• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The mog station sub is going to take money out of your account in 34 days right? So you wouldn't get veteran rewards now anyway? Wouldn't we need to add game time cards for day 1 items?

Aeana

lolz
hell no
there's no way you can play an MMO on a high level with auto translate.

I learned Japanese playing FFXI.
People managed fine in FF11 until later when they stopped putting important terms in the dictionary. Obviously it isn't optimal, but it's completely workable and I saw people making do just fine for years.

Ricck

How do i enter my digital CE code?

When i logging I see Standard WIN and no characters on the right even if i have 2 characters when i log into the game...

CLBridges

Sorry to hear about all the people who can't get into their worlds today. I was off today and played for a few hours. Got my archer up to level 16 and took on a second class, the Conjurer. I only leveled my Conjurer up to 3 but was able to link the Cure spell to my Archer. Feels good to be able cure myself a quick 2 or 3 times if needed and then get back to damaging. This game is quickly becoming my main time sink.

Welp.

Started out on Sarg playing with my two friends.

I go to work, come home, turns out they both switched to Ultros and made new characters.

Ultros not taking new characters at the moment.

Bleh.

Finally able to play after not being able to log in all weekend, my power goes out for a second, and now I can't get back on. Fuck you Square Enix, I just want to play the game I payed for.

Ferrio

Banned
I ordered the digital download and they are shipping me something. (Probably the boxed edition with a code)

Digital River is terrible and Square should drop them like a sack of bricks.

Nope... they ain't sending me anything.. nor is the charge anywhere on my bank statements.

WolvenOne

So many people terrified of not being able to log in. I wish I did the same thing. Left about 2 hours ago and logged off. Got back home and can't play.

You do realize that these same people are at least in part to blame for you being unable to log-on in the first place, right?

Seriously annoying stuff. Square may be ultimately be responsible, but this sort of behavior compounds the problem so much that they only get maybe half the blame.

Lucis

People managed fine in FF11 until later when they stopped putting important terms in the dictionary. Obviously it isn't optimal, but it's completely workable and I saw people making do just fine for years.

Why go for a non optimal "getting by" experience?
I expect later on there will be complicated raids that will be difficult with out voice communication.

but then again, it's SE

Anhkow

ho74jhD.gif

WolvenOne

Welp.

Started out on Sarg playing with my two friends.

I go to work, come home, turns out they both switched to Ultros and made new characters.

Ultros not taking new characters at the moment.

Bleh.

Kinda odd, wonder why they'd do that when they're going to be doing server transfers in, what, two weeks?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They really better do something to repay the lack of early access.
This is completely ridiculous. Like, I've done MMOs before, but I've never seen nearly 72 hours of unplayability for your 'early access'

Cmagus

Great so nobody is getting "ffxiv the entered code is invalid." error, meaning GMG gave me a broken code and I am down 40$ and a collectors edition.

i am beyond pissed
I am thinking that you won't be able to use them till tomorrow. My PS3 physical copy came today and I get the same issue. I made a post on the general forum others had this issue.

theta11

You do realize that these same people are at least in part to blame for you being unable to log-on in the first place, right?

Seriously annoying stuff. Square may be ultimately be responsible, but this sort of behavior compounds the problem so much that they only get maybe half the blame.

I don't think they foresaw people idling being a problem and to implement something like afk time out and test it would take longer than the problem will exist. Only short term solution I can see to this is regularly resetting the servers to purge people who aren't there. But resets could also fuck everything up. They are pretty much in a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

Shouta

Why go for a non optimal "getting by" experience?
I expect later on there will be complicated raids that will be difficult with out voice communication.

but then again, it's SE

I know a bunch of folks that played with JPs using only auto-translate. It worked, even in high-end FFXI content because you don't necessarily need words to communicate with someone, even in a videogame. Strats can be deciphered by paying careful attention and simple instructions.

Teknoman

*plays all day without a problem*
*Get out for lunch*
*the world is full*

This way, I regret being honest and logging out like a normal person.

You and me both.

Btw, strange that Mog Station has a character I made on a JP server (that doesnt exist anymore) listen, but not my Ultros main character.

Cmagus

I don't think they foresaw people idling being a problem and to implement something like afk time out and test it would take longer than the problem will exist. Only short term solution I can see to this is regularly resetting the servers to purge people who aren't there. But resets could also fuck everything up. They are pretty much in a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

Yes but this seems to be a bigger issue with Ultros as every new player wants on it. I'm on Hyperion and everyone I know and myself have had zero ques or issues logging in.

I know a bunch of folks that played with JPs using only auto-translate. It worked, even in high-end FFXI content because you don't necessarily need words to communicate with someone, even in a videogame. Strats can be deciphered by paying careful attention and simple instructions.

Honestly, the biggest factor is the person's willingness to communicate and try to understand. Without that, you can speak the same language and still not get anything done...numerous times...

Yes but this seems to be a bigger issue with Ultros as every new player wants on it. I'm on Hyperion and everyone I know and myself have had zero ques or issues logging in.

That's because of the push here (other places too maybe? I don't know) to be on Ultros. Implementing idle kicks on just one server would be even less feasible than doing it across the board. It's a player-created issue.

MKAllDay

I do realize that. But I can't be too mad at them as people will just look out for themselves and are simply using the system SE gave them. If there was an idle time-out this would be a non-issue.

gillty

Banned

Agreed.

IMO, they should have named the server sets Pacific and Atlantic, no reason players on the west coast couldn't play on JP servers. Would have broken up the current homogeneity of the servers.

Personally I think there is a lot of be gained by gaming with people of other cultures, and being from Vancouver the latency between the two server groups is about equal.

rezn0r

in my third queue of the night (currently at 194), the first two, after dozens of 1017s, also flash adsfkljdsalkjfdsajklfdsajklf AS I'M TYPING THIS BACK TO 1017

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i was going to say that watching the queues count down were starting to remind me of waiting for hnms to pop. now 1017 is starting to remind me of hnms popping claimed.

Soi-Fong

Completely full right now on Ultros... Guess I'll log in later on today.

Got my CE and Early Access bonuses as well!

Edit: Prolly will only sub for 30 days. I know during October I won't have much time to play.

Lain

Registered my FFXIV copy, and was also able to redeem the code from the registered FFXIII for that armband or whatever it is. Now debating if I should do a digital CE upgrade or not.

Would it be too late for them to add servers? cause this is ridiculous. I can wait but there goes a quarter of my month of free sub. I intend to play longer but seriously is annoying.

The amount of Vitriol and hate on the official forums/site makes me sick :(

This is just as bad as *insert expansion launch for World of Warcraft here*. So maybe I'm just used to it and expected it.

I remember WotLK's 5000-player queues. XD

But, I love the game, and I hope that opening day teething pains don't turn people away from it too much (well,e xcept the bandwagoning hate idiots on the official forums/sites posting nasty comments. Those people can go away and go back to CoD or whatever)

Teknoman

yeah, it doesn't seem to be pulling from NA/EU datacenters right now.

I have the same issue.

Ah glad its not something i've broken then. At any rate, this is how my page looks atm:

jwT7v15IRpEoy.png

My payment said continued automatically before I messed with the settings, then i decided to add credit card payment to be on the safe side. 180 days showed a charge of $0.00

Decided to just go to the main square enix account settings page, and make sure my credit card info was up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom