• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uthred

If I log into the SE account system where you add Crysta, etc. it shows that I have FFXIV (but theres no option to enter any codes or such). If I log into the SE account on the http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/ page then under my account it doesnt show FFXIV under registered games. Should it? Does the fact its now showing mean that if I buy a copy of ARR to get the early access that I wont get the extras for owning a v1.0 CE?

Khrno

Certainly not Legacy! No matter where you are, there will be folks that will be at top of the game day 1. Yet folks worry about dealing with those that are capped out already. If anything, non legacy is in for a more unstable economy in comparison.

Amen.

Omnicent

What is a FATE alliance?

A group that grinds out Fates. You need everyone to 'tag' as many enemies possible to get the most amount of credit as well as mow down enemies for chains (to tag you need to be the first person to hit the enemy, otherwise you need to do a certain % of damage to get credit from the enemy). Getting the armory buff also helps. There is probably more to it, but thats all I can remember from the reddit post.

While I didnt join any groups, I went nuts with Overpower on my MRD. People tend to kill things quick enough that it wasn't to much of a problem tagging hordes for credit (and i'm not squishy like a mage, so I guess that helped too)

daveo42

Banned
9fwi.png

That's a bit on the insane side. At least they are prepped for launch.

Nags

Banned
Something to keep in mind that will make your lives easier if you are a new player on PS3.

-Just commit a good amount of time to setting up custom macros once you have more abilities and gear than you can sort through with manual commands and navigation alone.

-Use a keyboard. I probably don't need to explain this to anyone in the thread, but it is essential. Not only for chatting but once you learn text commands, this can be used as an alternate input method once you understand your abilities and recasts. Great for abilities with high recast times. This is sort of an advanced method, but once you understand the language of the commands, it becomes very useful.
EDIT: The hotbar is somewhat limited with 16 commands per display on the hud, if you can finesse with the controller alone and can manage your sets by hitting R1 alone, more power to you.

-Learn the language of the commands.

Jinko

Certainly not Legacy! No matter where you are, there will be folks that will be at top of the game day 1. Yet folks worry about dealing with those that are capped out already. If anything, non legacy is in for a more unstable economy in comparison.

Yea definitely , I have always said this when people wanted to start on a new server, you will get a handful of people who will rush to 50 and corner the market, after 3-4 days it will settle down and a week it will be no different to Legacy.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Nonlegacy: You can be one of those people at the top of the economy.
Legacy: You wont have chance.

Khrno

So where's this FAQ that Unknown Soldier had made or was making or something? We should have a FAQ in the OP, and have a "hot topics" section, with the current one being:

"Where is my ARR game? I registered the code but it's not there, did FFVII kill it?"

"Where are my CE items? I registered the code but they're not there, did FFVII kill them?"

chrono01

Well I redeemed my 18 [and afterwards, the 20] digit code in the appropriate sites. No email yet, but I hope to receive one soon.

I checked the Account Management site after I registered the code and there was no mention of either the Early Access or the Bonus Items. I suppose they're not listed.

One weird thing I encountered was that I had two different login information for the Square-Enix Membership site and, after entering my Pre-Order Bonus details and registering the game on the site, they show up on both accounts. Not sure how that happened [maybe it's because they share the same email and name, albeit, different passwords?]. Either way, it says it was registered so I suppose I can now relax.

What a headache, though....

Ferrio

Banned
Nonlegacy: You can be one of those people at the top of the economy.
Legacy: You wont have chance.

Exactly. And just because people rush doesn't mean you can't make something out of it. Those people are rushing, so they will buy shit at higher prices to get there faster. Server startup is the best time cause you can make whatever you want out of it.

phierce

Is there any distinct advantage or disadvantage to choosing one grand company over the others?...or are they ultimately all the same with a different quest line/story line?

I've searched for comparisons of the three and can't really find much, so I'm assuming they're pretty much the same.

opoth

Banned
It's too bad that the entire client has to download again on PS3. Looking forward to wiping the P4 client to free up some space ASAP.

Compared to PS3? It's like playing a different game.

Well I know PC looks better. The reason I asked is because one of my RAM ports is shot and I'm trying to assess if it would even be worth it to replace the MoBo if FFXIV is my primary game.

That's more than enough if you are playing full screen and not much process on the background. If you want to go Windowed and multi-task, then I recommend 8 GB.

Thanks, that covers it.

Aeana

Oh good, we haven't had a legacy vs. fresh server war yet today. I can't believe you guys. You never miss an opportunity.

Varna

I imagine enabling SGSSAA just tanks the frames regardless of hardware right?

I got a 18,000 score in the benchmark but the actual game didn't run nearly as smooth as I would have liked. Lots of drops into the 40s.

Anyone with an AMD card try forcing better AA using CCC? I tried a couple times in the beta, but I couldn't really tell a difference in anything. Wasn't sure if I was doing it right (although I think I was... lol). I really wish the game had better AA in general. I don't get it - 1.0 had a lot more AA options than this does. You can only turn on FXAA in ARR. D;

Khrno

Oh good, we haven't had a legacy vs. fresh server war yet today. I can't believe you guys. You never miss an opportunity.

Hell yeah!!

Legacy Master Race vs New Player Peasant

Someone edit this guy here with a red background and legacy logo please.

24434-pc_gaming_master_race.jpg

I imagine enabling SGSSAA just tanks the frames regardless of hardware right?

I got a 18,000 score in the benchmark but the actual game didn't run nearly as smooth as I would have liked. Lots of drops into the 40s.

It murders frame rate. It's also not going to work properly anyways when the DX11 client drops. I would just learn to love the in-game FXAA and be happy.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Exactly. And just because people rush doesn't mean you can't make something out of it. Those people are rushing, so they will buy shit at higher prices to get there faster. Server startup is the best time cause you can make whatever you want out of it.
There's also the fact that everyone starts out with 0 gil. In a buy low sell high economy, the richest people on legacy will control the economy day 1 till the end. It'll take a month or so for people on fresh servers to start controlling the economy if that's their desire.

Jinko

Anyone with an AMD card try forcing better AA using CCC? I tried a couple times in the beta, but I couldn't really tell a difference in anything. Wasn't sure if I was doing it right (although I think I was... lol). I really wish the game had better AA in general. I don't get it - 1.0 had a lot more AA options than this does. You can only turn on FXAA in ARR. D;

You can force better AA with sweetFX FWIW.

Torquill

When you enter the 12 digit code you receive at PSN (after you redreen the 18 digit one on the website) it triggers a fresh download of the client, even if you have the P4 client installed already.

Mmm, doesn't mean much. You are allowed to download the same installable software multiple times on the PlayStation 3. Still, certainly doesn't hurt to do it and be safe.

Jijidasu

Re: SGSSAA - I know what's wrong with the injection and I'm working on it. I'll have a fix for you guys sometime next week.

In game FXAA only applies to character models it seems and does nothing for the grass/shrubbery which is why you get pixel flickering when moving. It's irritating and I don't like it, that's why I'm working on SGSSAA that doesn't suck the life out of your frames.

Is not a problem anymore. Since SE will lock server with too much load, all what will be left is Legacy servers, these poor souls will fall into our hands! MUAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Well, I put in my code, and got an invalid 20 digit number. I waited on the phone for 2 HOURS to talk to an S-E guy and he sayd that he can do nothing, check the fucking twitter. Thanks dude, that's great.

opoth

Banned
The 4 day window between code registration (as convoluted as the process is) is probably the first smart thing S-E has done with this launch. They probably knew there'd be code registration issues and a lot of unhappy campers if registration and early access coincided...

Finally got it to work. for those of you who are still getting error 3 its because it still thinks you're EU when you're in NA.

-Click on your name at the top of the page and go to your profile.
-When it loads look and see what the address of your profile is. Mine said eu.profile address.

-If yours says this simply change the eu. to na. and press enter once it loads hit back two times and input your code it should work.

hope that helps.

Just noticed this post, thanks, just worked for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom