• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKAllDay

When do servers open up to all the non-early access folks? I hope I am able to log in before that happens otherwise I am never making it in.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've got a code from ordering the game that doesn't fit the mog station and my EA code. Haven't received any codes for my digital deluxe yet.

Zafir

I wonder if they opened the PC version early as I am able to login to the launcher and update the game. I wasnt able to do that this morning as it was saying I didn't have an active service. Guessing thats what happened when they opened the Mog Station.
Opened at around midnight EU time. Launch day for us Europeans at least. xD

Vodh

Here's my story:

-Got EA code
-No retail card
-I didn't get charged.....(no record of it anywhere in my bank statements).

This was ordered a month ago.

As I said, I got my retail code literally 15 minutes ago
and yes, literally literally, not figuratively literally
so if I were you I wouldn't be too weirded out just yet.

Then again I did get billed pretty much immediately.

Firehead

This mess with the servers is giving my lalafell panic attacks. :(
iDuz5G5u8wQrh.gif

Moxx19

Banned
So I haven't really settled into a class yet. I keep messing about making new toons trying to find the right one but I can't choose.

"the BBB is already notified of racism"

Good God, who are these people

I was going to quote that one myself LMAO!!!

I think we need something similar to Jimmy Kimmel's Celebrities Reading Mean Tweets, but have Yoshi-P read the idiotic comments on the lodestone.

Sorry to ask what's probably been covered a lot in this thread but...

Is this game viable on a PS3? I played the beta briefly and thought the framerate was pretty poor. Are people planning to play this on PS3, or is this mainly a PC only thing?

Just want to know if I should bother digging into this thread and getting hyped, because I have a PS3 but not a decent PC.

Stainless

lol waited in support chat queue for 2 hrs periodically checking the status update and then 20mins before they close it comes up and says status canceled, there are no agents available to chat with you. Please try again later.

teiresias

I've heard people talk about using R3 plus either shoulder buttons or triggers to target. Is that only on PS3 or is there a way to do that on PC? R3 just goes to 1st person on PC gamepad controls for me and I haven't found a way to change that.

aceface

Sorry to ask what's probably been covered a lot in this thread but...

Is this game viable on a PS3? I played the beta briefly and thought the framerate was pretty poor. Are people planning to play this on PS3, or is this mainly a PC only thing?

Just want to know if I should bother digging into this thread and getting hyped, because I have a PS3 but not a decent PC.

I've put in about 16 hours on the PS3, I think it's awesome. PC is not an option for me though, I don't have one that could run it.

Teknoman

Tomorrow.

Or probably tonight after like 3AM?

Asuras+Wrath+2.jpg

I say bring it on. I'm not financially invested in the game or company, but as a classic FF fan, and a fan of the world of Hydaelyn in general, I really want this game to succeed. But if whoever is handling the server set ups for FFXIV needs a firaga under their feet, so be it.

Vodh

What do you prefer, GAF, the uncertainty of the short queue + 1017 that benefits persistent people who actually spam the server, or a long-ass queue that pretty much guarantees you'll get in, but in about 4 hours?

Because that's how long it took me to get on my server for the first few days/weeks of WoW, and now that I'm actually able to play FFXIV I think I'd rather spend a few minutes trying to log in than stand in a ridiculous queue - even if that means there's a chance I would have to hammer the servers for a pretty long time and the process of logging in is pretty tedious.

First time since early access that I actually managed to log in. No joke :(

Gotta say, Liking what I am seeing so far. Playing a conjurer (looking forward to White Mage!) Stopped after my first spoken cutscene/duty (so... level 8ish).

Very gripping world design and soundtrack (both feel extremely FF!) I cannot wait to spend more time with the game; hopefully the server issues subside sooner rather than later so I can use my spare gaming time playing as opposed to feverishly fighting error messages stating "The world is full, try again later".

What's going to be funny, I mean downright HILARIOUS is when midnight hits and everyone on the east coast gets their game, comes home, and LOLNOPLAY4U and it'll only get worse as the moon rolls over the west.

I'm trying to find a new server for my friends and I to play on but there's no point really as there's no telling if any of them will be able to join the one I manage to get to. And then, if we all manage to make it, actually be able to play.

And to top it all off is Yoshi-P's profuse apology and wise words of wisdom in which he may as well just quoted Wargames and said the only winning move is not to play.

Laughable. Sad but laughable.

What's going to be funny, I mean downright HILARIOUS is when midnight hits and everyone on the east coast gets their game, comes home, and LOLNOPLAY4U and it'll only get worse as the moon rolls over the west.

I'm trying to find a new server for my friends and I to play on but there's no point really as there's no telling if any of them will be able to join the one I manage to get to. And then, if we all manage to make it, actually be able to play.

And to top it all off is Yoshi-P's profuse apology and wise words of wisdom in which he may as well just quoted Wargames and said the only winning move is not to play.

Laughable. Sad but laughable.

Kind of like Diablo III AMIRITE?! Or SimCity?

I'm sorry, I just...no game launch goes smoothly. SimCity had issues for weeks. Diablo III had issues for days. Those aren't even MMOs!

Has this been posted? Apparently I made the mistake of adding a new service account. But if I go through this to fix the problem, I'll LOSE my 30 days free subscription? That better not be true.

Failed to read that portion of the fine print. I can tolerate all that's happened so far, but that's really shitty.

Teknoman

What do you prefer, GAF, the uncertainty of the short queue + 1017 that benefits persistent people who actually spam the server, or a long-ass queue that pretty much guarantees you'll get in, but in about 4 hours?

Because that's how long it took me to get on my server for the first few days/weeks of WoW, and now that I'm actually able to play FFXIV I think I'd rather spend a few minutes trying to log in than stand in a ridiculous queue - even if that means there's a chance I would have to hammer the servers for a pretty long time and the process of logging in is pretty tedious.

Queue and an AFK kicker. Some sort of visible guarantee you know?

First time since early access that I actually managed to log in. No joke :(

Gotta say, Liking what I am seeing so far. Playing a conjurer (looking forward to White Mage!) Stopped after my first spoken cutscene/duty (so... level 8ish).

Very gripping world design and soundtrack (both feel extremely FF!) I cannot wait to spend more time with the game; hopefully the server issues subside sooner rather than later so I can use my spare gaming time playing as opposed to feverishly fighting error messages stating "The world is full, try again later".

Thats what makes things harder, for me anyway. The first Final Fantasy main series game since XII that really has me interested.

I thought that they had fixed the errors and stuff. I guess I just got lucky when I logged in this morning. It happened immediately.

Well. I hope I can get back in tonight when I get home. Maybe I should have stayed logged in. >_>

Kind of like Diablo III AMIRITE?! Or SimCity?

I can't speak for SimCity but I was actually able to play D3 and with my friends no less on release.

I work at a small game store and I have one guy who pre-ordered this for his wife and himself. I either tell him about the problem and possibly not make a sale, or sell this busted mess to him and let him find out all too late.

This is a choice I shouldn't have to make.

I can't speak for SimCity but I was actually able to play D3 and with my friends no less on release.

I work at a small game store and I have one guy who pre-ordered this for his wife and himself. I either tell him about the problem and possibly not make a sale, or sell this busted mess to him and let him find out all too late.

This is a choice I shouldn't have to make.

You tell them straight up: It's an online game that millionsa re trying to play at the same time, and it's not exactly stable. The game is great and within a few days all should be well.

(I wasn't able to play Diablo III for 2 weeks because of server errors, and when I did get on, the lag was so horrible it might as well have been unplayable.)

Besides getting a free client download, do 1.0 players by chance get... a free month of play or anything like that?

No sub fee until the 9th/10th of September, + if you get the PS3 version you get 30 days free like you would as if you were new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom