• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the physical ce 2.0 but also had the 1.0 which is sitting next to me. Problem is I have 2 accounts and I dont want to use the one that my ffxi and ffxiv 1.0 are on do you think they would merge my accounts as I can prove they are both mine and such.

finally got the first code through. so what to do next for the ps3 version? am i forced to download the client again? i don't see any other way to register the next code.

Valnen

Extremely boring and vanilla.

The only have like 3 different attach chains.. one of which recovers mana which you only have one ability that uses mana...

Well a tank has a lot more to worry about then their rotation if the encounters are designed well enough.

I finally finished. What a nightmare.

Onion Helm and Asuran Armguards, 2.0 CE goods, Mog Hat and Cait Sith Minion.

Ready for Saturday. See you guys there.

Nirran

Finally got it to work. for those of you who are still getting error 3 its because it still thinks you're EU when you're in NA.

-Click on your name at the top of the page and go to your profile.
-When it loads look and see what the address of your profile is. Mine said eu.profile address.

-If yours says this simply change the eu. to na. and press enter once it loads hit back two times and input your code it should work.

hope that helps.

Amazing I did this and it worked. For some reason mine was set to UK.

Do minions attack, or are they just for decoration?

Decoration :)
7Yk8nrf.jpg

Cmagus

I don't think so. I would need to make like 2.3 million gil a day for 30 days to catch up to people with 70 million gil xfering over while they just get to buy and resell everything I worked hard to list and probably double their millions. Besides the fact that that's pretty much impossible, just can't compete.

While I don't wanna get into the whole legacy vs non legacy argument one thing that I like is that most materials in this game are fairly easy to obtain. Not only that but in 1.0 there were alot of things that would become hot items on the marketplace for all levels. I can't remember off the top of my head the one item that was going for alot but people were farming lvl 10 sheep and even those lower could make money.

Also at the start the stuff that legacy players are selling and making the big money off of aren't really a concern to someone who is a lower end player as you won't be needing a Vanya robe for awhile and by then things will have settled. The market is kind of weird in this game as certain items would go from 1000k each to 100k at random times.I remember throwing items away because I had too many and then the following week people were making a ton off of it.

Lastly you would benefit from leveling classes like miner because there is always need for ores, ingots and gear. Take your time and be smart and you will do just fine and make your money. Also alot of legacy players are lazy and don't wanna farm and have lots of money exploit that.

Khrno

I don't think so. I would need to make like 2.3 million gil a day for 30 days to catch up to people with 70 million gil xfering over while they just get to buy and resell everything I worked hard to list and probably double their millions. Besides the fact that that's pretty much impossible, just can't compete.

lol as if there were that many people in 1.0 that had 700M gil.

chrono01

Look at all those goodies.

7Ibz1uM.png
That's a lot of goodies!

It's weird that, when I registered my code, I didn't get the "Beta Test" mention under my account, despite being in the previous Beta's. The only one I got was "Windows(R)" under Permanent Options and the two pre-order bonus items [Mog Cap and Cait Sith Doll Minion].

Oh well, not much I can do about it now! Hopefully everything was registered correctly...

Haint

It's irrelevant honestly. 6 months or whatever isn't going to amount to a hill of beans. They have nerfed gil so hard from much of 1.X, the wealthiest players on fresh servers won't be a fart in the wind once the highest roller Legacy's are allowed to transfer over. Hell, they won't be a fart in the wind to even the lowest rollers. If they were concerned with fairness, they would have barred legacy's from FS servers permanently as it really makes no sense to allow it. If noobies want to play with legacy's after 6 months, they could simply transfer to legacy servers. I played 1.0 fairly casually for less than 3 months and had 20 million gil. What was the reduction amount, 50% or 90%? Either way, I'd still be loaded relative to FS 2.0. I can't even image what the people who played hardcore for 3 years had. I think I made less than 10k gil putting 15-20 hours in phase 4.

erawsd

What game started the whole minion craze? Wow?

I don't see the point.

I'm not big on them either but there does feel like there is a huge chunk of people that go ballistic over that stuff. Its kinda like achievements, Leaderboards, ect.

That said, I love the direction WoW went with them, its evolved into a full on Pokemon mini game which is a lot of fun during "downtime".

C.Dark.DN

Banned
While I don't wanna get into the whole legacy vs non legacy argument one thing that I like is that most materials in this game are fairly easy to obtain. Not only that but in 1.0 there were alot of things that would become hot items on the marketplace for all levels. I can't remember off the top of my head the one item that was going for alot but people were farming lvl 10 sheep and even those lower could make money.

Also at the start the stuff that legacy players are selling and making the big money off of aren't really a concern to someone who is a lower end player as you won't be needing a Vanya robe for awhile and by then things will have settled. The market is kind of weird in this game as certain items would go from 1000k each to 100k at random times.I remember throwing items away because I had too many and then the following week people were making a ton off of it.

Lastly you would benefit from leveling classes like miner because there is always need for ores, ingots and gear. Take your time and be smart and you will do just fine and make your money. Also alot of legacy players are lazy and don't wanna farm and have lots of money exploit that.
That's pretty neat that low level items are useful to high level chars.

Gathering professions are essentially hard labor jobs. Leveling may be fun, but farming ore while rich people can flip it, by cheap because they are arsed to farm it themselves to use it for crafting professions to flip, and bots farming sucks and is mind numbing.

lol as if there were that many people in 1.0 that had 700M gil.
Whether it's 700 million, 100 million, 10 million, it's all in the domain of domain of really hard to catch up to impossible to catch up.

_woLf

Is XIV ARR showing up on your guys list of account services for the Square Enix account?

Mine doesn't, after I submitted the code. I mean it says it worked but only XIV 1.0 shows up.

Khrno

Whether it's 700 million, 100 million, 10 million, 1 million it's still in the domain of domain of really hard to catch up to impossible to catch up.

Very nice, keep telling yourself that it's impossible and you will never achieve anything.

Hope you don't think like that in real life.

chrono01

Is XIV ARR showing up on your guys list of account services for the Square Enix account?

Mine doesn't, after I submitted the code. I mean it says it worked but only XIV 1.0 shows up.
Final Fantasy XIV shows up on mine. It's the only game I have registered.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Very nice, keep telling yourself that it's impossible and you will never achieve anything.

Hope you don't think like that in real life.

Keep being dishonest with people so you can take advantage of them. I've kind of been playing WoW for 6 years, retired now, and have been on the top of the economy with all professions leveled. I knot how AH MMO's work. I would not tell and new player to roll on a "WoW 2 legacy server" unless they had friends they wanted to play with specifically.

By the way, I'm playing on a legacy FFXIV server.

Uthred

So come Saturday do we get a second code, do we just log into the client or do we get our second code when the physical game arrives/ the 27th?

Velkyn

Still a bit annoyed that I have legacy, yet I have to wait for the 27th, or play on the 24th by buying a game I'm going to get free anyway. Kind of a big oversight by SE.

daveo42

Banned
Whew, got mine early registration in. I wish there weren't so many hoops and accounts to jump through just to complete something that should be fairly simple.

Still, hyped and ready for Saturday morning!

Apoptomon

Should I be worried, GAF? I pre-ordered directly from SE Europe store in mid-July and only got a receipt. I have ARR on the SE Members profile page as registered on the day I bought it, but I haven't had any codes sent my way apart from the beta ones.

Cmagus

Should I be worried, GAF? I pre-ordered directly from SE Europe store in mid-July and only got a receipt. I have ARR on the SE Members profile page as registered on the day I bought it, but I haven't had any codes sent my way apart from the beta ones.

Check your receipt from when you purchased it, it should be your serial number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom