• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
So I bought the game from Square's digital store like a month ago. I still haven't received a retail key AND I'm not finding the charge on my statements anywhere still. I received an EA from them and everything too... so looks like I'm going to have to rebuy the game.

I'll go amazon this time, anyone having issues from amazon?

So I get to Gamestop, knowing that people are probably waiting in line for Final Fantasy, and this other guy in a car RACES to park next to me. I figure, eh, well seeing that I got here before him, he'll probably follow me inside and be courteous. No: he DASHES ahead of me, rips the door open and stops only when he's in line before anyone else can beat him. Note: there are only 3 other people before him.

So I stand behind him and wait patiently while he starts asking people what server they're going to play on and insists they all join Lania or someshit because OH EM GEE, Everyone in my city is going to be on that server. He asked the people before him, and -after- me. Obviously skipping me and asked everyone else, mind you. I mean, not that I wanted to be asked since I would have denied it anyway, but what the fuck do you think I'm there for? My Little Ponies for the DS? Jesus.

This is why every gamer or nerdy group of people in my city LACK girls. Or they only have someone's sister or something.

So yeah, I am a little butt-hurt for not being asked, but it saved me an awkward response I guess.

The funny part was when the guy in the back of the line responded to him and said, "Pfft, What the fuck makes you think I want to play with these idiots?" (People from my city obviously.) xD

Lmao, I woo'd.

This tale pleases me.

So I bought the game from Square's digital store like a month ago. I still haven't received a retail key AND I'm not finding the charge on my statements anywhere still. I received an EA from them and everything too... so looks like I'm going to have to rebuy the game.

I'll go amazon this time, anyone having issues from amazon?

I just sent DR customer service an email; depending on the answer I may be cancelling (although they've already charged me...) and ordering from Amazon myself. Lousy beatniks.

Shouta

What? That's the first I've heard of this. If that's true then I'll never be able to make a decision.

Maelstrom actually has ~5 fewer pieces for CNJ/WHM than the other two, and only one of them has an earring (I forget which, I think maybe the Flames).

Crafted gear can and will be better than GC gear so you can just pick whatever one you want.

I talked wth one of my fellow 1.0 players last night and we noticed the gear scheme and stats currently accommodate both dungeon goers and crafters. With materia melding, a buyable/crafted pieceo f gear can be the equivalent of some of the best dropped pieces in the game, so you'll always have an avenue for gear.

Phenomic

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere but I'm having trouble tracking it down.

Just got my PS3 Collectors Edition and I went to the Mog Station to try and register the code. The box on the website seems to indicate that I can only put in a PC code. Normally this is fine I can just put it in on the ps3 later, but once I get that far how do I link the ps3 code to my Square Enix account? Or will it just do it automatically? Will it then allow me to access my account information via the website?

Einbroch

Banned
Really liking the way my character looks. Helmets actually look good in this game.

i99COllEflPc3.png

twelver

I've noticed that the cost of spells goes up as you increase in level. So whats the point of getting an MP increase if that happens per level? Is it marginal??

Noi

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere but I'm having trouble tracking it down.

Just got my PS3 Collectors Edition and I went to the Mog Station to try and register the code. The box on the website seems to indicate that I can only put in a PC code. Normally this is fine I can just put it in on the ps3 later, but once I get that far how do I link the ps3 code to my Square Enix account? Or will it just do it automatically? Will it then allow me to access my account information via the website?

The code inside the box is a PSN code, not a PC one. Redeem it via the PSN Store or the PSN Webstore.

So I get to Gamestop, knowing that people are probably waiting in line for Final Fantasy, and this other guy in a car RACES to park next to me. I figure, eh, well seeing that I got here before him, he'll probably follow me inside and be courteous. No: he DASHES ahead of me, rips the door open and stops only when he's in line before anyone else can beat him. Note: there are only 3 other people before him.

So I stand behind him and wait patiently while he starts asking people what server they're going to play on and insists they all join Lania or someshit because OH EM GEE, Everyone in my city is going to be on that server. He asked the people before him, and -after- me. Obviously skipping me and asked everyone else, mind you. I mean, not that I wanted to be asked since I would have denied it anyway, but what the fuck do you think I'm there for? My Little Ponies for the DS? Jesus.

This is why every gamer or nerdy group of people in my city LACK girls. Or they only have someone's sister or something.

So yeah, I am a little butt-hurt for not being asked, but it saved me an awkward response I guess.

The funny part was when the guy in the back of the line responded to him and said, "Pfft, What the fuck makes you think I want to play with these idiots?" (People from my city obviously.) xD

Lmao, I woo'd.

My gf loves going to gamestop with me just so she can play the My Little Pony type demos on DS and Wii U. So what server are you going to play on? Lol.

Eyothrie

I think it shows the first character on a Japanese server first. I created a character on a jp server when the NA servers had the 3102 error. Mog Station only shows that character. I created a ticket, but it's probably not a big deal as long as it's the right service account.

Yep. They're both on the same service account. I suppose that I'll just keep my eye on it and hope it gets corrected

MKAllDay

Getting that silly 1017 error in the middle of a work/school day. Guess I should have expected this given that its official release day. I was not prepared for this letdown...

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
We've got an LS going on Excalibur for folks that are interested, just let me know if anyone is on there and interested in a place to chill.

lol So do we, the LS we have are mostly all from the Sarg LS that have stuck together in the move plus non-gaffers. I think Shiori is in your LS too?

Mako_Drug

1017s all up in this b. My first impressions are that this game is uglier then I thought and then I remember that its an MMO, secondly why did I choose the pirate town to start when I hate pirates. Didn't get very far because I read text dialogue for some reason. Besides all that I had a good time ^_^

barrin87

Has anyone played through the level 20 Arcanist quest? I was trying to beat it 3 times on Sunday and kept losing. I was using my topaz carbuncle and just attacking but couldn't tell if that was the correct strategy.

Rayjee

My gf loves going to gamestop with me just so she can play the My Little Pony type demos on DS and Wii U. So what server are you going to play on? Lol.

Lol, its just insulting to think that just because I'm a girl, I can't play certain games. Lol, ~Ultros :3 Thank you for asking!

Haint

Lmao, I woo'd.

Sorry I was just excited.

Baleoce

Guys, look at this right.. on the registration code that I got with my PC physical collectors edition.

"If you already have a FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Service Account, please refer to the instructions at the following URL to use this code to set up a further service account."

So.. how the hell was I supposed to take from this that I needed to merge a code with my already existing service account? I took it word for word and went onto the mogsite, and made a "further" service account. So now I have 2 service accounts, because it told me to do it. I get told whenever I login to the game now to choose between two entirely separate service accounts. One with my pre-made character and moogle hat/cait sith minion (pre order bonus code), and one separate service with my collectors edition content. That obviously can't be right, because I want all that CE bonus content on my character that I've already made on the pre-order one. Why is this so backwards? It's just ridiculous. I discussed this earlier, and made out a form to them so they can go about rectifying the situation, but with the wording on that leaflet, how the hell did I (or anyone else who made this same mistake) have a chance? Are we supposed to have two service accounts, am I going mad or something? What even was the right way of doing this?

Salaadin

Anyone know of any good comparisons and tests on STR vs VIT for Warrior?

Looking at wiki, I get this:

Strength:
-Increases melee attack power.
-Increases the percentage of damage mitigated by block and parry.

WAR and MRD have abilities that heal you based on the damage you do so is it correct to assume that higher str = higher dmg = more HP healed?
Also, damage mitigation would be real handy.

But then theres VIT:
Increases maximum HP.

More HP is always good and there are a few abilities that heal you based on your max hp so that cant be bad either.

It feels like a good idea to add into both. Im just not sure how to split it.

Scrawnton

So, how bad of a hit did the servers take with new players today? I read on their official site they wi be restricting login all this week, but is that only on overpopulated severe so that they can get more players?

I started over on Malboro because it is a smaller sever. It currently doesn't have character creation restrictions.
Are we gonna reach a point where people buying the game won't be able to play at all until next week?

Rayjee

Guys, look at this right.. on the registration code that I got with my PC physical collectors edition.

"If you already have a FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Service Account, please refer to the instructions at the following URL to use this code to set up a further service account."

D: Oh man, that sucks. I don't think you're supposed to have two like that. Hopefully they can help you merge your accounts.

Salaadin

So, how bad of a hit did the servers take with new players today? I read on their official site they wi be restricting login all this week, but is that only on overpopulated severe so that they can get more players?

I started over on Malboro because it is a smaller sever. It currently doesn't have character creation restrictions.
Are we gonna reach a point where people buying the game won't be able to play at all until next week?

I think its going to be a frustrating week or so. Theres a lot of buzz about this game right now and its obviously more than SE anticipated so theyre being hammered. I think once the newness wears off, the number of people logging in simultaneously will drop. There will also be those frustrated with the shitty server mess and will just outright quit.

Mugaaz

Probably, but no one knows.

Baleoce

D: Oh man, that sucks. I don't think you're supposed to have two like that. Hopefully they can help you merge your accounts.

Yeah it's crazy. The leaflet literally told me to make another service account. And I got shafted because of it.

Has anyone played through the level 20 Arcanist quest? I was trying to beat it 3 times on Sunday and kept losing. I was using my topaz carbuncle and just attacking but couldn't tell if that was the correct strategy.

You need to pay attention to the NPC comments. At one point they tell you to switch to another strategy - that's your cue to find the casters and take them down. If the party acts stupid and splits up, this means there will be casters on both sides of the bridge and you'll need to find them.

Shouta

Would you consider a merge? Would be nice to have us all in one place. We have 22 people in ours at the moment.

I would have to ask the others. Good thing they allow multiple linkshells in this though, heh.

So.. how the hell was I supposed to take from this that I needed to merge a code with my already existing service account? I took it word for word and went onto the mogsite, and made a "further" service account. So now I have 2 service accounts, because it told me to do it. I get told whenever I login to the game now to choose between two entirely separate service accounts. One with my pre-made character and moogle hat/cait sith minion (pre order bonus code), and one separate service with my collectors edition content. That obviously can't be right, because I want all that CE bonus content on my character that I've already made on the pre-order one. Why is this so backwards? It's just ridiculous. I discussed this earlier, and made out a form to them so they can go about rectifying the situation, but with the wording on that leaflet, how the hell did I (or anyone else who made this same mistake) have a chance? Are we supposed to have two service accounts, am I going mad or something? What even was the right way of doing this?

Can you contact CS and see if they can merge the two service accounts?

Mr. RHC

Soo, played a bit, still in Tutorial in Uh' Dal, I think?

Controlling this game on PS3 is certainly... interesting! Haha , playing this without a keyboard must be the most difficult quest over the course of the game..

Soundtrack is nice, story could be nice, graphics are ps3 style, I expected as much.

Eyothrie

Can someone explain to me (very much a noob) how I become a black Mage? I'm currently a THM and know that I need to hit lvl 30 THM. What are the other requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom