• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Hm. So it seems that the CE items are tied to the 1.0 CE game code, not the Onion Helm code. So now my GF has all the CE items and I have an Onion Helm.

Maybe it's time to shell out that 20 bones for chocoarmor....

So, how bad of a hit did the servers take with new players today? I read on their official site they wi be restricting login all this week, but is that only on overpopulated severe so that they can get more players?

I started over on Malboro because it is a smaller sever. It currently doesn't have character creation restrictions.
Are we gonna reach a point where people buying the game won't be able to play at all until next week?

I'm on Malboro. Whats your character name and when I get home from work I'll hit you up ;D.

daveo42

Banned
Command lag really bites in this game when tanking. Makes moving out of cones and interrupting spells really finicky.

Yeah, any lag really sucks when you can get one-shotted from being 1/2 second behind. I'm sure the lag will go down as server populations drop and plateau after people leave the game.

Z3M0G

You don't lose it if you change classes, but if you level something that's a much lower level it will go away super quickly. I would advise not doing that at least.

lol... yup, learned this yesterday.

Burned away a full bar of rested XP on my lvl 33 GLD on leveling Mining from level 1 to 2... :S

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I thought that for a second. ~ But it still proves my point that its the reason why our gamer groups suck locally. xD

It's the same thing here in my area. Not to sound like a dick, but it's kind of funny seeing some people nervously stumble when dealing with female sales associates while I'm in line at Gamestop. :p

Pachimari

Did you end up putting in the pre order code that turned into a: (20 digit for PC, 12 digit for PS3) and registering it?

What pre-order code?

I entered a 12-digit code on PSN but nothing happened, then I progressed to just play the game. Why? I lost my bonuses?

smr00

Banned
Got nothing to do today other than go grocery shopping so i wake up 8 to get an early start thinking i could knock 4-5 levels off before getting stuff done and fast forward 5 hours and i am still fucking grinding the side job stuff or whatever it's called. Fishing, cooking, smiting etc. and i don't know why.

I never cared about crafting or anything but for some reason i am just drawn to it here and the fact 5 hours went by like 20 minutes kind of scares me.

So what's a good way to get the 2000 GC seals needed to buy a chocobo?
The CE mount completely bypasses the cost of a mount, right? Been debating on it because of the chocobo armor and that sick mount it comes with, not that the seals are a problem because i almost have enough.

Hellers

Anyone get a "Server is not responding" error after using the disc version on PS3?

I did when I first booted up my PS3 copy. Restarted and it couldn't connect to the login page properly. All working now though.

I'm playing on PC though. Only bought PS3 because it was the only CE I could get from Amazon

Mrg8523-

The CE mount completely bypasses the cost of a mount, right? Been debating on it because of the chocobo armor and that sick mount it comes with, not that the seals are a problem because i almost have enough.

I think you still need to buy the license to use any mount. I wasn't able to use my legacy mount until I had bought the 2000 seal item.

Phenomic

Soo, played a bit, still in Tutorial in Uh' Dal, I think?

Controlling this game on PS3 is certainly... interesting! Haha , playing this without a keyboard must be the most difficult quest over the course of the game..

Soundtrack is nice, story could be nice, graphics are ps3 style, I expected as much.

Honestly you catch up with it pretty surprisingly quick and I don't think I'd want to go back to the old style of a long string of keyboard garden variety MMO.

I play a main Conj and when you're healing in a party it really just does feel menu based of the Final Fantasy of old, and I think that's part of why I've fallen so in love with this game.

Targeting outside a party acts a little wonky and I haven't quite figured out what it's doing yet, but other than that it's lighting fast, fluid and smooth. Bouncing targets to apply DOTS and then heal up the main tank couldn't be easier for me.

Moaradin

Is there anything in particular I should be using my Grand Company Seals for? After I got my mount they have been just stacking up. Have 8000 now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, what level do I choose my Grand Company? I keep reading stuff in here but I try to wait to do stuff until the game tells me 'hey go do this'

daveo42

Banned
Leves and FATE are your best bet because you can run over and do a FATE when you spot one on the map and if there isn't one you can still do your leve.

Actually adding in Leves sounds like a good idea for some of the downtime you can hit between FATEs, especially at lower levels where you may way 10-15 minutes for new ones to pop up. FATEs are more continuous in higher level zones though. Coerthas gives you maybe 5mins of downtime at most between a string of FATEs.

Salaadin

Also, what level do I choose my Grand Company? I keep reading stuff in here but I try to wait to do stuff until the game tells me 'hey go do this'

You have to bang out a bunch of story quests. Once you hit the dungeons, you have 3 dungeons to do, followed by another story battle, and then I think you can pick.

Omnicent

No just fates.

Leves are pretty stupid (any quests that require you to use emotes constantly are stupid). Not to mention they give less seals than fates.

This and leves only for crafting.... that appears what they were made for with that HQ bonus of gil and exp

Effect

Are there any videos out there looking at the PS3 graphics and how they compare to the PC version? On the verge of buying a PS3 copy along with a messenger pad.

daveo42

Banned
Is there anything in particular I should be using my Grand Company Seals for? After I got my mount they have been just stacking up. Have 8000 now.

Increasing your GC rank is a pretty good idea for now imho. Other than that, there is some decent gear that also gets a set bonus that might be worth it if your gear is currently lacking. Also, a higher GC rank means you can hold more seals and get better/higher level gear.

So I get to Gamestop, knowing that people are probably waiting in line for Final Fantasy, and this other guy in a car RACES to park next to me. I figure, eh, well seeing that I got here before him, he'll probably follow me inside and be courteous. No: he DASHES ahead of me, rips the door open and stops only when he's in line before anyone else can beat him. Note: there are only 3 other people before him.

So I stand behind him and wait patiently while he starts asking people what server they're going to play on and insists they all join Lania or someshit because OH EM GEE, Everyone in my city is going to be on that server. He asked the people before him, and -after- me. Obviously skipping me and asked everyone else, mind you. I mean, not that I wanted to be asked since I would have denied it anyway, but what the fuck do you think I'm there for? My Little Ponies for the DS? Jesus.

This is why every gamer or nerdy group of people in my city LACK girls. Or they only have someone's sister or something.

So yeah, I am a little butt-hurt for not being asked, but it saved me an awkward response I guess.

The funny part was when the guy in the back of the line responded to him and said, "Pfft, What the fuck makes you think I want to play with these idiots?" (People from my city obviously.) xD

Lmao, I woo'd.

Sorry I was just excited.

Ai4XmTal.jpg

daveo42

Banned
I already did the 3 quests. I'm currently 22.

Keep pushing through the story. You have to go back through the cities one more time, do a battle, then decide which city you want to be affiliated with. Shouldn't be too long till you get your GC and access to seals.

Meia

So what's a good way to get the 2000 GC seals needed to buy a chocobo?

One of the instances you can do around the point you need the 2k seals in the first place has three Grand Company hunter quests for it, rewarding 250 seals each too. It's not a bad start. :p

Skilletor

We've got an LS going on Excalibur for folks that are interested, just let me know if anyone is on there and interested in a place to chill.

Anyway, I got on this morning and did some crafting before I left for work. I'm stupid poor right now so I'm hoping some of my crafted accessories have sold when I get back on.

I would like a linkshell. :)

I hit 42 on my Bard last night and have been having a blast with the game. Most fun I have had with an MMO in a while. I just love the world it is set in. The music in Coerthas is so good, only the Titian music has been better so far.

For anyone with an open trouble ticket with CS to add your 2nd service account to the 1st, I just got this email:

"Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

This email has been sent to notify you that your ticket was received and will be responded to within 2 business days (48 hours) of receipt."

There's more under it about beta code stuff, but the above is the only important part.

Omnicent

I have yet to find any fieldcraft leves... do they exist? Always shows none available...

Like crafting they only show in certain areas.
IE: aetherport has BSM and CUL, but no ARM (all three are in limsa... so I'll have to explore for those).

I'm assuming this holds true for gathering (I did them to level BTN and MIN to 20 in P4), so yeah until someone compiles a list of what leve areas cover which DoH/DoL you are just going to have to huff it.

ALSO you HAVE to do the leve unlock quest on your DoW/DoM first. So, you are forced to level a DoW/DoM unless you don't want to do crafting leves (YOU DO, oh you do. Was getting 700+ gil per HQ turn in for a lv15 leve and 12k+ exp. This is why you level multiple crafts. Makes it a lot easier to HQ.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom