• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_chris

Kween

Lady_Yunalesca_130826100626.jpg

I saw you pass by and waved but you kept walking. =( lol

Teknoman

So you actually get to fight Ultima Weapon before any new updates?

Gotta ask, and no spoilers, but have you guys that stuck with your legacy characters and have finished the current story missions:

Is the main story "complete", or does it stop without having to fight a final boss, meaning more scenario missions need to be added (or does the story simply continue with Grand Company missions like 1.0)?

About to buy the digital version for $24, still bummed about my CE order but at that price one can hardly complain! Is there a specific server gaf is sticking to?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Grand Company quest time. Really liking the story so far, to the point where I'm disappointed SE somehow can't make a serious style single player FF like this.

Alur

About to buy the digital version for $24, still bummed about my CE order but at that price one can hardly complain! Is there a specific server gaf is sticking to?

Ultros has the new players GAF guild. Had around 200 of us on at once for a while tonight, it was pretty wild. Good stuff.

WolvenOne

All these spoilers
7732f81d.png

Since I can't understand much Japanese, not so many spoilers for me thankfully.

Reminds me though, gotta search through the Youtubes for videos of the cutscenes this week. I think I missed one of the early ones during the Open beta, due to a bug.

Edit: Oh wait, you can rewatch cutscenes in the inn room, can't you? Doh! *lightly slaps own forehead.*

Jesus, good thing I didn't buy. I just remembered that given I bought the game at launch I don't need to buy the digital edition. Been so long that I forgot :/ Not my brightest moment. Still wish I had the physical release though for the new CE.

Going to try that newbie server guild though, I bought it at launch and didn't spend much time with it and have been too busy to get deep in the betas so It'll be a brand new experience.

So yeah, Temple of Quan is fucking awesome lol. The difficulty ramp up from early dungeons to now was certainly a little eye opening for me as a healer. Gives me much hope for the later dungeons.

Also, can't wait to see
Titan Prime
, his story fight wasn't too bad, only lost one person to the knock off. But I can't wait to see how unforgiven some of these mechanics are during the extreme mode.

Alur

I love the surname and forename setup.

Hah! I've seen some good ones. With the sheer amount of people there's not gonna be much left for folks to pick from without delving into one of those kinds of names in another month or so.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Omg really? ;___; so sorry

Saved a Crab Minion for you hun, had to destroy Cancer hehe

Gonna try to hit 50 tomorrow and start working on AF and FATE farm for seals and earn the last rank in GC

I want to be pimped YOLO SWAG tomorrow night haha!

FATE farming with the regular crew and mumble is a motherfucking magical experience
So much gets done, FC chat becomes useless to tell you the truth

If you get to level 35+ Coerthas is the nest FATE burning place for fucking ever

There's an ungodly amount

I earned roughly 1.3 Million XP doing FATE's for 7 hours and 30 Seals

Gonna have to maybe move onto Mor Dhona or a better FATE for 45+ area

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Vitality, followed by strength.

I think dexterity might help with shield blocks, but I'm not certain.

Please don't put points into VIT it's useless

Gear at end game covers that, almost all DD go for STR

Don't play this like FFXI thought process, throw that shit out the window

I'm only 41 and my MP for THM/BLM is @1998 and I put in 0 into Piety, it's pointless

I have 238 INT at the moment, with 9 more levels to go and better gear stats to add on top of that

Ferrio

Banned
Please don't put points into VIT it's useless

Gear at end game covers that, almost all DD go for STR

Don't play this like FFXI thought process, throw that shit out the window

I'm only 41 and my MP for THM/BLM is @1998 and I put in 0 into Piety, it's pointless

I have 238 INT at the moment, with 9 more levels to go and better gear stats to add on top of that

Gladiator isn't DD though...

Varth

Uhm. How does the billing work exactly? Plain monthly fee like FFXI, right? Some guys keep telling me it's "buy 30 days---->one day gets shaved if you login for a day".

user1337

I envy you guys being able to play at this timne of the day while I have to work...I was soooooo close last night to finally having my monk! half a level away....

I cant even leave work early.... :(

You guys better not bugger up the servers when I get home! :p

Hojaho

I think.... I just created a second service account by accident using my collectors edition code. Instead of upgrading my original active service to a collectors edition code. I want to hurt something... badly. If I think I've done what I think I just did...

I did that as well. I'm really pissed off.
Tons of people did this.
There's a specific page to send a request to fix this. But apparently it can take up to 2 weeks and you lose the 30 days of gameplay.
Their website is horrible. >_<

Well, I must say, I played from about 8pm to 2am my time, and didn't have a single issue. So far this has been the smoothest launch I've ever been a part of. Guess I'm just very lucky so far. It won't last. Tomorrow will probably be a nightmare :).

It's been enjoyable so far. Although, having a fate spawn right on you can be a bit unnerving.

glaurung

That's pretty epic, excellent music too.

Sorry if this is a stupid question or if it has been answered already, but: I have the digital collector's edition on PC. If I now also buy the regular PS3 version, will I get an additional 30 days allotted to my account?
Guys, anyone?

Also, what EU server should I pick if I want a normal population?

Qvoth

I finally got attribute points, what's best for Gladiator?

generally i think it's better to prioritize on str and dex
i see a lot of people saying vit will be taken care of from gear

str helps reduce damage taken from blocks, and dex increase chance of blocking and parrying

my brother who's playing gld went all str i think

Whooter

Uhm. How does the billing work exactly? Plain monthly fee like FFXI, right? Some guys keep telling me it's "buy 30 days---->one day gets shaved if you login for a day".

Yeah, that's not even remotely true.

If you're on a monthly plan, you pay every month regardless of how much time you do or don't spend in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom