• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafterman

Banned
What do you prefer, GAF, the uncertainty of the short queue + 1017 that benefits persistent people who actually spam the server, or a long-ass queue that pretty much guarantees you'll get in, but in about 4 hours?

Because that's how long it took me to get on my server for the first few days/weeks of WoW, and now that I'm actually able to play FFXIV I think I'd rather spend a few minutes trying to log in than stand in a ridiculous queue - even if that means there's a chance I would have to hammer the servers for a pretty long time and the process of logging in is pretty tedious.

I'd rather have a queue that gave me some sort of an idea where I stood in the whole process. If it takes 4 hours so be it, at least I could sit in queue and do something else. I don't know what "short" queue you are talking about with this game, but if it weren't for my early play time today I'd still be sitting at the computer smashing 0 over and over for hours on end like I did the two previous days. A 4 hour queue is nothing compared to the amount of combined hours I've tried logging in to this game with no idea when it would work.

Alucrid

Banned
LOL. I can't believe square lets you have multiple accounts on one account. Just logged in and saw the 1 and 2 from when I entered the code in the wrong area.

The game is great and within a few days all should be well.

I said this same thing to myself about the problems of 1.0. Replace days with weeks/months.

We all know how that turned out.

At the current rate of their taking care of this, which is to say they completely aren't, it's gonna take more than a few days.

As I've said before, SE couldn't afford to botch this twice. There are a lot of people, like me, trying to give them a second chance who are at the edge of walking away again. In addition to that a LOT of people are impatient and won't hesitate to return this game or quickly stop playing due to the problems and go with a competitor.

Their bullheadedness will end up killing this game a second time if they don't act fast.

morikaze

Banned
You tell them straight up: It's an online game that millionsa re trying to play at the same time, and it's not exactly stable. The game is great and within a few days all should be well.

(I wasn't able to play Diablo III for 2 weeks because of server errors, and when I did get on, the lag was so horrible it might as well have been unplayable.)

No sub fee until the 9th/10th of September, + if you get the PS3 version you get 30 days free like you would as if you were new.

2 Weeks.
Were we can barely get on.

Aw yiss. Better than nothing! Thanks.

Kainazzo

Whew, finally not only managed to get in the server, but also do some instances! Any chance I could be invited to the LS? My username is Meyto Leinbech, in Ultros.

I said this same thing to myself about the problems of 1.0. Replace days with weeks/months.

At the current rate of their taking care of this, which is to say they completely aren't, it's gonna take more than a few days.

As I've said before, SE couldn't afford to botch this twice. There are a lot of people, like me, trying to give them a second chance who are at the edge of walking away again. In addition to that a LOT of people are impatient and won't hesitate to return this game or quickly stop playing due to the problems and go with a competitor.

Their bullheadedness will end up killing this game a second time if they don't act fast.

1.0's problems were well, well, well beyond server issues. I think most people are seeing that, beyond the login issues, there IS a good game here. You couldn't say that about 1.0. There's no major design flaws, no crazy stupid limitations on your playtime, no horribly slow menus and unoptimized graphics. The GAME inside is great, just getting in is a huge PITA right now and probably for a few days.

I agree with what your saying, and I pray that SE has a plan of action that'll be revealed by, say, morning, because the Internet is impatient. But I hope people aren't writing off the game because 20000 people are trying to login to each server and the server is getting unintentionally DDoS'd forcing SE to protect it's super expensive server equipment to prevent further meltdown.

No, you tell them to roll on a Japanese server and get no issues.

Or this. This works well. XD

Mairu

Anyone playing with an nvidia gpu? Curious what driver you're using.

I've been getting some GPU driver crashes lately... and every time the driver crashes while I play it means I get 15fps until I relaunch the game. You can see where the problem with that is.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I can't speak for SimCity but I was actually able to play D3 and with my friends no less on release.

I work at a small game store and I have one guy who pre-ordered this for his wife and himself. I either tell him about the problem and possibly not make a sale, or sell this busted mess to him and let him find out all too late.

This is a choice I shouldn't have to make.

You tell them straight up: It's an online game that millionsa re trying to play at the same time, and it's not exactly stable. The game is great and within a few days all should be well.

No, you tell them to roll on a Japanese server and get no issues.

Teknoman

At least the difference here is that 1.0 gameplay and environment wasnt that great. The problem with 2.0 should be a relatively easy fix compared to that.

By some miracle, hopefully they'll have a decent amount of servers added or at least up capacity before tomorrow morning.

I managed to put in a good few hours today.
I played around with a few different classes, my plan of attack is to get each class per city to level 20 (started in Ul'Dah, currently got Therm at 16, Miner at 15, Smith at 13 and Glad at 7) before moving on to the next city. And then from there focus on which I prefer, to move towards the job I want.

Trickiest part is the gil, the crafting jobs drain a lot of cash without access to all gathering jobs, so I'll see how far I can get without being forced into a different city.

Having a lot of fun!
ffxiv_27082013_003705_zps8aba976d.png

Looking forward to the servers stabilizing a bit so I can do some partying with my other character :)

So do legacy players get there subscription fee reduced even further for buying in bulk on top of the 9.99$ base line? 47.98 for 180 day subscription seems incredibly cheap compared to alot of other sub based mmo's I have played.

Baleoce

Even if I did get booted off directly after it, I'm just glad I've got a retainer unlocked now. So I can get back to chillaxing on crafting/gathering jobs without having to worry about inventory/gil.

Also, has anyone seen the coeurl mounts when a tarufell is riding them? So teeeeeny XD

Foaloal

Anyone know a trick to remove the T for Teen and Square Enix splashscreens that come up every time you start the game? Usually you just have to rename a file or two, but it doesn't look like it'll be that easy with this game.

Rafterman

Banned
So, I keep getting a user ID/Password is incorrect error when trying to use the Mog Station, anyone else getting this? I know the info is correct because I played all day using it, and I can still log into the SE site just fine.

Will it be ok for people to be mad about this tomorrow?

I say yes. A lot of people will still play the "BUT ITS AN MMO LAUNCH" card.

As irritated as I may be I do eagerly await tomorrow's results. Either SE will get their asses in gear or the flames will sweep over the mountainside and consume all.

Teknoman

Will it be ok for people to be mad about this tomorrow?

100%. Im still hoping by some miracle there is a post about new servers added or server capacity upgraded early in the morning, preventing the 8th Umbral Era.

Arent the NA/EU servers somewhere in Canada?

Also i'm surprised we havent had much in dev rep posting on the forums. They used to talk all the time in the 1.0 days.

1017 for the past 6 hours unfortunately (5-11am AEST). I really wanted to login and try to get my Chocobo today.

I bought FFXIV solely for the purpose of killing time until Rome 2 launches...but looks like I'm back to twiddling my thumbs and constantly looking for fresh Total War news.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
What is so bad about being on the same server as 4chan and Alla? Besides the server bring full all the time, obviously.

Also i'm surprised we havent had much in dev rep posting on the forums. They used to talk all the time in the 1.0 days.

With how vitriolic the forums are, any sane dev/community rep would stay far, far, far away until they're given exact words to speak by corporate or whoever.

Being a Community Rep for an MMO has got to be the corporate equivalent of...like..customer service person at Wal-Mart.

scosher

With how vitriolic the forums are, any sane dev/community rep would stay far, far, far away until they're given exact words to speak by corporate or whoever.

Being a Community Rep for an MMO has got to be the corporate equivalent of...like..customer service person at Wal-Mart.

Silence is much much worse. I appreciated the number of maintenances, tweets, and official apology for Yoshida, even if nothing really has been fixed.

It is a much worse look to go 24+ hours without even acknowledging the problem, like what happened with 3102 errors in P4.

Sorry to the two people from Gaf I was with on Toto-Rak
I answered the door for a minute while I was dead, came back took the shortcut then my PS3 froze on the load.
now the dang server is full.

Silence is much much worse. I appreciated the number of maintenances, tweets, and official apology for Yoshida, even if nothing really has been fixed.

It is a much worse look to go 24+ hours without even acknowledging the problem, like what happened with 3102 errors in P4.

They can't expect to launch like this, can they? They'll get savaged in the reviews tomorrow...

Because its the responsible thing to do? Every person that stays logged in all day, is one more person denied any gameplay during the whole day.

Being responsible has earned me 3 days of error 1017 the only time I can actually play. I'm frustrated after working 10 days straight, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom