• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosher

They can't expect to launch like this, can they? They'll get savaged in the reviews tomorrow...

They're going to be savaged even by those new players who can't create a character on their server of choice, where all their friends or guildmates are on. This is one issue that has been completely overshadowed by the 1017 login restrictions.

It seriously makes me sad to hear so many stories of people not being able to play. It's such a great game. Easy to just lose yourself in.

Yesterday, I was in the East Shroud camping FATEs, and there was a thunderstorm. I just kinda sat there and made screenshots. I think I ended up missing a few FATEs.

One of these times, I'm gonna find a really scenic location and just sit there and craft and listen to the music. If it weren't for these server issues, I'd say the game is a solid 9/10. Definately the best MMO I've played in a long time.

aceface

Plus apparantly the secret to logging in is waiting until :50 of each hour.

shhhh

But yeah that is the key. Worked for me each of the last two nights, and that's when new waves come on the GAF FC every hour.

I'm noticing with Levequests, ones I've completed still appear on the list of available leves, is this a glitch?

akaoni

Banned
shhhh

But yeah that is the key. Worked for me each of the last two nights, and that's when new waves come on the GAF FC every hour.

I'm noticing with Levequests, ones I've completed still appear on the list of available leves, is this a glitch?

Leves are repeatables. You have a limited allocation that increases every 24 hours. You should save them until you need them.

Ryuukan

At least I was smart enough to order the retail pc version. I can still refund it if S-E refuses to buy a second dell Inspiron laptop to split the NA server load.

Teknoman

With how vitriolic the forums are, any sane dev/community rep would stay far, far, far away until they're given exact words to speak by corporate or whoever.

Being a Community Rep for an MMO has got to be the corporate equivalent of...like..customer service person at Wal-Mart.

True, but after Yoshi posted:

"Although we have successfully addressed a number of serious issues in the past several days, we have nevertheless decided to implement login restrictions for the time being due to the extremely heavy load being placed upon the servers. In this way, we can ensure that the maximum number of players can play the game without risking a server crash. I know no one wants to wait to log in, but I hope you all understand why we believe this precaution is necessary."

One more sentence about what they were going to do to attempt and solve the problem would have gone a long way.

WolvenOne

Being responsible has earned me 3 days of error 1017 the only time I can actually play. I'm frustrated after working 10 days straight, sorry.

So your frustration gives you license to visit the same frustration on somebody else?

Which ignores that even if you did, doing so likely visits the same frustration on three or four other players, not just a single person.

avelle

Neo Member
So I encountered an error the first night of early access which has prevented my character from logging in ever since and appears as if my character data is now corrupt. This has been ongoing for over 50 hours at this point.

I was crafting in Limsa Lominsa and using the Aetheryte to teleport from Hawker's Alley to the Aftcastle to go back to the Armorer Guild when I was kicked off of the game. I think the error was 90000 at the time. I then proceeded to get 10102 errors all the way until emergency maintenance and then have received error 1016 ever since. Note that this is 1016, not the 1017 error people get when the world is full due to the login limitations currently imposed.

I have created a ticket for this problem and contacted the support center this morning only to be told there was nothing they could do. They said they would escalate it to the "bug fixing" department and if this error trended they would take a look at it. They also referred me to submit an in-game petition to a GM, which I have done but that is about 8 or 9 hours counting so far.

I know everyone is having problems but it honestly seems like this won't get resolved without direct intervention from someone on the FFXIV operations team and I'm trying to spread the word in case anyone from there happens to surf Neogaf/Reddit/Official forums/etc.

Thanks for reading this wall of text, if anyone did. :p

Post on the official forums:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/69004-Character-appears-to-be-corrupt-due-to-error-1016-%28ongoing-for-over-40-hours%29

Image of the issue:
5bktNmAh.jpg

Ryuukan

So your frustration gives you license to visit the same frustration on somebody else?

Which ignores that even if you did, doing so likely visits the same frustration on three or four other players, not just a single person.

Sounds like an S-E horrific infrastructure issue not a personal one

Subxero

Finally got in a queue #175 for Ultros. Unfortunately it's not my main character.

I wonder if the servers are class restricting log ins. NA, they wouldn't do that...

WolvenOne

Sounds like an S-E horrific infrastructure issue not a personal one

Sorry, but when you're hearing reports of whole cities full of idle characters, that cannot be blamed on capacity, lack of an idle timer, yes, but not capacity. This probably translates into a couple thousand player slots per server, so chances are if people hadn't done this there would've been FAR fewer issues today.

Sorry it's just, frustrating. Obviously Square needs to do some more work here, but people are REALLY compounding the issue. :p

Ryuukan

Sorry, but when you're hearing reports of whole cities full of idle characters, that cannot be blamed on capacity, lack of an idle timer, yes, but not capacity. This probably translates into a couple thousand player slots per server, so chances are if people hadn't done this there would've been FAR fewer issues today.

Sorry it's just, frustrating. Obviously Square needs to do some more work here, but people are REALLY compounding the issue. :p

No rules are being broken from idling all day. The game is sold as being available 24/7. It's frustrating and you are going through Stockholm syndrome.

WolvenOne

No rules are being broken from idling all day. The game is sold as being available 24/7. It's frustrating and you are going through Stockholm syndrome.

Pfft! XD

Yes, because obviously you're expected to be able to log in, and do absolutely nothing for eight to ten hours at a time. That's OBVIOUSLY the gameplay experience Square was aiming for, and they should've built their infrastructure with this in mind.

Do you have any idea how ABSURD that sounds!?!

Saterium

Any updates on the registering multiple accounts thing? I really hope Square doesn't take 'up to 2 weeks' like it says on that support request page.

centracore

1017 for the past three hours on Ultros.. if I manage to log in anytime soon I definitely won't be logging out until this is resolved.

Pfft! XD

Yes, because obviously you're expected to be able to log in, and do absolutely nothing for eight to ten hours at a time. That's OBVIOUSLY the gameplay experience Square was aiming for, and they should've built their infrastructure with this in mind.

Not expected, but allowed.

Hell I used to log into DAoC and sit in the city and chat with friends all day. Either waiting for raids, or waiting for enough of my buddies to log on to make a gank group.

Sitin there typing, all day long. Not movin an inch.

Ryuukan

Pfft! XD

It's very common for people hooked on MMOs to leave their client logged in nonstop

I kind of feel like people are overreacting, it's very possible we'll get some kind of time reimbursement on our initial month. Games have these problems though at launch, but if i'm not seeing an improvement by next tuesday, i'll be slinging as much shit as the rest of you.

WolvenOne

It's very common for people hooked on MMOs to leave their client logged in nonstop

And its very common for MMO's to have Idle Timers as well. Why, because no server is going to have limitless capacity, and other people deserve to be able to play while you aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom