• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dex

I updated my billing cycle to 180 days. Said it would costs 0.00. But then I checked my account status and it said the correct amount for the next time I get billed. :( haha (Love dat Legacy discount tho)

akaoni

Banned
I've registered my Windows copy and set my subscription options on the Mog Station. It says I'll get billed at the end of September (I forget the exact date). Does that mean I won't get my veteran rewards until then?

And what happens when I register my PS3 copy and get even more free play time?

If you pay for a subscription plan, apparantly you are rewarded right away with the reward plan scheme. So you can wait and get your rewards when you decide to pay for it, or pay right now and get the rewards now based on how long you pre-pay for.

I'm not sure you can stack free play time from copies, probably not, unless you want to run 2 separate accounts? It will give you access to play on either platform if you add both to the one account of course. You'll have to wait and see on that one, maybe they will let it stack, it's a good question.

Khrno

About Veteran Rewards

Veteran Rewards are special in-game item bonuses received based on how long you've had an active subscription.
These rewards will be distributed via mog letter once you've reached a certain number of days subscribed.

Rank 1
Accumulated Subscription Days: 30 days

reward1_1.png
reward1_2.png

Rank 2
Accumulated Subscription Days: 60 days

reward2_1.png
reward2_2.png

Rank 3
Accumulated Subscription Days: 90 days

reward3_1.png
reward3_2.png

Rank 4
Accumulated Subscription Days: 180 days

To Be Announced
Scheduled for Version 2.1

Veteran Reward Requirements

Accumulated Subscription Days

Accumulated Subscription Days" refers to the total number of days subscribed to your service account, rather than actual play time.
This total will not be reset.
Selecting 30 days for your first subscription purchase will grant you the Rank 1 Veteran Rewards automatically.
Purchase of an additional 30 day subscription will bring your total up to 60 days, granting you the Rank 2 Veteran Rewards.

Furthermore, purchase of a subscription exceeding 30 days will grant Veteran Rewards based on the corresponding subscription period.

Ex: Purchasing a 90 day subscription will grant the following:
Rank 1 (30 days): Wind-up Cursor Minion, Fantasia
Rank 2 (60 days): Black Chocobo Chick, Cascadier Uniform Voucher
Rank 3 (90 days): Beady Eye, Voidal Resonator

Periods of Inactivity

In the event there is a break in your subscription, the period between the expiration and renewal of your subscription will not be included in the total.

idle.png

Receiving Veteran Rewards

Veteran Rewards will be distributed to all characters associated with the corresponding service account via mog letter.
* Veteran Rewards will also be distributed to newly created characters.

Precaution Regarding Rewards

Please note that Veteran Rewards will only be distributed once per character.
Square Enix cannot be held responsible should these items be lost or accidentally sold in-game. Please take care when keeping track of these items.

About Fantasia

Fantasia grants you a single opportunity to edit your character.
You will be allowed to change your race, gender, appearance, date of birth, and patron deity.
*Your starting class and name cannot be changed.

Changing Your Appearance

After using Fantasia, you will be allowed to change your appearance in the character creation screen upon your next login.
At the character selection screen, right click the character or press square to proceed to the character creator.
* Before using Fantasia, you must remove all equipment except for your main hand.

Precautions
  • If you do not choose to change your appearance at the character selection screen, you will not lose the effect of Fantasia.
  • When you have finished using the character creator, Fantasia will be consumed even if there are no changes in your character's appearance.
  • The appearance change granted by Fantasia will not be saved until you have completed using the character creator.

WolvenOne

okay, so I was all set to buy this tomorrow but it looks like I should follow my own advice from earlier and wait a few days. I'm actually off from work all of next week... so if this game is working I'll be a vegetable for a week :p

I'd be doing the same, if I weren't already hopelessly addicted to this game. *sigh.*

I played about 16 hours over the weekend. Am Lvl 13 on behemoth.

After trying to log in 25 or so times today I decided I really didn't want to play today.

Selvaria

If you pay for a subscription plan, apparantly you are rewarded right away with the reward plan scheme. So you can wait and get your rewards when you decide to pay for it, or pay right now and get the rewards now based on how long you pre-pay for.

I'm not sure you can stack free play time from copies, probably not, unless you want to run 2 separate accounts? It will give you access to play on either platform if you add both to the one account of course. You'll have to wait and see on that one, maybe they will let it stack, it's a good question.

But the thing that has me confused is the billing date. I'll only get charged by the end of September. I'm hoping to get the rewards right away. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Another thing that's odd is that it says I have 0 characters available. I have 6 created at the moment. Anyone know what that's about?

akaoni

Banned
But the thing that has me confused is the billing date. I'll only get charged by the end of September. I'm hoping to get the rewards right away. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Another thing that's odd is that it says I have 0 characters available. I have 6 created at the moment. Anyone know what that's about?

Can you not pay for further subscription beyond your free month in advance, as in now? That's the only way you will get the rewards now from what I understand.

Where does it say the character thingy? Not sure what that's referring to.

Nekofrog

Banned
Ordered the digital download from gamestop. Got my first code. Entered it. Got my registration code. Entered it in the launcher: "The entered code is not valid".

god
fucking
damn it square enix.

WolvenOne

Got the laptop open to my browser, the desktop loaded up with the FFXIV client. Trying to log in every ten to fifteen seconds. Getting the world full error every time.

Siiiiiiiigh.

Got the laptop open to my browser, the desktop loaded up with the FFXIV client. Trying to log in every ten to fifteen seconds. Getting the world full error every time.

Siiiiiiiigh.

Hang in there and keep trying.

I was watching a stream on one monitor, trying to log in on the other, and playing Dragon's Crown on the TV. :(

I want to say it's not worth it, but when you finally get in and start doing stuff...

sogood.gif

Ordered the digital download from gamestop. Got my first code. Entered it. Got my registration code. Entered it in the launcher: "The entered code is not valid".

god
fucking
damn it square enix.

Make sure if you are NA that your language icon at the bottom shows an American flag. If you see a European looking flag you are trying to validate a euro code so your NA code won't work... And visa versa. I had this issue Friday. Even if your profile is set to a language the website seems to route you based on that icon at the bottom.

Kyon

Banned
O @ this midnight Launch at GameStop netting me a FFXIV ARR Cloth :O

Even though technically this is a Madden launch but Ew who cares about thy crap when you have FF

MKAllDay

I couldn't log in so I went and played two Dota games. Came back and still can't log in with the same error. Good to see they are hard at work fixing this game right before "official" release.

So, the Moogle page is showing that I have my account set as "standard" for Windows. However, it says I have 15 remaining days. Anyone know what's up? When I go to click on the World icon with the +, it tells me i would need a PS3 to activate a PS3 account, so I am assuming my PC code is good (even though I have not input a retail account in moogle. just the key given to us after putting in the pre-order code).

EDIT: Also, it's showing "no available characters"

Selvaria

Can you not pay for further subscription beyond your free month in advance, as in now? That's the only way you will get the rewards now from what I understand.

Where does it say the character thingy? Not sure what that's referring to.

Don't think I can pay right away.

Here's what it looks like on the Mog Station under Account Services.

image_zpsf451b042.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
About Veteran Rewards

Veteran Rewards are special in-game item bonuses received based on how long you've had an active subscription.
These rewards will be distributed via mog letter once you've reached a certain number of days subscribed.

Still can't believe they never offered an appearance alteration in FFXI in it's 11 year go.

Berordn

I got a question,If I buy the game from Psn,do I need to delete the phase 4 launcher? or will buying it from psn just unlock it without the need to download again?

sorry if this has been asked before.

P4 client is identical to the final client on PC at least. Pretty sure it's the same on PS3.

ReaperXL7

So I have a couple questions if anyone can answer them yet. If I purchase the game on PS3 has there been any confirmation on if we can purchase our subs through the playstation network? If so, and I were to buy the longest running sub option, and then switch from PS3 to PS4 once the PS4 version releases will my sub carry over?

I assume it would carry over since you have to have a seperate SE account, so I figured it would be attached to that primarily, but im unsure. Im still likely going to wait until they get the server nonsense dealt with before I bother, but I do want to play the game, I had allot of fun with the Beta for as long as I got to play it.

akaoni

Banned
Don't think I can pay right away.

Here's what it looks like on the Mog Station under Account Services.

image_zpsf451b042.jpg

Perhaps nobody can pay until the game launches/early access ends. At least I haven't seen anyone with the mount or in the swimsuits (outside legacy).

I'll find out for myself soon enough when I bother to register my game. Until then patience, you will get your swimsuit soon enough miss Selvaria Bles!

akaoni

Banned
So I have a couple questions if anyone can answer them yet. If I purchase the game on PS3 has there been any confirmation on if we can purchase our subs through the playstation network? If so, and I were to buy the longest running sub option, and then switch from PS3 to PS4 once the PS4 version releases will my sub carry over?

I assume it would carry over since you have to have a seperate SE account, so I figured it would be attached to that primarily, but im unsure. Im still likely going to wait until they get the server nonsense dealt with before I bother, but I do want to play the game, I had allot of fun with the Beta for as long as I got to play it.

Your subscription is universal across any of the platforms, an active account is an active count. The license to play on each platform is separate, so as long as you have a copy it will carry over to any platform.

EDIT: Double-post, sorry.

Playing customer support for Square-Enix at 5am does that to you.

Selvaria

Perhaps nobody can pay until the game launches/early access ends. At least I haven't seen anyone with the mount or in the swimsuits (outside legacy).

I'll find out for myself soon enough when I bother to register my game. Until then patience, you will get your swimsuit soon enough miss Selvaria Bles!

says the same thing on my account too, no available characters. at least it's not just you ;)

Okay. Guess I'll just have to wait it out. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom