• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about buying the game off PSN Webstore while i'm at work, will it be ready for me to install when i get off work? or should i just swing by BestBuy after work? I'm a PS+ member if it matters ...

LaneDS

Command lag really bites in this game when tanking. Makes moving out of cones and interrupting spells really finicky.

Yeah, I got hit a few times tanking the Brayflox's Longstop boss last night when I was absolutely sure I was out of the target area, and that attack is no triffling thing to be hit with.

froliq

We've got an LS going on Excalibur for folks that are interested, just let me know if anyone is on there and interested in a place to chill.

Anyway, I got on this morning and did some crafting before I left for work. I'm stupid poor right now so I'm hoping some of my crafted accessories have sold when I get back on.

Sure, I'd like an invite to a LS. I'm Lyndis Dinhe on Excalibur. Will probably transfer off when oppertunity comes though, because the few people I knew did a last minute change to a EU marked server and some didn't end up joining me.

WolvenOne

Yeah, I got hit a few times tanking the Brayflox's Longstop boss last night when I was absolutely sure I was out of the target area, and that attack is no triffling thing to be hit with.

Haven't noticed it yet, but, if its an attack I KNOW is gonna smart, I generally try to get outta there with time to spare. My favored escape pattern, at least when it comes to attacks with a cone of effect, is to head towards the enemy and duck to the side. It requires the least amount of movement, and minimizes the chances that you'll lose agro while avoiding the attack.

PowerTaxi

Banned
First time in the past 2 days that I can't get on Odin. Oh well, good luck had run out sometime heh.

Edit: As soon as I posted this, I get put in a queue.

I'm guessing this has been answered before or whatever, but anyway:

I have a 1.0 copy of the game which I've registered and all that.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the digital collector's edition, does anyone know if the upgrade only gets you the in-game items, or does it get you the soundtrack and all as well?

If it's just the in-game items, I probably won't get it. But if it comes with the soundtrack, for €15 I'd probably buy it. Anyone have any idea?

I'm guessing this has been answered before or whatever, but anyway:

I have a 1.0 copy of the game which I've registered and all that.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the digital collector's edition, does anyone know if the upgrade only gets you the in-game items, or does it get you the soundtrack and all as well?

If it's just the in-game items, I probably won't get it. But if it comes with the soundtrack, for €15 I'd probably buy it. Anyone have any idea?

Just the items from what I understand.

Ferrio

Banned
are you checking in the city where the craft guild is? I've only found botany fieldcraft leves in Gridania

Edit: beaten above. I should have refreshed the page!

Guess I'll do that then.

I do like how the game rewards you for not being lazy when leveling up crafting. Go the lazy route and only get like 1/8th the exp.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Finally getting my copy in the mail and my first experience of 1017.

How long does this usually take?

NeededSleep

Still cant play my legacy character since the server is full.
Also still unable to roll a character on Ultros. :(

Maybe ill try next week to play the game and join the GAF group. Hopefully the server problems will be fixed by then.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So the moogle hat and helm of light are both +20% exp below level 10?

I'm not going to get much use out of either.

I was hoping the helm of light would have different perks...

MedIC86

Also does anyone know, is it only possible to get a magitek armor on the legacy server? or in the normal ones as well. Also does playing on a legacy server have a downside?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Man... this sucks. I was playing and the internet went out. Now I can't log into the any characters cuz it's saying that it's stuck trying to log out. =/

WolvenOne

5 mins to 6 hours

The servers should start to settle in the next day or two, but, until it does, logging in during east coast peak hours is going to be a struggle.

Hopefully it won't be as bad today though, there might be fewer idlers at least. Though, that may be offset by the new players logging in.

Dvide

Banned
Oh my god. I immediatly regret choosing the Odin servers. Everybody's rushing trough the level 30/35 temples. Running like crazy. You can explain everything a thousand times and people still won't listen and die. Sucks being a healer because it's mostly my fault, even thugh they run in battles while I have less than 25% mp.

Dunan

Not sure if anyone has posted about it yet, but I saw the Japanese guidebook in the store today and impulse-bought it. It's huge: magazine-sized, but as thick as a regular book (320 pages). Tips on how to customize the hotbars. Explanations of all the jobs and what abilities are acquired at what levels. Maps of all the areas and explanations of all the game's concepts. Pictures of each possible facial variation. Pictures of all the dye colors, even.

It will of course be superseded by something else when the game's first expansion comes out, but for now, wow!

Now for a question: I bought the Collector's Edition from the US and am having it shipped to me here in Japan. It's supposed to arrive between September 9 and September 19. Will it be possible for me to play the game with the current client before it arrives, if I give SE my credit card details now? If I do that, will I end up paying for my first month instead of getting it for free, or will I be able to tack that month onto my paid time once the physical game (and its codes) arrive?

Ferr986

Holy shit at Upper La Noscea, what a beautiful place! and dat music when you enter the outpost....

Still stuck waiting outside Copperbell mines waiting for the Duty finder to match me or waiting for people to party up with again...fun times.
currently Im clocking 50 mins for Halatali. Im doing other stuff though.

The servers should start to settle in the next day or two, but, until it does, logging in during east coast peak hours is going to be a struggle.

Hopefully it won't be as bad today though, there might be fewer idlers at least. Though, that may be offset by the new players logging in.

I'm in!!!

Glad you got in and yes I agree about the server situation...Also Update 3...My game crashed im out again lol! 3102 error. Thats the really bad one isnt it? Character still logged in error.

Baleoce

Can you contact CS and see if they can merge the two service accounts?

I (and everyone else on the official forums) that was affected by this, were forced to fill out a form on an SE site, that agreed to certain terms and condition. https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5383&la=2&daxx=2

It's possible that we have to forfeit our 30 days paid membership because of this. I took a picture of the redemption code leaflet that came with the collector's edition, and it quite clearly states the course of action we took.

iobmbV6gakydM.png

It would be nothing short of insane if they still took our 30 days away from us after this eventually gets cleared up.

Timeaisis

I just looked at the GAF list (missed it before) and I didn't realize HOW much of GAF went to Ultros...

I had a completely error-free night of playing yesterday on Malboro. Logged in at around 10 and got 3 hours in completely fine and leveled over my "main" on Ultros. I'm thinking of making all my characters on that server. My "main" on Ultros isn't nearly leveled enough to warrant me staying. Hopefully at some point they'll alllow world transfers, but until then, Ultros is looking like just a pain to play on.

Shouta

I would like a linkshell. :)

Just pop me a PM with your char name and I'll get you when I get home.

Sure, I'd like an invite to a LS. I'm Lyndis Dinhe on Excalibur. Will probably transfer off when oppertunity comes though, because the few people I knew did a last minute change to a EU marked server and some didn't end up joining me.

Same as above because this thread will probably be a bunch of pages ahead by the time I get off.

I (and everyone else on the official forums) that was affected by this, were forced to fill out a form on an SE site, that agreed to certain terms and condition. https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5383&la=2&daxx=2

It's possible that we have to forfeit our 30 days paid membership because of this. I took a picture of the redemption code leaflet that came with the collector's edition, and it quite clearly states the course of action we took.

iobmbV6gakydM.png

It would be nothing short of insane if they still took our 30 days away from us after this eventually gets cleared up.

Ergh, that's ass. Why couldn't they just transfer the Preorder codes to the CE or vice-versa.

Vitanimus

So I'm trying to set up my details to use the Crysta system on Mogstation so I can get the Veteran Rewards and such, but I'm trying to put in my post code and it says "The ZIP/postal code is invalid. Please confirm the entered data."

I live in the UK so I'm guessing that this site is for US customers. Any advice?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So, my physical box arrived today, sealed in plastic from ShopTo.

Already playing the game, got my Cait Sith and Mog Cap, so.... what is this for? Do I need it for anything, or better still, has it come with a completely different code someone else could use?

I assume I already have 30 days running, or is that whats in here, a third code to shove in this things gob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom