• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a little concerned that i have lost my 30 days free you get with the game.

When i recieved the game on friday i installed and entered the code when asked thinking it was early access, when it wouldnt let me in I checked the preorder and low and behold there was another key so I input that and go about my business, just checked the mog station and all it says is 3 days remaining so uhh where did the 30 go? Sighhh

Robin64

Looking at it now, and I have the option.

?

Xh0ARij.png

:(

Robin64

Have you registered your actual standard edition code yet? (not the pre-order code)

I thought I had. I've typed in shedloads of codes for XIV over the weekend in various places. I'll check again later though, when I get home, that could be it.

Darte

Jijidasu should be putting up some screenshots of our adventure today, which ended with the epic final mission.

Not going to spoil it for anyone, but its a freaking endurance run, but that last instance was definitely fun. Magitek Get :3

Surprised the game is so small, The Secret World has spoiled me with its wonderful textures
and 40 GB size

Edit: The opening CG is noticeably compressed, bummer.

Yaqoub

Sony initially mandated that all PS4 games would use this feature. They've since backtracked to saying 'most' will, but it seems pretty certain this will have it.

It'd be great for crafting and gathering.

Makes sense. Chatting also would work well with the software keyboard on Vita. Nice stuff if that happens.

KuroNeeko

Just curious, but can you switch between ENG / JP voice and text in the JP version of the game?

Also, I see that the PS3 version uses the dual-shock, can you also plug in a keyboard for chatting?

I really shouldn't get this game with SolForge out and the Hex alpha coming at the end of September, but it looks like it only costs like 2000円! Who the heck can pass that up?

Robin64

Also, I see that the PS3 version uses the dual-shock, can you also plug in a keyboard for chatting?

You can, yeah.

Amusingly, I keep seeing so much misinformation in the shout channel in cities. People asking if you have the same character on both PS3 and PC and then others responding that no, they are seperate servers. Not sure where this misinformation came from, but it's quite common.

Yaqoub

Just curious, but can you switch between ENG / JP voice and text in the JP version of the game?

I really shouldn't get this game with SolForge out and the Hex alpha coming at the end of September, but it looks like it only costs like 2000円! Who the heck can pass that up?

Can't say for PS3 version but you can change voice language on PC to Japanese and a bunch of other languages. I did that already.

KuroNeeko

You can, yeah.

Amusingly, I keep seeing so much misinformation in the shout channel in cities. People asking if you have the same character on both PS3 and PC and then others responding that no, they are seperate servers. Not sure where this misinformation came from, but it's quite common.

Can't say for PS3 version but you can change voice language on PC to Japanese and a bunch of other languages. I did that already.

Awesooooome.

I was thinking about picking it up on the PS3 (I played XI on the PS2) since I'm tired of messing around with my aging computer and the jet-engine loud fan - but am worried that the console version will have fewer patches and be subject to PSN downtime. :/ It'd be nice to just sit down, flip on a switch, and play though.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I wish they had thief available from the get go. I have no idea what I'd play without it.

gribbles

Banned
Just wondering, if I register my code now, will it add on 30 days to my existing Early Access (totalling 33 days), or will it ignore Early Access and set my subscription to 30 days only? I'd like to know, because I'm trying to decide whether or not to register it now, or wait a couple of days until EA is over.

Rafterman

Banned
Just wondering, if I register my code now, will it add on 30 days to my existing Early Access (totalling 33 days), or will it ignore Early Access and set my subscription to 30 days only? I'd like to know, because I'm trying to decide whether or not to register it now, or wait a couple of days until EA is over.

It will add the time and be 33 days.

gribbles

Banned
Surprised the game is so small, The Secret World has spoiled me with its wonderful textures

Um.... what?

Besides, TSW was a horribly optimized POS with characters so poorly animated they look they've had botox treatments when they talk.

FF14 has better graphics AND is better optimized.

Um.... what?

Besides, TSW was a horribly optimized POS with characters so poorly animated they look they've had botox treatments when they talk.

FF14 has better graphics AND is better optimized.

It's not really horribly optimized, it just actually uses DX11 features like Tessellation everywhere. It's not a game a built for laptops. I'll give you the animation but The Secret World in general is one of the best looking games out there bar none. Amazing high quality textures, great lighting, etc.

And it has anti-aliasing settings other than FXAA. Hardly trying to start an argument though :p

Yaqoub

Only problem I can think of is the L & R buttons being mapped to the touchscreen. Hopefully they'll let you remap the buttons.

I doubt it, but I think it'll work fine. It is still missing the R3 and L3 functionality. Back touch region split I suppose could work? Hmmm.

Caffer

Neo Member
i think i lost my free 30 days..
When i received my preorder code i was somehow unable to create a new service account so i cancelled my previous one.
After redeeming the code,instead of creating a new service account it reactivated my previous 1.0 account.
Now it says i have 14 days left and i can't find where to put the activation code SE just sent me with the 30 free days lol... i think i have one spare FFXIV cd key...:(

glaurung

Are you 1.0/legacy? The free two weeks from that promotion doesn't stack with the free 30 days from registering the PC version of ARR.

It does stack with the free 30 days from the PS3 version though.
Yes, I think I am 1.0, I bought that CE when the game first launched years back.

Does not stack? Huh? Does it mean I burnt my CE pre-order code just for the extra items? Bah.

Edit: my MogStation looks like this

Taruranto

Titan
is pretty hard.

Overall, i'm pretty satisfied by some dungeons and bosses difficulty. The temple boss was ffffucking awesome.

Yes, I think I am 1.0, I bought that CE when the game first launched years back.

Does not stack? Huh? Does it mean I burnt my CE pre-order code just for the extra items? Bah.

Yeah, pretty much. For whatever reason the two weeks takes precedent over the 30 days. I'm not sure why they set it up like that.

SLV

May he forever walk in the light of the crystal <3 !

Right so i just bought the game, just watched the intro, i am from EU, do i join Ragnarok ? Is that the most EU GAF populated realm ? Sitting at the character creation screen !

Baleoce

I did that as well. I'm really pissed off.
Tons of people did this.
There's a specific page to send a request to fix this. But apparently it can take up to 2 weeks and you lose the 30 days of gameplay.
Their website is horrible. >_<

I'm tired of all these different SE sites and codes. It's so anti-user friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom