• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryn

I'm having trouble finding any info on this, but do we know when server transfers will be available for non-legacy characters?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So... how exactly do you know what to sell something for when there is no previous market for them?
First, X item will listed for an insane price. Then people will pick a greedy moderate price and undercut each other based on if it's selling, how much supply there is, or if they just want to play the undercut game. Eventually the price will settle based on how much people are willing to pay considering the average amount of gold the masses have. Some will list things really low and have people with money buy and flip it. If they can't flip it easily, the price will go lower through undercuts.
Simple answer: Undercuts!

First, X item will listed for an insane price. Then people will pick a greedy moderate price and undercut each other based on if it's selling or how much supply there is. Eventually the price will settle based on how much people are willing to pay based on the average amount of gold the masses have. Some will list things low and have people with money buy and flip it.

So basically the same way it was in FFXI. We started on Midgard in 2003 and I don't remember how it all worked at the start.

Khrno

I'm having trouble finding any info on this, but do we know when server transfers will be available for non-legacy characters?

Yoshida mentioned in the last live letter that paid transfers might start 3 or 4 weeks after launch.

Torquill

So basically the same way it was in FFXI. We started on Midgard in 2003 and I don't remember how it all worked at the start.
One big difference between the two is that in XIV you know exactly what the item is selling for. I actually liked FFXI's blind auction system. It helped ensure people were paying closer to what they thought items were worth and it wasn't a race to the bottom.

Animekatt

Are you being sarcastic?! :(

Strangely, I found botany a bit "fun". lol

No I'm not! I absolutely adore being a miner :p

iQ74gMRT4RVeN.jpg
it2qtGVcT0W7q.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
One big difference between the two is that in XIV you know exactly what the item is selling for. I actually liked FFXI's blind auction system. It helped ensure people were paying closer to what they thought items were worth and it wasn't a race to the bottom.

I really liked that system too... too bad the economy was broken.

Finally got it to work. for those of you who are still getting error 3 its because it still thinks you're EU when you're in NA.

-Click on your name at the top of the page and go to your profile.
-When it loads look and see what the address of your profile is. Mine said eu.profile address.

-If yours says this simply change the eu. to na. and press enter once it loads hit back two times and input your code it should work.

hope that helps.

YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!

Doodlebug

I was getting error 3 until I took the advice of going into my profile and re-requesting the page with the subdomain of my actual region. Even though it already appeared right, retyping the "eu" part and hitting enter seemed to fix the issue. Not sure what's with that. It might just have been a coincidence.

I haven't been following the development of ARR one bit. I was thinking about my time with FFXI, then realised this was due to release soon and decided on a whim to preorder, get a code and redeem it so I'm ready for early access. That was all literally an hour ago. I'm going into this pretty much blind, just like I did years ago when I picked up FFXI. Let's see if I can enjoy this one anything like I did back then.

Hope to see everyone on Ultros.

Soroc

At what point does the game use the Full party instead of light party? Are all the dungeons light parties? If so when does full party get used?

Downsampling with 4xmsaa makes the game look amazing with a small performance hit. During huge fates it goes to 35fps but normally runes at 50fps on a i7 4770k/ gtx 770. Thats without the big performance boost from last nights gtx beta drivers. I just need to get some good sweetfx settings to complete it.

erawsd

At what point does the game use the Full party instead of light party? Are all the dungeons light parties? If so when does full party get used?

8 player Full party content doesn't really come into play until endgame "raids" like extreme primals and Great Labyrinth of Bahamut. Crystal Tower will support 24 person parties, but they are holding that back until the 2.1 patch.

akaoni

Banned
I'm stuck on Sargagargatanas waiting for transfers with my friend but legacy players are intimidating and they might get angry if I ask to join as a temp. :(

P.S. what happened to the spreadsheet....

Rektash

Everything worked registering my preorder code except I didn t get an email. Have registered the 20 digit code as well. Hope this shit will work. Copied the 20 digit code into a .txt file just to be safe.

Finally got it to work. for those of you who are still getting error 3 its because it still thinks you're EU when you're in NA.

-When it loads look and see what the address of your profile is. Mine said eu.profile address.

-If yours says this simply change the eu. to na. and press enter once it loads hit back two times and input your code it should work.

hope that helps.

THANK YOU.

This didn't exactly solve my problem, but it did point me to the right place. I went into settings and noticed my gender was wrong, so when I tried to update that it said that I needed to enter a first and last name. After I did that I was able to register with no issues at all, and I had been getting error 3's for the entire afternoon.

So, if you are getting Error 3 constantly, try going into your Profile page and making sure all the required fields are filled (country, first/last name, etc).

hope that helps.

It did. Phew.
Thank you!

Varna

Downsampling with 4xmsaa makes the game look amazing with a small performance hit. During huge fates it goes to 35fps but normally runes at 50fps on a i7 4770k/ gtx 770. Thats without the big performance boost from last nights gtx beta drivers. I just need to get some good sweetfx settings to complete it.

326.80 provide a performance boost for FFXIV? I can't find any source for that...

Ok, got the code registered. I bought the digital CE from GMG. On the SE profile it doesn't specify CE? Am I still waiting on another code from GMG?

_woLf

I think it worked, but I'm not sure....I never got the email with my code, but I entered the code it game me in and it said it worked.

How can I be absolutely sure it worked?

Xiaoki

I imagine enabling SGSSAA just tanks the frames regardless of hardware right?

I got a 18,000 score in the benchmark but the actual game didn't run nearly as smooth as I would have liked. Lots of drops into the 40s.

Yeah, noticed the actual game did not run nearly as smoothly as the benchmark would lead you to believe as well.

I have a GTX 780 and on the benchmark I got a score above 12,000 with an average framerate of 110.
However, in Phase 4 beta out in the field I was getting a framerate around 55 to 58. And thats with the in-game FXAA.

I checked my other games and they run at a level expected of a GTX 780.

So, I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. Is it FF14? Is it the beta?

chrono01

Ok, got the code registered. I bought the digital CE from GMG. On the SE profile it doesn't specify CE? Am I still waiting on another code from GMG?
From what I know, that was just a pre-order code and not the actual retail key. On the release date you should receive a second key [this will be the CE key] that you would then enter in your account to enable all of the CE bonus items.

That's my perspective/estimate on things, anyway.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
this is some serious overstatement of the legacy perks
I don't think so. I would need to make like 2.3 million gil a day for 30 days to catch up to people with 70 million gil xfering over while they just get to buy and resell everything I worked hard to list and probably double their millions. Besides the fact that that's pretty much impossible, just can't compete.

Varna

Yeah, noticed the actual game did not run nearly as smoothly as the benchmark would lead you to believe as well.

I have a GTX 780 and on the benchmark I got a score above 12,000 with an average framerate of 110.
However, in Phase 4 beta out in the field I was getting a framerate around 55 to 58. And thats with the in-game FXAA.

I checked my other games and they run at a level expected of a GTX 780.

So, I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. Is it FF14? Is it the beta?

The only MMO I've played that didn't suffer from iffy frame-rate was DC Universe Online. That game was a marvel. Ran incredibly well even with tons of effects and people around.

Most MMOs are heavily CPU bound so as soon as there are lots of people roaming around (towns for example) the frame-rate starts to take a hit even if you're GPU isn't being utilized to it's full extent. The benchmark ran well because it's offline with nothing but scripted events.

That's my guess anyways.

A couple of people have stated their benchmarks scores going up 1k with them.

Cool. I'll give em a shot.

chrono01

Will the characters transfer to all systems (PS3, PS4, PC)?
While you can share characters between the PC and PS3 [and, I'm guessing, the PS4 once it releases], you will need to purchase a copy for each individual system to do-so.

So if you purchased the PC version and set up an account on that, in order to play on the PS3 you'd need to buy a PS3 copy, register the key, and then you could login to your PC account on the PS3 [since the account apparently works between all versions if you "link" it appropriately].

suzu

I like how botany is just hitting trees with an axe. I think they lost the subtleties of botany.

Maybe we can pick/grow flowers down the line. lol

Miner and Botanist are fantastic, I haven't done Fishing but if it works like the others two, it will also be great.

I did Bot 1-19 in about 3~ hours.

I pretty much hate fishing in every MMO, so I wonder how it is in this game. Didn't try it in the beta either.

No I'm not! I absolutely adore being a miner :p

Haha! I think I'll probably stick with botanist for now. :) Your character looks cute in that gear.

My brain went numb from chopping trees for like 4-5 hours, got my level to 20 tho

I only did it for an hour or so. I don't think I can do any sort of crafting/gathering for too long, heh.

From what I know, that was just a pre-order code and not the actual retail key. On the release date you should receive a second key [this will be the CE key] that you would then enter in your account to enable all of the CE bonus items.

That's my perspective/estimate on things, anyway.

I just thought of that, kinda forgot it was a pre order... Man I'm tired.

I wonder if the client for Early Access is the same as the one for Phase 4 on PS3? It looks to have been posted on the same date, and is a similar size.

Yep. Ultros but I'm EU so my hours will be a bit messed up :p as for my character name...I have no idea what I called myself.

LOL you don't remember your character name? xD How much did you play the Beta?

Anyway, you're about what, 6 hours ahead from US East coast times? Shouldn't be too bad, I'm on at all manners of times. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom