• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to make it so LB on my controller isnt auto run in combat? haha. I kinda need it to JUST switch targets, not make me start running :p

Trying to tank Brayflox's Longstop as a Paladin with even a modicum of server lag is completely miserable. Managed to beat it but that place can go to hell until the servers are running better or I am on another job :l

Seiru

Banned
Alright, home after a long day at work. Do I get to play for an hour before bed?

EDIT: Nope, 1017. Guess I don't play today.

Aerocrane

When will they send the code for this? Later tonight?

I pre-ordered through the SE store. This is all very confusing. ;_;

I received my key from the SE store in a email couple hours ago.
The email was titled "FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Game Activation"

Aeana

Did Ifrit three times in a row. The second time with a pugilist and two arcanists. We had a topaz carbuncle tank, and I healed it (conjurer). Fun times. It went more smoothly than the first time with an actual tank.

kiryogi

Banned
Eithne_Rain_130826094156.jpg

On a different note, AV kicked our ass. Coincounter is like a faster 1.x version. XD

apricot

Hey all I know most Gaffers are rolling elsewhere, but if anyone wants a Pugilist pal for casual play (I'm a total MMO newb) on Cactuar feel free to add me! The name's Chive Thistlewood

Edit:
Chive_Thistlewood_130826113614.jpg

Ken

Rolled on Faeri since the GAF servers are full. Not sure how long I'll stick with the game but if I end up liking it I might re-roll in the future.

Finally got back in...I only logged off since I was gonna be idle for a bit but still thought it'd only be fair to free a spot for someone else. There are a lot of GAF people running around

Aeana

lol I don't even recognize most if not all of the GAFers in the game.
Well, it's certainly not easy since people didn't use their GAF names as their character names (myself included). But there's over 400 people in the FC on Ultros, and we definitely don't have over 400 people posting in this thread, so some are probably lurkers.

qq more

Well, it's certainly not easy since people didn't use their GAF names as their character names (myself included). But there's over 400 people in the FC on Ultros, and we definitely don't have over 400 people posting in this thread, so some are probably lurkers.
lol true. I don't even use my GAF name.

Yeah I've heard a bunch are lurkers apparently.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
God, I love the art on the CE box. My copy should arrive tomorrow and I'd probably get banned if I explained the things I plan on doing to it.

chrono01

Add one more to the 400+ [once I can actually log in].

My luck in doing so has been...poor. :(

Holy cow I played a lot after not being able to log in all Saturday. Hopefully tomorrow I can get to 30 and start my job quest by Wednesday.

The servers are probably going to explode tomorrow though....

Also since it's apparent that you can use keyboard and mouse on the ps3 they should at least patch it so you can chance the hud to a keyboard layout instead of controller layout

WolvenOne

Okay, registered my code for the game, so I have 34 days to play the game before I have to pay again. Hopefully they'll be sending me all my CE items through the in game mail soon. Doing the level 20 Marauder quest now, then I'm off to Camp Drybone

Aeana

Okay, registered my code for the game, so I have 34 days to play the game before I have to pay again. Hopefully they'll be sending me all my CE items through the in game mail soon. Doing the level 20 Marauder quest now, then I'm off to Camp Drybone
You'll get the stuff next time you log in. If you were already logged in when you redeemed it, you have to relog to get the items. Not that I recommend doing so if you intend to play for a while.

Apoptomon

Ah, so, hopefully tomorrow then.

Incidentally, does anybody know how to unlock that second dungeon in Thanalan, near Drybone. Hetali or something like that?
You need to talk to an NPC in Vesper Bay, near the scions base to get the quest for halatali, level 20 I think

Ah, so, hopefully tomorrow then.

Incidentally, does anybody know how to unlock that second dungeon in Thanalan, near Drybone. Hetali or something like that?

When you're level 20 there's this guy name nick in vesper bay(I think that's what the place is called) who gives you the quest

Apoptomon

Oh, it's not in the line of the story? Is there a site that lists how to get access to each dungeon?
They just have a normal quest icon. I just pick up as many quests as I can. There probably are sites like that, but I can't name any off the top of my head

Aeana

They just have a normal quest icon. I just pick up as many quests as I can. There probably are sites like that, but I can't name any off the top of my head
I try not to pick up too many quests because I want some left over for when I'm leveling other classes, so I'm unlikely to actually find all of them at first. Since I'm leveling conjurer first, I know I can use dungeons to level, but when I go to level ACN, it's gonna suck a lot more to try to do that, so quests will be helpful for that.

Has anyone sold anything on the market boards and gotten their gil yet?

I sold a few things but can't find an option to retrieve it. I'm guessing it's supposed to show up through moogle mail but that only seems to update when you log off and back on which I'm just not going to do right now.

If that's the only way to get your mail to show up then that's a bit of an oversight I would think.

Rootbeer

Banned
I love this game when there is no sever troubles...

It's okay, tomorrow is make or break. no more excuses. I had no prob logging in in the last 30 mins... uhh, a good sign? :)

if things don't improve then they'll have real explaining to do now.

anyway screw it, as soon as I get my PS3 CE tomorrow i'm in for 180 days... i'm gambling here but the game is really fun. hope they don't let me down (too much)

akaoni

Banned

I sold a few things but can't find an option to retrieve it. I'm guessing it's supposed to show up through moogle mail but that only seems to update when you log off and back on which I'm just not going to do right now.

If that's the only way to get your mail to show up then that's a bit of an oversight I would think.

Mail should be instant? Might be a temp measure for server load.

I'm tempted to pay for 2 months right off the bat just to get the swimsuit. Goddammit Squenix.

We all know it's going to happen, people will pay up front to show off and not feel guilty because it's a subscription. We're all going to do it.

Aeana

Does it get added to your retainer? I noticed that you can store gil on the retainer, so maybe when you sell something, you have to retrieve it from them? Sorry, just a guess, I have no actual experience.

Apoptomon

Speaking of leveling up multiple classes, is it better to focus on one at a time (say, up to 30) and then switch, or do them in rotation? I haven't touched disciples of hand or land yet, what's best for maining as MRD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom