• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Making as much progress as I can after the workday.
Stopped last night right before heading into Titan. The general questing is always sort of whatever, but the big plot point story bits are interesting. The quest right before Titan where
you're gathering the company of heroes to have a feast was neat as all hell.

Also never hit Brayflox before in the betas since I was crafting before. It's a big jump from the last few dungeons, really cool.

I though the part up to the fight was atrocious, literally couldn't take anymore of that shit.

daveo42

Banned
Making as much progress as I can after the workday.
Stopped last night right before heading into Titan. The general questing is always sort of whatever, but the big plot point story bits are interesting. The quest right before Titan where
you're gathering the company of heroes to have a feast was neat as all hell.

Also never hit Brayflox before in the betas since I was crafting before. It's a big jump from the last few dungeons, really cool.

I thought this quest was unreasonably long for what amounts to
fetching cheese and wine.
I think most of these quests have been have just been a very loose way to connect the main dungeons together. The overall story is there, but the inbetween is just terrible.

Zomba13

I thought that the system crashes had stopped. No crashes yesterday or Sunday and now three today. Nothing has changed on my system either as far as I'm aware. No idea what is causing it as only started happening in early access. Phase 3 and 4 were flawless.

Also I'm on the side that thought the lead up to titan was unbearable shit. Easily the worst quest line so far.

Just a quick question regarding parties. Outside of the introductory tutorial, is there any content that absolutely must be solo'd? I understand there are probably specific quests that can't be shared, but can you always have another player just coming along even if they aren't getting rewards from the quest?

A lot of the story quests are instanced, and those are you and you alone. There may be NPCs who may or may not be useful.

Also, when doing levequests and such, even if you're in the same world as everyone else, they can't damage your enemies.

I thought that the system crashes had stopped. No crashes yesterday or Sunday and now three today. Nothing has changed on my system either as far as I'm aware. No idea what is causing it as only started happening in early access. Phase 3 and 4 were flawless.

The "fix" is to hard lock the number of maximum people on the servers so they don't get overloaded. The end result is a ton of 1017 errors over and over trying to log in.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Well since there's no pvp servers and a lot of people are doing low level stuff I'm not having a bad time on Hyperion legacy.

I'd kill for vanilla wow in the sense of low level world pvp.

Well since there's no pvp servers and a lot of people are doing low level stuff I'm not having a bad time on Hyperion legacy.

I'd kill for vanilla wow in the sense of low level world pvp.

Please, Blizzard can't get PvP balanced, you think Square-Enix has a chance? :p

(Seriously, FFXI "PvP" was a joke.)

Zomba13

The "fix" is to hard lock the number of maximum people on the servers so they don't get overloaded. The end result is a ton of 1017 errors over and over trying to log in.

No, I mean the when in game the thing freezes and so does my entire system (mouse, can't alt tab, ctrlaltdelete etc) just stops working for no reason at all. P3 and 4 were fine. Sunday and Monday were fine too. Friday and Today it's just freezing on me for no reason at all and only way to fix it is to restart my computer.

Woo!

V1UrsBJ.jpg

barrin87

I'm sure it's been asked but this thread is gigantic.

I have joined a Grand Company with my Arcanist so I can earn seals on FATES now. If I start leveling up another class will I still earn seals or only as the class that is that high of a level?

Alucrid

Banned
I'm sure it's been asked but this thread is gigantic.

I have joined a Grand Company with my Arcanist so I can earn seals on FATES now. If I start leveling up another class will I still earn seals or only as the class that is that high of a level?
Seals are based on your character not class. So yes, you earn seals period if you're in a gc

Animal

Banned
Couldn't resist and bought the game without much research.

The character creation and customization is really well done.

Ferr986

I thought that whole story arc was bad. All the other story arcs so far were much better.

I think most of these quests have been have just been a very loose way to connect the main dungeons together. The overall story is there, but the inbetween is just terrible.

Yeah, From what I played (currently lvl 27) the problem is that, because the story is used to level you character from 1 to 50, theres too mutch fetch quests in between the big plot points.

Is way different from FFXI (especially CoP) where you had to grind outside of the storyline for continuing the story, but all the story missions were more focused and interesting (atleast plotwise)

Has anybody tried tanking an entire dungeon with Carby?

Has anybody tried healing a dungeon as ACN or THM using CNJ abilities in your sub slots?

Three-manned the entire Toto-rak dungeon cause the tank quit. Carbuncle pet was fine on aggro and arcanist heals were fine enough to win. The other two classes were lancer and archer. Arcanist is my favorite class to group with so far, aside from their pet being the default first target always.

boosh5

Banned
Is there a free trial for this? I looked around the official site for a bit, but didn't find much. Hell, I had to look in the support section to even find out what the subscription fees were, so I'm assuming I've just missed it.

Is there a free trial for this? I looked around the official site for a bit, but didn't find much. Hell, I had to look in the support section to even find out what the subscription fees were, so I'm assuming I've just missed it.

You get a month of time free by buying the game. No free trial to try the game though.

Z3M0G

So are people who are buying the game new on PC today able to create and play new characters?

I know that PS3 players can't register until 1pm PST...

boosh5

Banned
You get a month of time free by buying the game. No free trial to try the game though.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully they implement something like that soon. I've never been a huge MMO fan, but I'm at least interested enough to try this one, just not 30 dollars interested yet.

TheContact

Grabbed my ps3 copy GameStop today and the guy told me that the code probably wouldn't work--should I wait until after the 29th to put the code in?

Edit: wow I should have read first lol, okay I'll register after 1pm =D

When I log into my MogStation account, it says "You have no available characters." on the default/Account Status page. Should that be accurate? I only have 1 service account (same one I've had since 1.0).

Cmagus

My collectors edition came today it's really nice. Cost me $26.00 at the door though lol. Gotta get my ass moving on miner today.

Thanks. Strangely, after logging into the Mog Station, my alt is the only character listed. I have a main on Ultros and an alt on Ixion. It's only showing the alt. Cause for concern?

I think it shows the first character on a Japanese server first. I created a character on a jp server when the NA servers had the 3102 error. Mog Station only shows that character. I created a ticket, but it's probably not a big deal as long as it's the right service account.

Rayjee

So I get to Gamestop, knowing that people are probably waiting in line for Final Fantasy, and this other guy in a car RACES to park next to me. I figure, eh, well seeing that I got here before him, he'll probably follow me inside and be courteous. No: he DASHES ahead of me, rips the door open and stops only when he's in line before anyone else can beat him. Note: there are only 3 other people before him.

So I stand behind him and wait patiently while he starts asking people what server they're going to play on and insists they all join Lania or someshit because OH EM GEE, Everyone in my city is going to be on that server. He asked the people before him, and -after- me. Obviously skipping me and asked everyone else, mind you. I mean, not that I wanted to be asked since I would have denied it anyway, but what the fuck do you think I'm there for? My Little Ponies for the DS? Jesus.

This is why every gamer or nerdy group of people in my city LACK girls. Or they only have someone's sister or something.

So yeah, I am a little butt-hurt for not being asked, but it saved me an awkward response I guess.

The funny part was when the guy in the back of the line responded to him and said, "Pfft, What the fuck makes you think I want to play with these idiots?" (People from my city obviously.) xD

Lmao, I woo'd.

Shouta

We've got an LS going on Excalibur for folks that are interested, just let me know if anyone is on there and interested in a place to chill.

Anyway, I got on this morning and did some crafting before I left for work. I'm stupid poor right now so I'm hoping some of my crafted accessories have sold when I get back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom