• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaJesus

So, I clicked the right button on Moogle Station to try and register my PS3 CE and it says this...

To add the PlayStation®3 platform to this service account, you must first either purchase the digital download, or apply a registration code through the Sony Entertainment Network.
Please note that PlayStation®3 services are not accessible through this website.
Upon completing registration, the game can be installed and played as normal on your PlayStation®3.

Anyone know where I go to do this? I;m sorry if it was posted already...I went back a few pages and saw nothing...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The amount of Vitriol and hate on the official forums/site makes me sick :(

This is just as bad as *insert expansion launch for World of Warcraft here*. So maybe I'm just used to it and expected it.

I remember WotLK's 5000-player queues. XD

But, I love the game, and I hope that opening day teething pains don't turn people away from it too much (well,e xcept the bandwagoning hate idiots on the official forums/sites posting nasty comments. Those people can go away and go back to CoD or whatever)

I've played many MMOs. Never have I had 3 straight days of not being able to get in. Usually this shit's resolved by the first day, if not, definitely by the second.

Unbelievable, I moved from my PS3 to my computer and brought the controller with me so I could mash the X button to log on...and it worked. Been doing it for the past 10 min.

teiresias

This is just as bad as *insert expansion launch for World of Warcraft here*. So maybe I'm just used to it and expected it.

But, I love the game, and I hope that opening day teething pains don't turn people away from it too much (well,e xcept the bandwagoning hate idiots on the official forums/sites posting nasty comments. Those people can go away and go back to CoD or whatever)

I personally can't wait until tomorrow rolls around and all the annoying apologists can no longer hide behind the whole "the game isn't officially released yet" mantra they keep parading around under as if SE is going to get something working in 24 hours that they haven't gotten working since the first day of Phase-4.

Teknoman

I think the problem is, they arent automatically entering people into the queue, just showing people server is full.

Even if it was long queues, that would be better than just straight locking people out. Speaking of which, they should pick a good time to upgrade server capacity early tomorrow.

Aesthet1c

I've played many MMOs. Never have I had 3 straight days of not being able to get in. Usually this shit's resolved by the first day, if not, definitely by the second.

I agree. I don't know how you can defend SE in this. I was patient during the open beta phase, but I'm to the point that I have paid money and have been unable to play during normal hours for an entire weekend.

I wasn't able to play WoW for a week when WotLK launched, due to high queues/long maintenances/etc. Diablo III took a week to fix (and that wasn't even an MMO!).

I DO wish SE would come out with some sort of plan of action, maybe give everyone a free week of time for their troubles. (That's what Blizzard did after the WotLK launch mess).

I agree. I don't know how you can defend SE in this. I was patient during the open beta phase, but I'm to the point that I have paid money and have been unable to play during normal hours for an entire weekend.

I know I sound like I'm defending SE, but there's gotta be some reason they haven't 1. opened more servers on NA/EU and 2. Communicated with the playerbase what's going on. I want to have faith that something got royally fudged on their end. But I played FFXI enough to know that SE and server technology is....well their two things that don't go well together XD

I don't know why this is such a hard concept for SE. I have waited 30 min to an hour to log into WoW before. It sucks, but at least I know I will eventually get in. This locking everyone out and letting people in at random is bullshit.

While they may give the IMPRESSION of fixing the problem, it really just sucks because then people go online and AFK and then the queue stays endlessly long until you give up and go play Rock Band or something.

The impression may be better, but the service stays the same regardless. Especially since you'll get kicked out of that queue WELL before it reaches 0!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ah glad its not something i've broken then. At any rate, this is how my page looks atm:

jwT7v15IRpEoy.png

My payment said continued automatically before I messed with the settings, then i decided to add credit card payment to be on the safe side. 180 days showed a charge of $0.00

Decided to just go to the main square enix account settings page, and make sure my credit card info was up to date.

Wait what code did you register for that? I've still only got early access listed.

Aesthet1c

I'd take 5,000 person queues over this any day of the week...

I don't know why this is such a hard concept for SE. I have waited 30 min to an hour to log into WoW before. It sucks, but at least I know I will eventually get in. This locking everyone out and letting people in at random is bullshit.

So, I'm not having fun. How long do I need to play before 'quest gatherer' is a fun game?
I'm not normally one to skip or skim dialogue I haven't read, but I feel incredibly rushed, in part because I'll have to be paying fees for the game after a month. The other part may be how pointless it feels. When am I given a a feeling of purpose or a drive to do anything other than rush from A to B? The combat isn't particularly fun and while the world seems packed with other players, no one is talking or doing anything together. It's amazing how populated it appears and lonely it feels.

Man, DPS wait times for dungeons are excruciating.

I'm averaging about 50 minutes per queue before it gets me in a group and that's just the three story dungeons.

I'm guessing there isn't much they're going to be able to do to speed it up. Wish it was more like phase 3. 10-15 min wait time tops.

Man, DPS wait times for dungeons are excruciating.

I'm averaging about 50 minutes per queue before it gets me in a group and that's just the three story dungeons.

I'm guessing there isn't much they're going to be able to do to speed it up. Wish it was more like phase 3. 10-15 min wait time tops.

Squirrel overload. I'm trying to keep my marauder leveled at roughly the same pace so I have an easier time getting into story instances.

Stainless

Bought DD preorder directly from SE. No link was found anywhere in emails to download the client. No product or early access code given. Opened support ticket and the response given was the generic download instructions contained in the purchase confirmation email. Friend sent me the d/l link but I don't have a code. Cancel my order, they said no refund required. Well, it billed me, and a refund IS required. Currently like number 175 in live chat queue. Gonna ask them to provide a link to download the game and cancel my cancelation, or simply process the cancel. At this point I don't even care if I play the game anymore

Teknoman

Wait what code did you register for that? I've still only got early access listed.

Only new code i've ever entered was that preorder unlock code you get from the preorder website for the Cait Sith and Moogle cap. Everything else, i've never messed with my account since I signed up for XIV 1.0 with my 1.0 CE back at launch.

kirby2096

Awesome, Legacy players get further discounts on the 90 day and 180 day options, I didn't think they wouldn't be so kind to repeat the 1.x prices for us lot.

Legacy subscription prices: -
30 days = 689 Crysta (£6.89)
90 days = 1887 Crysta (£6.29)
180 days = 3414 Crysta (£5.69)

Teknoman

So, I'm not having fun. How long do I need to play before 'quest gatherer' is a fun game?
I'm not normally one to skip or skim dialogue I haven't read, but I feel incredibly rushed, in part because I'll have to be paying fees for the game after a month. The other part may be how pointless it feels. When am I given a a feeling of purpose or a drive to do anything other than rush from A to B? The combat isn't particularly fun and while the world seems packed with other players, no one is talking or doing anything together. It's amazing how populated it appears and lonely it feels.

Have you hit level 15 yet? At this point, Dungeons and Guildhests are the main group contents. Also get yourself into a Free Company or Linkshell. Also scenario quests, class quests, grand company quests and so on are the main story drives.

If you arent having fun with your current class, switch to one of the others. Aside from that, not sure there is much else that would turn the game around for you.

Lotto

Unbelievable, I moved from my PS3 to my computer and brought the controller with me so I could mash the X button to log on...and it worked. Been doing it for the past 10 min.

I just tried this and still couldn't get in, meh.

I had no problems with registering my codes (Really? 4 codes?) but Square-Enix made this needlessly complicated. Seems like this launch is on par with most MMO launches, it's pretty sad that this still happens.

Chucker

Got into the Under the Armor duty and got 90000'd. Came back and was "World Full'd".

What quest is after Oh Captain My Captain, I seem to have lost my way.

gribbles

Banned
Anyone else find it easier to tank as a MRD than as a GLD? I found that as GLD I had trouble holding aggro every now and again, but as MRD I pretty much never lost aggro.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Don't suppose SE had addressed them being totally prepared, and making more than adequate accommodations for Japan while saying "piss off" to the rest of their users yet, have they?

Doodlebug

Does anyone know what the transparent lighting graphics setting does? High is a significant performance hit for me and I can't see what it does over Normal.

Also is there an easy way to compare the items you're wearing side by side with those in your inventory? The most I get is vague +/- figures which tell me nothing about stat bonuses.

I've wondered about these things as well.

Anyone?

Eyothrie

So has anyone on PC been able to get rid of the movement flicker from grass and trees? I've tried forcing SGSSAA and SweetFX, but neither of these options help much. Would love to downsample, but the UI would be too small. Help?

Ah glad its not something i've broken then. At any rate, this is how my page looks atm:

jwT7v15IRpEoy.png

My payment said continued automatically before I messed with the settings, then i decided to add credit card payment to be on the safe side. 180 days showed a charge of $0.00

Decided to just go to the main square enix account settings page, and make sure my credit card info was up to date.

Makes me wish I had stuck with 1.0 until at least getting the Chocobo's/and the giant moss mount. I had bought the CE but bailed around level 18 because I had no one to play with!

Teknoman

Don't suppose SE had addressed them being totally prepared, and making more than adequate accommodations for Japan while saying "piss off" to the rest of their users yet, have they?

Could have ended up just using the same server capacity amounts for both regions. I doubt they made more of an effort with those servers than anywhere else.

Honestly I wish the servers were still universal, and not centered. At least then everyone would be in the same boat, and there would be a reason for auto translate.

Unless I end up running into someone that speaks only french, german, spanish, etc.

Anyone else find it easier to tank as a MRD than as a GLD? I found that as GLD I had trouble holding aggro every now and again, but as MRD I pretty much never lost aggro.

MRD seems easier to me, too. Flash is burst hate, not stocked hate, and with bloodlust+overpower it's easier to hold hate. Not sure if it changes later, but it's easier and more fun for me (19 now).

That's tomorrow

Yeah, at this point even I'm getting pretty frustrated. "Please understand" isn't applicable when I'm actually paying for something now. My only guess for them not using the queue system is that it actually puts a strain on their login server or their instance server. Why those wouldn't separated things is beyond me, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case at this point.

WolvenOne

World full, well, I was afraid of that.

Square's probably going to have to call maintenance JUST to clear out the Idlers. Seeing as most/many of these people would probably just assume stay logged in all night.

SE, seriously, get an Idle-Kick mechanism in place ASAP. Otherwise you'll have to shut down servers twice daily just to keep them from getting clogged up with irresponsible smucks.

Oh well, guess I'm gonna get in a couple hours of bicycling. Probably just as well, since Fall is fast approaching. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom