• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Speaking of leveling up multiple classes, is it better to focus on one at a time (say, up to 30) and then switch, or do them in rotation? I haven't touched disciples of hand or land yet, what's best for maining as MRD?
I'd expect you should level GLD some so you can use some of its abilities on MRD to aid tanking.

Berordn

Does it get added to your retainer? I noticed that you can store gil on the retainer, so maybe when you sell something, you have to retrieve it from them? Sorry, just a guess, I have no actual experience.

This is exactly what happens. Just have to withdraw from the retainer after it's been sold.

Subxero

Tiberius_Rex_130827121218.jpg

Here's mine.

Tama_Hawk_130827121449.jpg

Here's the one I got logged in on today. This one is actually lvl. 9 too.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Still only 13 on my Conjurer, I'm having a great time. This is the first MMORPG in a long time for me to really have a "sense of place." It's just a combination of the characters, visuals, music, and such that create an atmosphere that really resonates with me.

It definitely doesn't seem to really be doing anything revolutionary in the genre, but it's well put together and I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far.

Mail should be instant? Might be a temp measure for server load.

Not sure. I had to log out and back in to get my CE items to show up earlier. Might be server stress though.

Does it get added to your retainer? I noticed that you can store gil on the retainer, so maybe when you sell something, you have to retrieve it from them? Sorry, just a guess, I have no actual experience.

This is exactly what happens. Just have to withdraw from the retainer after it's been sold.

Thanks. I'm not sure why I didn't check this. Guess it just didn't cross my mind. Appreciate the help.

WolvenOne

Can't wait till the servers are stable enough that I can feel comfortable enough to log in and work on non-combat jobs. Right now, I'm just too focused on getting caught up with the rest of GAF, so I can take part in Fate camping and such.

Gonna have to call it a night. Had a ton of fun today! And no issues to boot! Managed to get my Conjurer to level 17, beat Sastasha, and I got to play with some peeps from UltrosGAF!

WolvenOne

Okay, looks like Halatali's been upgraded into a Level 32 Quest, or at least thats how it seems. So, I guess it's Ifrit, than Taco Rak.

blackflag

I used my GAF name. Hopefully I can Change my surname later cuz it's dumb and I put gibberish hoping I could turn it off.

On vacation in San Diego until tomorrow night though. Gonna try but not planning on playing Tuesday night when I get back. I'm sure servers will be destroyed.

koji kabuto

SE sent me an email with a broken link to register my CE code lol......

Thank you for purchasing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Here is your Game Activation Code

XXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX

How do I redeem my Game Activation Code?
You can redeem your Game Activation Code when prompted the first time you log in to the game.

Alternatively you can redeem your Game Activation Code via the Mog Station here.

http://www.square-enix.com/ffxivredeemcodeeu

When going to the link this is what i get

The page you are looking for may no longer be available, or the URL may have been entered incorrectly.
Please try looking for the page from the Square Enix top page.

So....any idea how to redeem my CE code now lol?

So what's the consensus on scholar vs. white mage as far as healing goes? Is one better?

And what about tanking for marauder(can warrior tank?) vs. gladiator/paladin?

Caj814

So yeah I can't seem to download the patch in the client. It keeps getting close to completion and either timing out or giving me some other error telling me the patch couldn't install due to being incomplete. Is there any mirrors to the latest patch files I could download and install manually? Every time I try again with the launcher it keeps starting all over again.

Roulette

I'd expect you should level GLD some so you can use some of its abilities on MRD to aid tanking.

Yep, I planned to hit 30 with my MRD before levelling GLD, but I had a little trouble holding aggro in Hala last night, so I'm going to raise GLD a bit, if only for Flash.

I tend to underuse Overpower, though.

WolvenOne

Are people getting on and off okay right now? I'd love to take a fifteen minute break, if only to rest my eyes from starring at a computer screen. That, and I'd just assume get my CE gear and stuff, even if I cannot use all of it just yet.

Shouta

Oh cool. I found out that slots in gear = 100% chance of a materia but you can try melding beyond that number at the cost of a chance for failure. This strikes a really awesome balance between dropped and crafted gear performance.

BizzyBum

I have a 120hz monitor and when I choose my resolution in-game it only shows 60hz. Is there an .ini or something so I can make the refresh rate 120 for the game?

WolvenOne

Okay, regardless of whether I get back in, I've gotta break. Among other things, I think my controllers batteries are dying on me, need to find replacements.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Speaking of leveling up multiple classes, is it better to focus on one at a time (say, up to 30) and then switch, or do them in rotation? I haven't touched disciples of hand or land yet, what's best for maining as MRD?

GLD most def. Since you need flash the AOE taunt.

Though there are some useful skills to be had from the other classes too like the PUGs Second Wind ability.

Though if you really want to be a pure tank Id say go GLD over MRD. Since you will have higher def in general.

Einbroch

Banned
Finally, a challenge. The Ifrit fight is a ton of fun. We wiped twice, once when everything went crazy in the middle, and once because the healer lagged really bad early on.

Those are the fights I want. More of those, please!

Are people getting on and off okay right now? I'd love to take a fifteen minute break, if only to rest my eyes from starring at a computer screen. That, and I'd just assume get my CE gear and stuff, even if I cannot use all of it just yet.

I just logged off and on without any problems.

Whooter

Lost lambs are really lost. CANT FIND THEM

I had the same problem. They're located in a completely separate area from the other two types of target mobs. Go back into the city, and go out the other gate.

Sorry, don't have more specifics. I'm at work and away from the game.

Tarazet

Yep, I planned to hit 30 with my MRD before levelling GLD, but I had a little trouble holding aggro in Hala last night, so I'm going to raise GLD a bit, if only for Flash.

I tend to underuse Overpower, though.

I have trouble holding aggro too. That's because you don't have your tanking stance yet - you get it at 30 and that should dramatically improve your ability to hold threat. Paladins don't even get theirs until 40, which is bizarre. At 30 they get Sword Oath, which is like their DPS stance and makes them a little more Marauder-like. At 30, Warrior gets Defiance, which makes them more Gladiator-like. It's bizarre the way they did it.

Absolutely loving the game now that I can play it reliably. Had no issues all evening with 3 DF dungeons, forming a new guild with my buddies, and questing for hours after unlocking the Maelstrom up to the lead-up to the next dungeon. I haven't even unlocked my Chocobo yet because I was enjoying just chaining the quests, but I have 1500 Seals from random Fates I joined so it won't be long.

It's too bad that the only way to make the servers bulletproof is to throttle people, but even as it was, Midgardsormr seemed absolutely jam-packed. It seemed like every zone had hundreds of people in it at all times.

Einbroch

Banned
Not having problems holding agro on either my GLD or my MRD.

Usually it goes Overpower/Flash x 2, then two rounds of combo+threat, then another Flash, two rounds of combo+threat, repeat. Throw in MP regeneration on GLD, DPS+ on MRD.

Of course, if the DPS doesn't target my target it gets messy. But a soft "please target my initial target when DPSing, thanks" usually does the trick.

Any tips on playing Lancer effectively? I've rolled with LNC since Phase 3 but not enough to know if I'm doing it right. I'm not MMO saavy but I'd really like to pull my weight down the line.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Any tips on playing Lancer effectively? I've rolled with LNC since Phase 3 but not enough to know if I'm doing it right. I'm not MMO saavy but I'd really like to pull my weight down the line.

Deal as much damage as possible without generating so much hate that monsters pull off the tank?

Most of the good guys Ive played with just basically stick with their directional specific attacks. And help with any adds that might show up. Basically they stay on the sides or behind the target most of the time. Dont stand out in the front with the tank.

WolvenOne

Got right back in with no trouble.

Obviously the trick it to wait until the East Coast goes to bed. Hopefully, the issues shrink a bit every day.

Argh, so poor. Need to earn some gil.
In phase 3 I didn't really buy anything and I ended up with like 30k by the time I finished the quest line. Now. I've just I finished Sastasha only have a little over 7.5k. I guess levequests make a big difference since I haven't done as many as I did in the beta.

Tarazet

There's an excellent article about exactly that. At endgame, it comes down to Heavy Thrust, 3-step combo (one of two depending on whether you are maintaining debuffs), Jump, repeat. The rest is timely cooldown usage.

http://ffxivrealm.com/guides/p4-launch-blood-for-blood-a-dragoons-compendium-8-1-update.17/

froliq

Also haven't had any problems tanking with my MRD with GLD ranked up to 11. My rotation is almost similar to Einbroch's. I think 2 aoe enmity after tomahawk pull is key in keeping up. Single target shouldn't be a problem at all, wait with using maim untill you're comfortable they wont pull the mob off you. The party ui has a threat/hate/enmity meters, whatever you want to call it under the class icons which can be of help.

Oh, and here's my card thingy for no reason!
Lyndis_Dinhe_130827012337.jpg

Deal as much damage as possible without generating so much hate that monsters pull off the tank?

Most of the good guys Ive played with just basically stick with their directional specific attacks. And help with any adds that might show up. Basically they stay on the sides or behind the target most of the time. Dont stand out in the front with the tank.
There's an excellent article about exactly that. At endgame, it comes down to Heavy Thrust, 3-step combo (one of two depending on whether you are maintaining debuffs), Jump, repeat. The rest is timely cooldown usage.

http://ffxivrealm.com/guides/p4-launch-blood-for-blood-a-dragoons-compendium-8-1-update.17/
Thanks. I see alot of conversation about tanking and healing but rarely dps.

Guys, what the fuck, The ID I login to the square enix website doesn't work for lodestone and Greenmangaming's Capsule doesn't download the game.

Why can't I get to downloading my game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom