• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munba

It's normal that i haven't characters in my legacy account in the mog station? (i have only 1 account)

And dunno how to add them..

Noi

I love the surname and forename setup.

onixsunblade08_27_201mgsm1.png

Amon-Lau

Seems like SE removed account adding to the Mog Station, a bit late for me but at least they are aware of the issue... =/

Now to wait for an official announcement about it, which I doubt will be soon... :p

I can't log in, what the fuck is this, I reset my password and no matter what it says my Password is incorrect, Square Enix support just keeps telling me to reset my password with no help at all.

Sakura

I think I played for like, 10 hours straight today. Time to take a break. Some of the Fates are crazy with all the people. The Treant one in particular, I can't see anything but leaves and special effects. Need to look into Materia and all that, then do Toto-Rak tomorrow.

kaiju

Curious to hear about the PS3 version.

After playing a good 12 hour portion of the PS3 version of the game, I have to say I am pretty damn impressed with it. I usually prefer my MMO's on PC, but I decided to take a chance and preorder the game on PS3.

Graphics are amazing for a late gen game, and I've immersed myself into the world of Eorzea by running around in first person mode (R3 button). Just beautiful on a big screen HDTV. Fighting isn't as fun in first person but traveling is a goddamn blast.

My PS3 uses wifi, and I've been in battles with tons of people around with no signs of slowdown or any kind of lag whatsoever. Only issues I've had with the game are with the known login problems everyone else is having.

Controls feel fluid and natural, and easy to get used to. If you're the kind of player that likes to talk a lot, you might find switching between PS3 controller to keyboard kind of annoying, but its no different than when I used to play EQOA and FFXI on the PS2.

Really enjoying the PS3 version and they finally made an MMO for the console that I can sink my teeth into. I hear a lot of people saying they want to hold out for the PS4 release but I don't think they would be disappointed with the PS3 one at all.

Just wondering this one thing about error 9000 for those that are on the PS3 version does this error also log you out of PSN and cause you to have trouble reconnecting to PSN?

kaiju

Just wondering this one thing about error 9000 for those that are on the PS3 version does this error also log you out of PSN and cause you to have trouble reconnecting to PSN?

No, I have never been booted off of PSN after getting any errors while in FFXIV.

apricot

After playing a good 12 hour portion of the PS3 version of the game, I have to say I am pretty damn impressed with it. I usually prefer my MMO's on PC, but I decided to take a chance and preorder the game on PS3.

Graphics are amazing for a late gen game, and I've immersed myself into the world of Eorzea by running around in first person mode (R3 button). Just beautiful on a big screen HDTV. Fighting isn't as fun in first person but traveling is a goddamn blast.

My PS3 uses wifi, and I've been in battles with tons of people around with no signs of slowdown or any kind of lag whatsoever. Only issues I've had with the game are with the known login problems everyone else is having.

Controls feel fluid and natural, and easy to get used to. If you're the kind of player that likes to talk a lot, you might find switching between PS3 controller to keyboard kind of annoying, but its no different than when I used to play EQOA and FFXI on the PS2.

Really enjoying the PS3 version and they finally made an MMO for the console that I can sink my teeth into. I hear a lot of people saying they want to hold out for the PS4 release but I don't think they would be disappointed with the PS3 one at all.

Definitely agree with all of this, though I haven't really spent much time in first person mode. I've played both the PC and PS3 version, but for a number of reasons am sticking with the PS3 version as my main. I much prefer combat with the Pugilist using a controller to a keyboard, but downsides include cycling through targets and, of course, chatting with other players. I actually don't have a useable keyboard atm so am just using the keyboard input on the PS3 >_>

Oh, and screenshots don't work for me 90% of the time. Anyone else still having this problem?

I have no idea what is going on with my PS3 then when ever I get error 9000 it boots me off PSN afterward and I have to do a connection test afterwards or reset the ps3 in order to log back into PSN, really hope when launch happens today that you don't need to be logged into PSN to play.

kaiju

I have no idea what is going on with my PS3 then when ever I get error 9000 it boots me off PSN afterward and I have to do a connection test afterwards or reset the ps3 in order to log back into PSN, really hope when launch happens today that you don't need to be logged into PSN to play.

Sounds like an ISP issue. Are you using wifi? How far are you from the router?

When you login to the FFXIV character screen it tells you your connection status. Does it say "Good" or "Excellent"?

To my knowledge you have to be logged into PSN to play any online game, so make sure your connection is good and we'll go from there.

Sounds like an ISP issue. Are you using wifi? How far are you from the router?

When you login to the FFXIV character screen it tells you your connection status. Does it say "Good" or "Excellent"?

To my knowledge you have to be logged into PSN to play any online game, so make sure your connection is good and we'll go from there.

I have excellent connection status and the PS3 is right next to the router, I have been alting between both wired and wifi to see what is causing this issue. It also only happens to me on the Ultros server I have no problems at all when playing on the jp Typhon server.

Qvoth

so.... how do you guys do that signature/player card thingie?

edit: oh and just wanna say thanks for letting me join the fc

Lumine

Hey so did they give us 3 extra days after all? I went to the mog station to register my key but I notice I still have 3 days left. Pretty cool.

kaiju

I have excellent connection status and the PS3 is right next to the router, I have been alting between both wired and wifi to see what is causing this issue. It also only happens to me on the Ultros server I have no problems at all when playing on the jp Typhon server.

Hmm that's crazy. Hearing a lot of horror stories about trying to get into Ultros and some phat PS3's overheating, but never heard anything about a game kicking someone off of PSN before.

Ikon

Well I just woke up and decided to try to do something about my lag. First thing I tried was connecting my ps3 to router via ethernet cable instead of running it on wifi. Seems like that fixed it. Why didn't I do this sooner? :/

So it lets me log into square enix's main site, mogstation, secure.squareenix but not the game launcher or the FFXIV website and it's always saying my ID or password is wrong when I change my password consistently to see if that fixes it.

Which means it thinks my Square Enix ID is wrong even though I can see it right here.

raven777

Yoshida is crying... :(

he has done a hell of job. Although there has been a lot of server problem recently, I still appreciate the job Yoshida and the team did.

Rafterman

Banned
I can't log in, what the fuck is this, I reset my password and no matter what it says my Password is incorrect, Square Enix support just keeps telling me to reset my password with no help at all.

I went through this problem as well, it turned out to be my browser. I use Chrome with No Script/Ad block and those things don't seem to work well with SE's site. Try using IE and see if that works.

Daante

Been MMO free since WOW Cata launched.
Just bought FF XIV ARR digitally trough the SE store this morning.

I think i will play a healing class from the start for the first time ever in a MMO.

YAY EXCITING TIMES!

Baleoce

Hmm, idk how to register this code on the mogstation website. It just refers me to the old SE accounts website whenever I click on either "enter bonus code" or "upgrade to the digital collector's edition".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom