.0 CE...not anymore

Woooo, finally in! Didn't actually manage to get past the world full message at all yesterday lol. So I can just shoot a whisper to one of the GAF guild leaders for my invite, correct? I've already done the application and whatnots.

If any of you see Deliria Crystalfist out there doing something dumb, just steer me in the right direction, k? lol

Shouta

In retrospect, I should've had my group move our legacy chars to the JP servers but eh, whatever. I just hope SE figures this junk out so we can have a predictable pattern for when we can get in and all that jazz.

Vitanimus

Sorry if this has been brought up a lot, but has anyone received a registration code from SE if you preordered from them digitally?

Edit: Just to make sure I'm not being really dumb, it's NOT the early access code... right?

Aeana

Man. The password is "wild rose."
The password is "wild rose."

Between that and the FF2 battle theme remix, I'm more than a little giddy right now.

Teletraan1

Banned
Well this is strange. I ordered from SE digitally back in June. They charged my Visa, then 4 days later they refunded the amount and never mentioned to me that anything was wrong. They sent me pre-order codes and everything like normal. Now are they going to charge me again at launch and send me a code or do nothing and send no codes or did I just get the game for free?

Has anyone who purchased this game from SE through that crappy digital river thing gotten a code?

Zozobra

So is everything working as intended now with the exception of the server queues? I got my key, but I'm unsure about even using it yet if things still aren't working properly.

Lucis

As much as I want to play on Ultros, I'm about to go to a JP server. I've gone from level 1-5 in 3 days due to being kicked off and not being able to play.

Unless you know japanese to a certain extend this is a pretty stupid decision. you never base your server selection on an MMO off 3 days of play. I was OOT this weekend but this morning server was fine, lets see how it goes tonight.

Aesthet1c

1017 today, 1017 yesterday, I'm trying to throw my money at S-E and they seemingly don't want it.

Yep, it's basically impossible to play this game during any normal hours of the day.

I'm stuck at lvl 13 on a single class because I have been locked out due to errors in the beta, locked out of instance quests all weekend, and unable to log in due to 1017 yesterday and today. :(

Aeana

Unless you know japanese to a certain extend this is a pretty stupid decision. you never base your server selection on an MMO off 3 days of play. I was OOT this weekend but this morning server was fine, lets see how it goes tonight.
The game has auto-translate, just like FF11. It's very possible to play with people of other languages thanks to that.

smr00

Banned
In retrospect, I should've had my group move our legacy chars to the JP servers but eh, whatever. I just hope SE figures this junk out so we can have a predictable pattern for when we can get in and all that jazz.
For the past few days i have had 0 problems from around 9am-5pm est.

After 5pm it's almost impossible for me to get back in. Hopefully they have been hard at work and things will run a smoother in a few days. I don't expect it to magically work tomorrow because tomorrow is the actual release and i assume a lot more people will be playing and not just early access people.

Ashkeloth

Ran face-first into screwing up my account by registering my full game to a new service account.

This is what I get for quickly doing it while riding a chocobo rather than taking my time.

Hopefully S-E should fix it before the free trial period for the game is up, otherwise I won't be able to play my character. It's four days, so I'd hope so, but this is S-E

Ferrio

Banned
Well this is strange. I ordered from SE digitally back in June. They charged my Visa, then 4 days later they refunded the amount and never mentioned to me that anything was wrong. They sent me pre-order codes and everything like normal. Now are they going to charge me again at launch and send me a code or do nothing and send no codes or did I just get the game for free?

Has anyone who purchased this game from SE through that crappy digital river thing gotten a code?

I just checked my CC account.. I see no charge for it... wtf.. and I did get a prerelease code. Do they not charge until release? I'm confused.

Vitanimus

I just checked my CC account.. I see no charge for it... wtf.. and I did get a prerelease code. Do they not charge until release? I'm confused.

Me too. The email said they would send another email out around the time of early access. I wanna register. :-(

Yondy604

Banned
Great so nobody is getting "ffxiv the entered code is invalid." error, meaning GMG gave me a broken code and I am down 40$ and a collectors edition.

i am beyond pissed

WarMacheen

Except that SE decided that to play you must win the log on lottery. I also know SE's track record with fixing things during FF11. It is only going to get worse with release coming up tomorrow.

Yes it will die down in a week or two, but seriously, should people who purchased have to wait that long to play consistantly? Unless the AFK problem is fixed the ques will be ridiculous as the people who get in will stay. This exact same scenario happened at Aion's launch.

vehn

Great so nobody is getting "ffxiv the entered code is invalid." error, meaning GMG gave me a broken code and I am down 40$ and a collectors edition.

i am beyond pissed

I think the launcher gave me a invalid code error or soemthing, but then I entered it online and it worked fine

Teletraan1

Banned

Yeah, i have no idea what is going on with this. I was tempted to just buy the game somewhere else but I have no idea what this digital river is doing and dont want to buy the game 2x.

Lucis

The game has auto-translate, just like FF11. It's very possible to play with people of other languages thanks to that.

lolz
hell no
there's no way you can play an MMO on a high level with auto translate.

I learned Japanese playing FFXI, no way the communication could get through fast enough with auto translator.

Except that SE decided that to play you must win the log on lottery. I also know SE's track record with fixing things during FF11. It is only going to get worse with release coming up tomorrow.

Yes it will die down in a week or two, but seriously, should people who purchased have to wait that long to play consistantly? Unless the AFK problem is fixed the ques will be ridiculous as the people who get in will stay. This exact same scenario happened at Aion's launch.

You boon yourself for the rest of your FF14 life by going to a Japanese server if you don't know Japanese though. I agree the auto log out should happen.

As long as you're not one of the people who will shout complaints, have at you

lolz
hell no
there's no way you can play an MMO on a high level with auto translate.

I learned Japanese playing FFXI.

Some of this too. Especially in the figuring things out phase [teleport][can I have it?]1k won't cut it. But with all the server issues, there's probably a much higher native English count on the JP servers right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom