• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munba

Don't worry yoshi-p, you'll be always my hero forever. You saved the FF i waited since 11 and i don't forget it.

/cheer

T.O.P

Banned
Jesse_Pinkman_130827023329.jpg

Can't wait to get off to work, addicction has already kicked in x_x

Alright so I got my account registered on mogstation so tomorrow when I get home I should be good to go?(server issues permitting)

I went ahead and paid for the ce upgrade because I'm an idiot who needs pets

raven777

he looked very tired...

well, I want to really congratulate Yoshi-P and his staff for this game,and hope it really becomes successful. They really did amazing job.

I really hope the server issue is sorted out soon so people don't start quitting the game.

Baleoce

I think.... I just created a second service account by accident using my collectors edition code. Instead of upgrading my original active service to a collectors edition code. I want to hurt something... badly. If I think I've done what I think I just did...

Cmagus

Anyone had any luck registering their PS3 CE yet?

Ps3 version won't work until Sony updates their database unless you had early access. This has nothing to do with Square Enix it is Sony holding it up.

he looked very tired...

well, I want to really congratulate Yoshi-P and his staff for this game,and hope it really becomes successful. They really did amazing job.

I really hope the server issue is sorted out soon so people don't start quitting the game.

He must be worn out I couldn't imagine what a task saving this game was.Let alone the pressure he must be feeling knowing if this fails how bad it could make him look (although it won't).

chrono01

Seeing Yoshi-P almost break down into tears was touching.

Working on something so passionately for several years only to see it finally reach its goal and be released to the public would definitely be emotional. Yoshi-P [and his team] did a great job [from the little bit I've played of the Beta/Early Access] and, even with the server issues in NA/EU, they definitely have a lot to be proud of.

I can easily see myself playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn for many...many years.

WolvenOne

Okay, that's enough for one night. Went up a few levels, worked on my hunting log a bit, got a good chunk of the story quest leading up to Ifrit finished, and grabbed some copper earrings with +2 Strength. :D

Assuming the servers hold up, I should definitely be fighting Ifrit tomorrow. Though, I should probably just resign myself to late night gaming. I prefer doing all my gaming after the suns gone down anyway, and since that is when the servers are most cooperative, in the short term I might as well aim for then.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yoshi P deserves mad fucking credit, worked his ass off

I'm enjoying the game so much

Grave_Robber_130827023941.jpg

Should read level 41, hasn't updated to new level yet

Also we ran into Behemoth FATE, our FATE burning Party got massacred, 35-41 group, he hit me for 7781 damage
He game himself some super buff

Level 50 Behe FATE is going to be jaw dropping fun, when we have AF gear and enough bodies to throw at it lol

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Also a huge Fuck You to the Hunting Log

You say it's in one area, then you place the mob so secretly behind something that people miss or or you overlap the area, even though it's named in area but nowhere near it, like borderline to next spot

Fraxin

he looked very tired...

I sure do hope the game becomes successful as well, and Yoshi-P did a really great job. I do hope other Square Enix directors learn from him how to communicate with fans.

duckroll

Those photos are disgusting. I can't believe that he's put in a position like this even after everything he put into rebooting FFXIV. Square Enix should be embarrassed as a publisher that they don't give their loyal and talented staff members the support they need for a successful launch. It shouldn't be someone like Yoshida crying on a livestream at launch because servers are down, it should be S-E management apologizing to fans that they even need to have a relaunch to begin with. What a fucked up publisher.

WolvenOne

he looked very tired...

Oh dude, I really sorry I missed that.

Yeah, they DO have a lot to be proud of. Beautiful game, incredibly well balanced, lots of stuff to do, an absurd number of places to go and see JUST in the three starting regions. I mean, after years of resisting, somebody finally made a game that made me break down and get an MMORPG.

Heck, a Pay to Play MMO at that, trust me, that's a heck of an accomplishment. XD

J'skah_Sumake_130827024457.jpg

I'm so hardcore. My highest level is my Archer at 19. Oh, can anyone answer my old question? I got to Ul'dah from Gridania via airship and want to start the local quests there, but I can't find where to start them. Do I need to hit a certain level with an Ul'dah class first? There's no missions in the Adventurers Guild.

This also means I can't make a Retainer in any of the cities yet, since it tells me I need to build a reputation and ask at the Adventurers Guild, but obviously I can't do that since there's no missions there! But it says this even in Gridania where I'm the freaking emissary.

So Amazon gave me a code for the CE PC digital download that doesn't fit the registration key spot on the Square Enix site. Seems odd.. what am I missing?

Can one transfer progress across versions? Ie can I play on the PC and then unlock all the trophies on the PS3 version(after thousands of hours one presumes)?

How did that turn out anyway? If I can find a PS3 CE to replace my PC one that got cancelled I'll grab it but otherwise I guess I'll wait for the PS4 version for that sort of transfer.

Baleoce

I'm so gutted about this.... I made a second service account by accident using my collectors edition code. Now when I log into game I get asked to select a service account to log onto.

wrongway

Oh man, I finally got my chocobo. I am excite. And sleepy.

Maybe tomorrow I'll start catching a tank up to complete my archetype trifecta. Dunno which one to focus on, though. They both look cool. :x

WolvenOne

So Amazon gave me a code for the CE PC digital download that doesn't fit the registration key spot on the Square Enix site. Seems odd.. what am I missing?

When you delivered that last letter during the world tour, one of the persons aids should've had a quest for you once you talked to him/her.

WolvenOne

I'm so gutted about this.... I made a second service account by accident using my collectors edition code. Now when I log into game I get asked to select a service account to log onto.

So, you want to unify the accounts? You're probably going to have to call customer service about that, and hope for the best. >_<;;

Baleoce

Xux

I'm fond of handing old gear down to my alts. Is there a lot of bind-on-pickup and bind-on-equip in this game?
Everything binds when you get EXP with it.

You also can't transfer items to another character on your account without a third-party to trade it to.

WolvenOne

Yeah I've used the support centre. Apparently they have a service for people who accidentally do this. It can take up to two weeks to process though apparently. Absolutely gutted.

Don't worry, It's okay, there's no rush, and we'll keep a spot open for you. We'll help you clear out the dungeons real quick when you can finally join in the game. Hopefully it won't take two weeks, but just remember that even then, it'll be okay.

hamchan

Hopefully it's tears of happiness or pride from Yoshi P, since he deserves so much praise for turning the shit game that was FFXIV v1.0 into a legitimately good MMO.

If it was sad tears then that's just... sad :-(

Need to figure out why my monitor just blacks out sometimes...may need to check the drivers for my card or something...it seems to die every so often.

Teknoman

Yoshi and his staff should get a vacation, or does game development not work like that? Its the server maintaining guys that should be putting in the work now.

Everything binds when you get EXP with it.

You also can't transfer items to another character on your account without a third-party to trade it to.

Thanks Xux though I do have a follow-up question: am I good to go if I just loot the item and stick it in the bank for my alts?

WolvenOne

Yoshi and his staff should get a vacation, or does game development not work like that? Its the server maintaining guys that should be putting in the work now.

Not sure really, I think at least portions of FFXIV's development stuff will be given a few days downtime over the next 2-3 weeks, but probably not very long, or all at once.

The sad fact of the matter is, that if you're apart of game development, and you're over the age of thirty, you pretty much have to be a dedicated workaholic by default. This goes doubly true of the Japanese side of development. Simply put, it's just very, VERY demanding, and anybody whom isn't a dedicated workaholic typically burns out before the age of thirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom